CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 09:37 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861521]Your workout has its place also Nik, variety and change is the way to go. Im just going to try and hit running specific once a week.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I need it for sure.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 10:07 AM

Ok pre workout excuses. I have had bad alergys frm yesyerday. Stipped up head slight head ache, nose running. sneezing. I didn't take anything for it last night or today because I was afraid of the effect the meds would have on the workout.

I hope the alergies don't bother the workout,I will be going hard as I can. AND after I'm done, I'm taking meds for me head.

I just wanted to post it befor asd it would feel like an excuse aftwer the workout.

Nik Nichols 10-29-2010 11:30 AM

DU practice went bad. I hit 20reps and got a head ache from alergies/sinus pressure

HSPU max one set 11reps
I though my head ache would kill the HSPU's but it didn't
The last reps wqas real tough, it reall was a max effort. reps 9/10/11 wwere all rough, but I hit 9 and wasn't going to not get 10 then i pushed for 11 wicch I almost didn't get.

3x3 squats with 235lbs felt good
I paced the workout for fear of my alergies but as it went I seemd to clear up fine.

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
10 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Back extensions

12 rounds.

I hit 8 round in 13min. I paced it All sets unbroken. GHDs were the hard part.

Anthony Mattox 10-29-2010 08:05 PM

Just campared your 10/25/10 WOD and you were smoking me Nik. Great job! Starting with 175 and finishing w/165 - most excellent. I thought I could have gone a little heavier, but nothing close to this. I didn't even think about C2Bs. Pull-ups are another weak area of mine. Tony

Scott Jenkins 10-30-2010 01:38 AM

Great work Nik, thats 11 hspu's your on now, the race for 15 is on!! Also good work on the 20 min amrap with the sinuses playing up it must be hard.

Nik Nichols 10-30-2010 05:32 AM

[QUOTE=Anthony Mattox;861716]Just campared your 10/25/10 WOD and you were smoking me Nik. Great job! Starting with 175 and finishing w/165 - most excellent. I thought I could have gone a little heavier, but nothing close to this. I didn't even think about C2Bs. Pull-ups are another weak area of mine. Tony[/QUOTE]

Eh iI found out the hard way it is way harder to do heavy cleans in a time setting instean of a max. I'll check your log on it in a bit, it was a fun one though.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;861770]Great work Nik, thats 11 hspu's your on now, the race for 15 is on!! Also good work on the 20 min amrap with the sinuses playing up it must be hard.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the race is to 15 on the HSPUs.

I paced it to slow on the 20min. I never pace, but with the sinus and the GHD's I didn't want to burn out and have huge breaks or muscle fatigue, well I paced it to slow.

I was glad I didn't break anything, but I have to say the dreaded''I could have gone harder.'' Leavs a nasty tase in my mouth.

Camille Lore 10-30-2010 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;861542]Ok pre workout excuses. I have had bad alergys frm yesyerday. Stipped up head slight head ache, nose running. sneezing. I didn't take anything for it last night or today because I was afraid of the effect the meds would have on the workout.

I hope the alergies don't bother the workout,I will be going hard as I can. AND after I'm done, I'm taking meds for me head.

I just wanted to post it befor asd it would feel like an excuse aftwer the workout.[/QUOTE]

And here I thought you were using this as an excuse to NOT work out. Should have known otherwise! :bonk

Nik Nichols 10-30-2010 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=Camille Lore;861812]And here I thought you were using this as an excuse to NOT work out. Should have known otherwise! :bonk[/QUOTE]

You know me, can't miss a workout if at all possible.;)

Nik Nichols 10-30-2010 08:03 PM

155 pound Squat Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

time 14:02.

Not real happy with it but I'm not going to wine about it. Only real post is bad form, missed a few reps. Enede up on my toes on the clean in the squat for some reason whic I almost never do. But glad I got it done.

Scott Jenkins 10-31-2010 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;862009]155 pound Squat Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

time 14:02.

Not real happy with it but I'm not going to wine about it. Only real post is bad form, missed a few reps. Enede up on my toes on the clean in the squat for some reason whic I almost never do. But glad I got it done.[/QUOTE]

You got this done early Nik, you could almost call it: Bodyweight Squat Clean & Jerk x 30, good work mate, I could not complete this with 190lb no way.