CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-15-2012 06:06 PM

Re: Nik

Took Sat for a rest day.

today I did a home workout called...

''Black jack''

situps/pushups

do 1 situp 20pushups
2 situps 19pushups
3 situps 18pushups
ect.ect
20situps 1 pushup

time 23:20

hard workout. I challenge anyone to it. I forgot what I said I would never do this one again, now I remember.

First two round unbroken, then split it 2 sets on pushups till set 11 on down.

Scott, I cast you the ''stirry man''.

Scott Jenkins 01-16-2012 04:32 AM

I honestly would like to do that workout, push ups and sit ups are definately in my favourites list, have to see when I can fit it in Nik now the stirry man has struck in name.

You seen our 11 minute amrap for today, every time you complete those burpees you get swings, its like paying to be slapped in the face ;)

Nik Nichols 01-16-2012 07:44 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1023673]I honestly would like to do that workout, push ups and sit ups are definately in my favourites list, have to see when I can fit it in Nik now the stirry man has struck in name.

You seen our 11 minute amrap for today, every time you complete those burpees you get swings, its like paying to be slapped in the face ;)[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA that is funny about the workout. Yea, you are right about paying to be slapped!! I juar realized my 2pood is at home!!:ranting2: Dang it. I am driving Cathys car and the KB is in the truck!! Dang it, dang it, dang it!!

Ok so I will have to tape plates to the 1.5pood so I will be ok for the workout.

Nik Nichols 01-16-2012 08:06 AM

A.M. warmup

30 reps all
GHDs
back ext
abmatt situps with 25lbs overhead( I have a nice but rash from yesterdays black jack)
pushups 20/10(sholders a bit tired form black jack too)
OHSs with bar

10 overhand grip deadhangs.

rolled my back 2:00min

Scott Jenkins 01-16-2012 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1023706]HAHAHAHA that is funny about the workout. Yea, you are right about paying to be slapped!! I juar realized my 2pood is at home!!:ranting2: Dang it. I am driving Cathys car and the KB is in the truck!! Dang it, dang it, dang it!!

Ok so I will have to tape plates to the 1.5pood so I will be ok for the workout.[/QUOTE]

Yes at least if it was 5 rounds for time your getting the work done and out of the way, with the amrap of burpees and swings your just making more work by going faster, would not mind if it was enjoyable stuff like barbels or rings!!

Yes get that KB taped up. Worked something out about swings last week. They hurt you more when you stop :stirry man:

Nik Nichols 01-16-2012 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1023724]Yes at least if it was 5 rounds for time your getting the work done and out of the way, with the amrap of burpees and swings your just making more work by going faster, would not mind if it was enjoyable stuff like barbels or rings!!

Yes get that KB taped up. Worked something out about swings last week. They hurt you more when you stop :stirry man:[/QUOTE]

Stirry man taken. I agree 100% on stopping. If I can gut it out( which honestly most sets I can) it is better then setting it down and trying to will myself to pick it up. Gutting it out really is the easier of the too. So unbroken on the swings, I'm in.

Oh and thanks on the prompting me to take the 3 breaths and go again. I have been doing that again and woerking into that pain. It really is hard to keep that intensity up alone. Slacking sneaks in like a bandit and you do'nt see it happen.

Scott Jenkins 01-16-2012 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1023727]Stirry man taken. I agree 100% on stopping. If I can gut it out( which honestly most sets I can) it is better then setting it down and trying to will myself to pick it up. Gutting it out really is the easier of the too. So unbroken on the swings, I'm in.

Oh and thanks on the prompting me to take the 3 breaths and go again. I have been doing that again and woerking into that pain. It really is hard to keep that intensity up alone. Slacking sneaks in like a bandit and you do'nt see it happen.[/QUOTE]

Right I made a hellish deal with you there, unbroken swings and steady burpees it will be, steady non stop burpees hopefully.

Yeah I been sometimes slacking on WODs I dont like much, like todays were its all about fitness, I am much better on the ones with skilled (MU, HSPU) movements or heavy barbels and tend to get much more hyped up for them.

Nik Nichols 01-16-2012 09:50 AM

10:00 break

squats

warmup
115 x3
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
255lbs x1
285lbs x1

work
310lbs(140.6k) x2 x2 x2

I was pushing for better depth. Felt good, second rep first set, shakey, butt came up forst a bit. But the rest were solid. I was going to go for 3 reps on the last set but chickend out. Tough weight, confidence is suck a factor here.

Nik Nichols 01-16-2012 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1023736]Right I made a hellish deal with you there, unbroken swings and steady burpees it will be, steady non stop burpees hopefully.

Yeah I been sometimes slacking on WODs I dont like much, like todays were its all about fitness, I am much better on the ones with skilled (MU, HSPU) movements or heavy barbels and tend to get much more hyped up for them.[/QUOTE]

Your on, I just have to stay on the transitions, that is my failing point most times.

Nik Nichols 01-16-2012 12:48 PM

15 Kettlebell swings(32/16)
15 burpees

4 rounds 15KB swings 9 burpees, so freaking close to 5 rounds. Transition, coming off the burpees to the KB was really tough to pick it up. but coming off the KBs to the burpees was easy, you just had to fall down.

All KB unbroken, last round really hard to keep a hold on the KB

rest 3 minutes
AMRAP in 5 minutes of:
20 Wall-balls (9/6kg)
15 Pullups

3 rounds @ 5:05

wallball, first and second wallballs unbroken, last broke at 11. Pullups unbroken and easy.