CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-09-2010 03:49 PM

Re: Nik

I was so mad I did it again.
"SQT"

Three rounds for time of:
95 pound Ground to overhead, 10 reps
200 yard Shuttle sprint, 50 yards there and back twice

ran out side, the same as last time.

Time 5:54

30seconds faster. I don't know why I dont know how. But I was faster.

Laurie Smith 08-09-2010 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;824462]I was so mad I did it again.
"SQT"

30seconds faster. I don't know why I dont know how. But I was faster.[/QUOTE]

You are officially [B]WORSE [/B]then me!! :rofl:

Although I did do Griff twice before because I wasn't happy with my first time.

Nik Nichols 08-09-2010 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;824325]Great job nik! Atta way to keep going through it without breaks! How did the calf hold up?[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, I wasn't happy with the time, but I was with the effort. My calf is good even after doing it again, so I'm on the mend. I'll still be working my calf and glutes down though.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;824358]Nice work Nik, glad you didnt get stuck staring at that bar and sounds like your calf held up well with the running, hard work after that leg basher yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scott, It really was a leg killer. I'm spent.
[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;824479]You are officially [B]WORSE [/B]then me!! :rofl:

Although I did do Griff twice before because I wasn't happy with my first time.[/QUOTE]

I know I know. I just couldnt stand it. I had to try to do better , I needed to.

Scott Jenkins 08-10-2010 03:00 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;824462]I was so mad I did it again.
"SQT"

30seconds faster. I don't know why I dont know how. But I was faster.[/QUOTE]

BRILLIANT work Nik, hitting a WOD a second time in the 2nd day is very strong minded of you and improving it 2nd time around too. :highfive:

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 05:53 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;824669]BRILLIANT work Nik, hitting a WOD a second time in the 2nd day is very strong minded of you and improving it 2nd time around too. :highfive:[/QUOTE]

I tell you I was just frustrated with my lagging times lately. I don't know what is up lately. But I'm getting an idea.

I just needed to try again to prove , or just see if I could push harder. You and Ernie are really fast. I think in yesterday it was the running. I pushed hard on the run, I kind of ignored my calf and just chanced it. It held up fine. I'm really sore today. My legs front and back feel hot and sore.

What do you think about todays? How are you going to do the deadlift? I will most likely have to change weights on the bar. Brady will be useing one so I'll have to change weights for the bench and cleans.

The deads will be the thing for me. 24reps at 295 is way up there for me. I'm glad it is first.

Scott Jenkins 08-10-2010 05:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;824718]I tell you I was just frustrated with my lagging times lately. I don't know what is up lately. But I'm getting an idea.

I just needed to try again to prove , or just see if I could push harder. You and Ernie are really fast. I think in yesterday it was the running. I pushed hard on the run, I kind of ignored my calf and just chanced it. It held up fine. I'm really sore today. My legs front and back feel hot and sore.

What do you think about todays? How are you going to do the deadlift? I will most likely have to change weights on the bar. Brady will be useing one so I'll have to change weights for the bench and cleans.

The deads will be the thing for me. 24reps at 295 is way up there for me. I'm glad it is first.[/QUOTE]

You done great coming back and doing that WOD a second time, just shows if you had approached it with the same drive first time around you would of been down around 5 minutes. Your legs are going to be sore as you still did all the work x 2.

Today after reading the WOD there is no way I can even attempt to do it at the globo, it would be like spinning plates while trying to do a workout at the same time with all the people asking me what I am using and when so I will be programming myself, probably some 5-3-1 and a metcon with my weaknesses.

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 06:09 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;824724]You done great coming back and doing that WOD a second time, just shows if you had approached it with the same drive first time around you would of been down around 5 minutes. Your legs are going to be sore as you still did all the work x 2.

Today after reading the WOD there is no way I can even attempt to do it at the globo, it would be like spinning plates while trying to do a workout at the same time with all the people asking me what I am using and when so I will be programming myself, probably some 5-3-1 and a metcon with my weaknesses.[/QUOTE]

True it would be a feat to just do it at the globo regardless of time. Tzhe deads are the thing. At the weight it will take me sets of 2 or 3 all the way through , which will take me a wile to get through. I was thinking I have only 3 rep That weight. So what I'm saying is I'd do 3x3 on it with lots of break time. It hass only beem hax effort strenth work. So for me to do it I'd have to go at it like that till I got it done.

Or I give mtself a time limit to get as many reps as I can ...OR I scale the weight. OR I di my 531 deadlift for the deadlift part and then do the rest as is. I think I like the last one. What do you think?

Scott Jenkins 08-10-2010 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;824734]True it would be a feat to just do it at the globo regardless of time. Tzhe deads are the thing. At the weight it will take me sets of 2 or 3 all the way through , which will take me a wile to get through. I was thinking I have only 3 rep That weight. So what I'm saying is I'd do 3x3 on it with lots of break time. It hass only beem hax effort strenth work. So for me to do it I'd have to go at it like that till I got it done.

Or I give mtself a time limit to get as many reps as I can ...OR I scale the weight. OR I di my 531 deadlift for the deadlift part and then do the rest as is. I think I like the last one. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

It would be stupid for you to do this workout as RXD, I would be afraid of the deadlifts if I was doing it.

You should go for options 2 or 3. Lowering the deadlift weight would be good but even better would be getting your 5-3-1 deadlifts done then afterwards hitting the WOD without the deadlifting as then your building towards hitting the workout rxd next time around. Hope that makes sense.

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 06:35 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;824745]It would be stupid for you to do this workout as RXD, I would be afraid of the deadlifts if I was doing it.

You should go for options 2 or 3. Lowering the deadlift weight would be good but even better would be getting your 5-3-1 deadlifts done then afterwards hitting the WOD without the deadlifting as then your building towards hitting the workout rxd next time around. Hope that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Yes, It makes perfect sence. It conferm my own thoughts. Because if I do anything else then the 531 I can't deadlift at least for a couple of days. And If i went at 295 x 24reps I don't think I could deadlift this week at all.

I'll do it like that then to be sure of the strenth training. We knew we were going to have to change workouts arround for it, today is the day.

Nik Nichols 08-10-2010 06:55 AM

AM warm up
30 reps each
40reps GHD's(felt really good today, I pushed as hard as I could through the last 30 reps)
back ext 40lbs
abmatt situps 25lbs overhead
Camille pushups 20/10 reps
squats /air
C2B 3sets 10.