CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 07:36 AM

Re: Nik

Oh man I didn't even realize it is 2 rounds today!!!

Scott Jenkins 08-10-2010 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;824787]Oh man I didn't even realize it is 2 rounds today!!![/QUOTE]

I wondered about that as when you said at least deadlifts are first I thought to myself, Oh yeah first in the first round then they follow everything else on round 2.... I forget you miss things sometimes.

Glad to see your doing it the sensible way, 48 deadlifts at 295lb would be crazy its almost double your BW for crazy reps.

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 08:31 AM

HAHA yea, i havent messed up in a wile.

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 08:32 AM

10:00 break

531 deadlift week 3
5 reps 230lbs
3 reps 260lbs
4 reps 290 lbs.

Felt pretty good, but I'm feeeling it from yesterday.

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 03:44 PM

Ok no Hero workout today. I Just didn't have time. Brady and I didn't have the weights to share and get buth our workouts done.

I ended up doing his strenth work out and a short metcon.

Squats
3 sets of 5 at 240lbs

I got my 531 presses in
week 3
5 reps at 100lbs
3 reps at 110lbs
2 reps ar 125lbs

Then 10 round for time
3 reps 200lbs deadlift
5 clapping pushups
50 m sprint(25m out and back)
time 7:53

I didn't get my 3:00 break, but at 5:45 I gi in my pullups

10 min 2 reps per min
45lbs weighted deadhang pullups.

Tomorrow I rest.

Scott Jenkins 08-11-2010 02:57 AM

Looks like you got a lot of decent work done yesterday Nik, you are deserving of your rest day today. Myself I need to get on with some 531 programming, still not deadlifts though.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 06:34 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;825316]Looks like you got a lot of decent work done yesterday Nik, you are deserving of your rest day today. Myself I need to get on with some 531 programming, still not deadlifts though.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt deadlift if I was you Scott. No need to push it at all. Besides next week is do load week. Or are you a week behind? So you can setll get your work in and not conflict with next week.

I was kind of bummed about yesterday. By the time Brady(and I, I jumped in on his squats to just do it) got done with squats we had less then 20 min time left and I still needed to press.

I'm pretty sore. I'll be glad to work my trigger points today, I havent had much time to do it. We have been real busy here lately, and I have missed some breaks.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 06:51 AM

A.M. warm up
20 reps GHD's
20 rep back ext 40 lvs
20 abmatt situps 45lbs plate over head
30 OHS's with bar only.

Scott Jenkins 08-11-2010 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;825415]I wouldnt deadlift if I was you Scott. No need to push it at all. Besides next week is do load week. Or are you a week behind? So you can setll get your work in and not conflict with next week.

I was kind of bummed about yesterday. By the time Brady(and I, I jumped in on his squats to just do it) got done with squats we had less then 20 min time left and I still needed to press.

I'm pretty sore. I'll be glad to work my trigger points today, I havent had much time to do it. We have been real busy here lately, and I have missed some breaks.[/QUOTE]

Those trigger points are real hard to work away, I got a tennis ball on them today, feels like 4 rock solid bands running across each glute and I am trying to find the most painful point and push on it hard.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;825452]Those trigger points are real hard to work away, I got a tennis ball on them today, feels like 4 rock solid bands running across each glute and I am trying to find the most painful point and push on it hard.[/QUOTE]

Mna I know it, it almost brings tears if you stay on it long enough. i have to time myself to make me stay on the ball, or I would stop. I tell myself. ''ok, atleasy 2 min solid , go'' and I watch the timer. But I feel so much better after, it is worth it.

Also I'm rolling on a base ball, alot harder then a tennis ball. It has gotten to the point that I dont feel the foam roller on my glutes at all. It is to soft.