CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 04-27-2010 11:46 AM

Re: Nik

Holy crap Nik! Way to power through that wod! Gives me hope...except the stupid burpees. :rofl:

Scott Jenkins 04-27-2010 12:03 PM

You got me on the burpee's Nik, I should of known I may need an extra one and glad to see your wall is free for HSPU's, never tried kipping them before and its like you learned it because you needed to.

Leon Robotham 04-27-2010 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;775314]For time:
30 Handstand push-ups
40 Pull-ups C2B
50 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 poods
60 Sit-ups
70 Burpees

time 24:24

HSPU's took 9min

I got to do them ''right'' today. I have a new wall where I can extend my legs straight up. Befor I had to bend my knees and put my feel flat on the wall on account of a beam in the way about 5foot up.

HSPU's on 2 35lbs bumper with abmatt in the center. I got 5 in a row then 3's then 2's then 1's here and there. I missed the 29th reps then got it, then ended on my head on 30 and told myself''You are not going to waist this rep, pulled my legs down and kipped my first HSPU ever.

30reps pullups on big bar, then got the last 10.

I wussed out on the KB and only got 30 and broke, I wanted to do it unbroken. Grip and shoulders got me, i need a real KB.

situups unbroken on abmatt.

Burpeed done in 8min, I got 31 reps and broke.[/QUOTE]

Nice work fella! I reckon the HSPU would have taken me 10 mins :rofl:

Nik Nichols 04-27-2010 01:35 PM

2. cln and jerk: 75% x 2+2 x 5 sets.

weight 170lbs

Nik Nichols 04-27-2010 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;775323]Atta way to get it done Nik!:highfive: sounds like u had a long battle with the hspus and burpees! How did you feel at the end? Were you really winded or just tired? Great work anyways man![/QUOTE]
Breathless all the way through once I was done with the HSPU's. But I was happy with them even as slow as it was. I wussed out on the KB though, I wanted to get all of them but burned out on 30.

Burppes were ok, I kind of let my mind drift and just kept going, I was kind of brain dead wile doing them. My legs didn't get to tight. That is what killed it last time.
[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;775326]Holy crap Nik! Way to power through that wod! Gives me hope...except the stupid burpees. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

You'll do fine. iI bet you beat my time if you get through the HSPU's in a good time.

Nik Nichols 04-27-2010 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;775339]You got me on the burpee's Nik, I should of known I may need an extra one and glad to see your wall is free for HSPU's, never tried kipping them before and its like you learned it because you needed to.[/QUOTE]

Yea, i saw the kip on the mainpage video once. I never tried it, but I was desperate to finish and i was at failier. So I tried it. i'll probably stick to regular ones, who knows if they will be allowed in comp. i don't want to develope a bad habbit.

I got you by one burpee, I hoped it would get someone.
[QUOTE=Leon Robotham;775355]Nice work fella! I reckon the HSPU would have taken me 10 mins :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Yea right, you struggle with HSPU?!?!

Jay Rhodes 04-27-2010 03:21 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;775439]Breathless all the way through once I was done with the HSPU's. But I was happy with them even as slow as it was. I wussed out on the KB though, I wanted to get all of them but burned out on 30.
[/QUOTE]
Better than me...I wussed out at 20. Then hit 15 and 15. Really happy with everything else though.
Breathless is right!! I found the DB swing and the burpees to be the worst by far. I think I could have hit the last 20 burpees faster and just gone to complete exhaustion where you finish the last one and just flop, but I wasn't sure where the closest garbage can was. :rhabdo:

Nik Nichols 04-27-2010 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;775445]Better than me...I wussed out at 20. Then hit 15 and 15. Really happy with everything else though.
Breathless is right!! I found the DB swing and the burpees to be the worst by far. I think I could have hit the last 20 burpees faster and just gone to complete exhaustion where you finish the last one and just flop, but I wasn't sure where the closest garbage can was. :rhabdo:[/QUOTE]

PSh you killed my time. I was glad for my small victorys.

Melissa Whittle 04-28-2010 07:55 AM

That WOD looks like it was calculated to make you hurl. Great job with it! I hate when burpees come at the end of a WOD like that, when you are already gassed and ready to finish.

Greg Privitera 04-28-2010 08:55 AM

Great Job Nik. Your consistency continues to impress me. Keep workin hard!