CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-31-2012 08:17 AM

Re: Nik

A.M. warm up
30 reps all
GHDs with the 10lbs
back ext with the 25lbs
abmatt situps with the 25lbs over head
pushups
OHSs with bar

pullups 10 reps overhand deadhang

rolled my back 2:00min.

Nik Nichols 01-31-2012 09:43 AM

10:00 break
calf stretch 3 mins left side 2:00min right
rolled glutes 2:00min a side
ham stretch with band 2:00min a side.

Nik Nichols 01-31-2012 12:35 PM

Hand-stand Progressions: spend 20 minutes working on this skill.
•handstand hold against wall, free standing- hand stand, HSPU, Banded HSPU, Free Standing HSPU, Ring HSPU

I did 12 min of free stand hand stands. I worked on being hollow and keeping myself solid.

AMRAP in 10 minutes:
•12 Shoulders-to-overhead(70kg)
•12 Overbar Burpees

3 rounds even
scale, I did the ground to overhead from a rack.

-rest 3 minutes-
3 rounds for time of:
•50 double-unders
•40 overhead -walking-lunges (20/10kg)

time 15:36
rough workout after all the shoulder work from befor.

Milton Brisson 01-31-2012 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1029006]Hand-stand Progressions: spend 20 minutes working on this skill.
•handstand hold against wall, free standing- hand stand, HSPU, Banded HSPU, Free Standing HSPU, Ring HSPU

I did 12 min of free stand hand stands. I worked on being hollow and keeping myself solid.

AMRAP in 10 minutes:
•12 Overbar Burpees

3 rounds even

-rest 3 minutes-
3 rounds for time of:
•50 double-unders

rough workout after all the shoulder work from befor.[/QUOTE]

That day looks pretty brutal! Presses and nburpees leading into OH lunges and skipping!

Great work Nik!

Nik Nichols 01-31-2012 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=Milton Brisson;1029058]That day looks pretty brutal! Presses and nburpees leading into OH lunges and skipping!

Great work Nik![/QUOTE]

Yea, it was hard on the shoulders allright.

Nik Nichols 01-31-2012 02:48 PM

3:00 break
deadstop reset deadlift

185lbs x3
235lbs x3
285lbs x3
330lbs(149.6k) x3
340lbs(154k) x3

time ran out on me so I stopped there. All easy reps really. No knee shake. I am guessing the squats I have been doing has strengthen my hams some.

no shoes, it my socks.

Scott Jenkins 02-01-2012 04:49 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1029006]Hand-stand Progressions: spend 20 minutes working on this skill.

AMRAP in 10 minutes:
•12 Overbar Burpees

3 rounds even

-rest 3 minutes-
3 rounds for time of:
•50 double-unders

rough workout after all the shoulder work from befor.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I walked in the gym, Rob said he had scaled down the WOD to 8 x shoulder to overhead rather than 12. I said to him that you would be doing the 12 reps !! he forgets that your following the programming. Nice work anyhow on the scale up, the first part made the double unders impossible to me for unknown reasons.

Nik Nichols 02-01-2012 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1029266]As soon as I walked in the gym, Rob said he had scaled down the WOD to 8 x shoulder to overhead rather than 12. I said to him that you would be doing the 12 reps !! he forgets that your following the programming. Nice work anyhow on the scale up, the first part made the double unders impossible to me for unknown reasons.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA thats funny. I needed the shoulder work anyway. Plus that is what I get for not coming into the gym.;) If I was there I'd have cought the change. I was glad to do it as it was.

The second work out was tough after all the shoulder work forsure.

I am taking a rest day today. I have'nt looked at the workout yet because I wanted to post a rest day befor I saw what the workout is.

I am feeling good mentally, but I am hurting. I need a good rolling stretchinmg session.

I may rig up my rings and hit MUs through out the day if my shoulders are good for it after yesterday.

I have some soreness that is getting a bit worse as the day go on. Left arm(elbow) is more sore then it has been. left heep sore. Ect ect. Maitenience day today.

Nik Nichols 02-01-2012 08:12 AM

A.M. warm up
20 reps all
GHDs
back ext
abmatt situps
pushups
squats

pullups
overhand dead hang 10
wide C2B deadhang 10

Scott Jenkins 02-01-2012 08:21 AM

Right, enjoy your rest and roll hydrate day Nik, I got some rest day viewing for you, you definately have a belly button to rings pull up so this should be easy for you.... There's 4 parts to this video, we only probably need the last 2 but I linked it from the start anyhow.. Soon we will need to get muscle ups without the false grip due to jumping to rings in competition or stringing more together so here's a video I watched today.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS6u_zTBWAA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS6u_zTBWAA[/URL]