CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Knee Sleeves (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83804)

Jeff Enge 08-19-2013 09:03 AM

Knee Sleeves

I've seen the Rehband ones around a lot - was wondering if there are other good options, and where's the best place to buy them.

Lucas King 08-19-2013 09:08 AM

Re: Knee Sleeves

Rehband sleeves are great, I would get the older style blue ones though. I went through two pairs of the newer version (grey) in a pretty short order. Jackals gym is the best place to get them as well.

Jeff Enge 08-19-2013 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=Lucas King;1187838]Rehband sleeves are great, I would get the older style blue ones though. I went through two pairs of the newer version (grey) in a pretty short order. Jackals gym is the best place to get them as well.[/QUOTE]

I have that site pulled up right now actually. I'll take a look at the old-style ones too.

Jon Campbell 08-19-2013 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=Lucas King;1187838]Rehband sleeves are great, I would get the older style blue ones though. I went through two pairs of the newer version (grey) in a pretty short order. Jackals gym is the best place to get them as well.[/QUOTE]

I think Jackals is the only place to the get the older style blue ones, which I highly recommend if you are going to get a pair.

Brian Liang 08-19-2013 12:14 PM

There are also Tommy Kono Knee Sleeves.

I like Tommy Kono knees sleeves alot, really good to use when doing olympic lifts and squats.

However, I wouldn't use them for metacons, as your knee sweats like crazy just wearing them. So it kind of depends on what activity you are doing.

Michael Prather 08-21-2013 12:08 PM

What about sizing for the sleeves? The site says to measure a part of the body which I do not know how to identify. Is there an easier way to figure out what size you need?

Jeff Enge 08-21-2013 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=Michael Prather;1188475]What about sizing for the sleeves? The site says to measure a part of the body which I do not know how to identify. Is there an easier way to figure out what size you need?[/QUOTE]

If you look at the new ones it identifies which area you need - specifically 15 cm down from your patella, around the calf. Mine measured ~40 cm, so I got a pair of Ls because I'd rather them be a little tight than loose.

John Drohan 08-22-2013 08:12 AM

You can get the old style blue Rehband knee sleeves from Amazon as well. I've been using them since March and they have been a life saver.

Sean Dunston 08-22-2013 08:23 AM

Yep - get the old blue ones. I've had mine a couple years -- they are great (and legal in USAPL/IPF if you ever want to powerlift).

Let them air out after use - don't throw them into a closed gym bag or the trunk of your car. To wash, throw them in your washer on cold. Let them hang dry.

[QUOTE=Brian Liang;1187881]There are also Tommy Kono Knee Sleeves.

I like Tommy Kono knees sleeves alot, really good to use when doing olympic lifts and squats.

However, I wouldn't use them for metacons, as your knee sweats like crazy just wearing them. So it kind of depends on what activity you are doing.[/QUOTE]

The problem I have seen with TK sleeves is that they rip pretty easily. I haven't see that issue as much with the Rehbands

Jeff Enge 08-22-2013 08:29 AM

[QUOTE]Yep - get the old blue ones. I've had mine a couple years -- they are great (and legal in USAPL/IPF if you ever want to powerlift).[/QUOTE]

Actually ordered a pair of the old-style ones a couple days ago, they are supposed to be delivered today. Don't think competitive powerlifting is in my future with my build and where I am strengthwise at least now, but I train with an Olympic lifting team and I may give competing at that a shot at some point.

[QUOTE]Let them air out after use - don't throw them into a closed gym bag or the trunk of your car. To wash, throw them in your washer on cold. Let them hang dry.[/QUOTE]

They will be hung up post-workout with my stinky long socks and wrist wraps!