CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Ernie Guevara 06-17-2011 07:05 AM

Re: Nik

That's good work there nik!!! I was just getting on hour log to ask what you were going to shoot for today lol. Do you like working out better in the morning or afternoon?

Scott Jenkins 06-17-2011 07:07 AM

yeah thats strong work Nichols, what is your pr for C&J?

Nik Nichols 06-17-2011 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;949687]That's good work there nik!!! I was just getting on hour log to ask what you were going to shoot for today lol. Do you like working out better in the morning or afternoon?[/QUOTE]
Honestly I do better in the after noon. But I knew this was going to take some time and I didn't know if Brady was going to workout or if we'd be in eachothers way. Plus it was just me, no distractions. So I could really focus on the lift. But I wasnt as warm as I could have been or as hydrated. So it has its plusses and negitives.

Oh and I wanted to beat the humidity.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;949689]yeah thats strong work Nichols, what is your pr for C&J?[/QUOTE]

I think it is 215 or 220, I know I have gotten 215, I thin I got 220 but couldn sware to it. That pr was when I was always oly lifting as all my extras. I haven't kept up with it ansd I wasn't real comfortable when it got heavy. I need to add it, but I'm really liking the squats I'm doing, it seems to be helping all my workouts lately.

Nik Nichols 06-17-2011 08:29 AM

10:00 break

Close grip bench
3sets 5 reps
200lbs

That is what Brady was doing so I jumped in for it. I was going to finish my ''warm up'' situps pullups dips ect. I'll do it at lunch.

Nik Nichols 06-17-2011 11:13 AM

Back squats
all sets of 3 reps
145lbs
165lbs
195lbs
235lbs
255lbs
285lbs
315lbs x2 which is my current 1 rep max.

This was just for fun. I didn't really have a plan, I had hoped to hit 300lb, but it was just by feel.

Nik Nichols 06-17-2011 01:40 PM

3:00 break

rolling
2 min left collar bone( just under it really)
4 min rolling lower and upper back
2 min each side rolling first rib and behind shoulder blades
2min each side glutes

Nik Nichols 06-17-2011 06:09 PM

Dang it why do they put the big workouts on Sat. I can no way do badger with Martin there. I will have to pull an Ernie and do something on my own at home. DANG IT, Dang it! I hate this.

Scott Jenkins 06-18-2011 04:54 AM

No worries Nik, Im also doing sort of my own thing, trying out the very local affiliate today and after all last nights squatting my knees dont fancy another 90 squat cleans anyhow.

By the way congrats on the back squat pr, thats beat my double earlier in the week of 308lb.

Nik Nichols 06-18-2011 05:18 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;950051]No worries Nik, Im also doing sort of my own thing, trying out the very local affiliate today and after all last nights squatting my knees dont fancy another 90 squat cleans anyhow.

By the way congrats on the back squat pr, thats beat my double earlier in the week of 308lb.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good words. I was mad about it, I kind of knew it yesterday when it was a 1 rep max, I knew it would be a metcon which is fine, but another long one with Martin and it is really hot already today.

I think I heard about the new gym you are going to on another log, I hope its a good one being so close and all. I'll check your log and see how last night went.

Nik Nichols 06-18-2011 01:00 PM

30 muscle ups for time wrist turn out

14:00 even again.

I totre my wrist and I did this outside in the wind, Martin was there doing his workout climbing up and down the ladder.

Scott Jenkins 06-20-2011 01:02 PM

Guess we've all been busy boys today, no hiding from the wall ball doubles Nik , its your goat plus some.

Brady Herrin 06-20-2011 01:04 PM

Nik's out sick today. Convenient, huh?

Scott Jenkins 06-21-2011 02:40 AM

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;950787]Nik's out sick today. Convenient, huh?[/QUOTE]

You sure he did not just knock himself out with a Wall Ball?!

Ernie Guevara 06-21-2011 08:34 AM

Hope you feel better soon bud!

Nik Nichols 06-21-2011 11:22 AM

Thanks guys, I got a bit sick in the heat over the weekend. I was able to do todays though. I got a bit dizzy and my heat was pounding but I got through it ok.

Nik Nichols 06-21-2011 11:24 AM

"Nate"

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
2 Muscle-ups
4 Handstand Push-ups
8 2-Pood Kettlebell swings

7rounds 2 MU 1 HSPU.

HSPUs were the problem. Broke from the bebining, misse a few reps hit fatigue on them. The first round unbroken, then it was 2/1/1,. some sets were singles and misses. Ity showes I havent woerked on them in a wile.

MUs and swings unbroken.

Scott Jenkins 06-21-2011 02:02 PM

Good to see you back in training and on the logs Nik and cracking effort after being unwell. Have you tried the hspu's with your hands slightly wider as thats the standard from the regionals, two plates with an abmat inbetween, at the regional the abmat even came up slightly higher than the plates.

Nik Nichols 06-21-2011 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;951324]Good to see you back in training and on the logs Nik and cracking effort after being unwell. Have you tried the hspu's with your hands slightly wider as thats the standard from the regionals, two plates with an abmat inbetween, at the regional the abmat even came up slightly higher than the plates.[/QUOTE]

I may set it up and give it a go with my hands on the plates and with the abmatt. My hands today were the old standard. I will have to play with t5he new standard and see where it works best.

Good to be back on the workout. I have been sucking lately and thes sickness on sunday sucked. I have got to get focused and stop missing.

Scott Jenkins 06-22-2011 02:24 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;951374]I may set it up and give it a go with my hands on the plates and with the abmatt. My hands today were the old standard. I will have to play with t5he new standard and see where it works best.

Good to be back on the workout. I have been sucking lately and thes sickness on sunday sucked. I have got to get focused and stop missing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I want you back on full tilt by the time my holiday is over, you have not missed that much though, nowhere near as much as Ernie has missed :D

Ernie Guevara 06-22-2011 04:28 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;951564]Yeah I want you back on full tilt by the time my holiday is over, you have not missed that much though, nowhere near as much as Ernie has missed :D[/QUOTE]

Lol I only missed like 2 cycles!!! No worries nik, just make sure you get completely well so u can go back to crushing wods without any obstacles. I'll do my best to keep him on his toes while you're away on holiday mate!!

Scott Jenkins 06-22-2011 05:51 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;951581]Lol I only missed like 2 cycles!!! No worries nik, just make sure you get completely well so u can go back to crushing wods without any obstacles. I'll do my best to keep him on his toes while you're away on holiday mate!![/QUOTE]

Two cycles is still 7 days Ernie, quite a lot of missing work to me, I got an enforced two weeks of missing coming up also, but I promise I will be doing something every day while on holiday, going to find somewhere good for hspu's, handwalking practice and a couple of visits to the hotel gym will not hurt, besides got to freak everyone out with some CF stuff while there.

Nik Nichols 06-22-2011 06:26 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;951564]Yeah I want you back on full tilt by the time my holiday is over, you have not missed that much though, nowhere near as much as Ernie has missed :D[/QUOTE]
Yea, I will and am working on it. I am still working my diet, and if I am eating enough I will have really cleand it up other then dairy(milk only)so I am looking forward to seeing more results in that area.

Still I need to get focused, I have missed the mainpage the last 2 or 3 weekends, mostly because they are long hero workouts that I couldn't get done with Martin, or I wouldn't do because of making martin deal with the heat for a long workout. I really don't think he would endure a 45min or longer workout.

In saying that, I feel that I'm useing it as a cop out, I sould have tried to get some of them done.

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;951581]Lol I only missed like 2 cycles!!! No worries nik, just make sure you get completely well so u can go back to crushing wods without any obstacles. I'll do my best to keep him on his toes while you're away on holiday mate!![/QUOTE]
2 cycles? Well it must feel like you are starting over!! Welcome newbe!! Just kidding Ernie!
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;951595]Two cycles is still 7 days Ernie, quite a lot of missing work to me, I got an enforced two weeks of missing coming up also, but I promise I will be doing something every day while on holiday, going to find somewhere good for hspu's, handwalking practice and a couple of visits to the hotel gym will not hurt, besides got to freak everyone out with some CF stuff while there.[/QUOTE]

Scott you have an excuse, a real one, you will be in turkey, Not like me. Besides the break will cause you to be real hungry after the holiday is over.

Scott Jenkins 06-22-2011 06:29 AM

Its not a cop out when your looking after Martin, although you can always hit the long hero's as rest days during the week, there has been a few hard nasty ones lately also. Doubling up this week Nik, so everything gets smashed before I leave on Saturday morning, last day at work also today. :D

Nik Nichols 06-22-2011 06:33 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;951607]Its not a cop out when your looking after Martin, although you can always hit the long hero's as rest days during the week, there has been a few hard nasty ones lately also. Doubling up this week Nik, so everything gets smashed before I leave on Saturday morning, last day at work also today. :D[/QUOTE]

I was going to do that tomorrow, make up the 2for 1 wallball and Du, real goat workout, but looks like Brady and I are going to the free workout at crossfit rockwall tomorrow night.

Nik Nichols 06-22-2011 07:00 AM

A.M. warmup
30 reps all
GHDs
back ext
abmatt situps with 25lbs over head
pushups 21/9 (shoulders tired)
deadhang pullups 10/10/10
OHSs with bar

Nik Nichols 06-22-2011 11:21 AM

Wednesday 110622
Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 reps

1. 305lbs
2. 315lbs
3. 320lbs
4. 325lbs(147.4k) x2

Stopped there, I felt a pain in my back on the second pull and called it. I feel fine now and I will roll at 3:00 to be sure. I think the KB from yesterday has my back tired. Happy with it as it is, I haven't done any deads in atleast a month.

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 reps

1.305lbs
2.305lbs
3.305lbs
4.305lbs
5.315lbs(142.8K)

Good day! I probably could have gone a bit heavier. My back held fine.
last time
Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 reps
1.245lbs
2.265lbs
3.285lbs PR
4.285lbs PR
5.295lbs PR

last Last time090104
Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 reps

1. 185lbs
2. 205lbs
3. 225lbs
4. 245lbs
5. 275lbs

Scott Jenkins 06-22-2011 01:01 PM

Sensible to stop there Nik, I stopped around that weight also, not because of pain but I could see it coming if I went on, just glad to be back deadlifting now so we should just build up slow.

Nik Nichols 06-22-2011 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;951823]Sensible to stop there Nik, I stopped around that weight also, not because of pain but I could see it coming if I went on, just glad to be back deadlifting now so we should just build up slow.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I feel fine now, I think I stoped just right on this one.

Nik Nichols 06-22-2011 01:36 PM

3:00 break

on the min dead hang chinups
3 reps per min at 61lbs

last two min were 2/1 reps, couldn't get the third done in a row.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2011 05:50 AM

Well my back is pretty sore after yesterday, I hope my warm up and water helps it out. I iced it last night and this morning on the drive in( at least 20 min this morning) We will see how it works out.

I'm kind of bummed with it. It has been a wile for me to hurt my back.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2011 06:14 AM

A.M. warm up

30 reps all
gds
back ext
abmatt situps with 25lbs plate
OHSs with bar

5 min rolling lower back on the two balls.

I'm, thinking of taking ibuprofin, I haven't decided yet.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2011 10:35 AM

Close grip bench
3sets 5 reps
205lbs ( on the last set, 4 reps and a spot from Brady on the last rep. )

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;949750]10:00 break
Close grip bench
3sets 5 reps
200lbs

That is what Brady was doing so I jumped in for it. I was going to finish my ''warm up'' situps pullups dips ect. I'll do it at lunch.[/QUOTE]

Scott Jenkins 06-23-2011 10:52 AM

Nice benching Nik. Sorry to read the backs playing up again, I bet you it gets better quickly we both seem to bounce back from these annoying niggles pretty quickly.

Nik Nichols 06-23-2011 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;952267]Nice benching Nik. Sorry to read the backs playing up again, I bet you it gets better quickly we both seem to bounce back from these annoying niggles pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I think it isn't real bad, I just have to be carefull with it for a day or two like yourself and the wierd rib thing.

Jesse Emers 06-23-2011 07:40 PM

Sorry to hear about the back Nik. I'm sure it will be better soon if you treat it right. Don't feel bad about missing workouts, won't be nearly as many as I have been missing! I know how it feels.

Nik Nichols 06-24-2011 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;952459]Sorry to hear about the back Nik. I'm sure it will be better soon if you treat it right. Don't feel bad about missing workouts, won't be nearly as many as I have been missing! I know how it feels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jesse. It happens, I just have to be careful, scale and skip if I have to till I
I'm right again.

Nik Nichols 06-24-2011 06:57 AM

06/23/11

I went to CroddFit Rockwall for the free workout

15 Min AMRAP in teams of 2

10 HSPUs
20 KB swin 1.5pood
30 situps

So each person did half.

We got 8 rounds and I got 2 HSPUs at the last few second.
All my HSPUs (5reps) unbroken. Scott you were right about moving mu hands out.

Nik Nichols 06-24-2011 07:24 AM

Any sugestions on power cleans or squat cleas? I know it says cleans which I think of squat. I will probably do power though. If My back stands for it.

Scott Jenkins 06-24-2011 07:50 AM

Glad the tip helped Nik, it allows you to get inside your hands better on the hspu and slightly lessens the ROM, haha. Im going with power cleans for the workout tonight as its a Grace x 30 format.

Nik Nichols 06-24-2011 08:20 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;952627]Glad the tip helped Nik, it allows you to get inside your hands better on the hspu and slightly lessens the ROM, haha. Im going with power cleans for the workout tonight as its a Grace x 30 format.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same on the workout today. But I can see myself doing it because it is the easire of the two also. I just needed some back up on it.

Yea, I was supeised on the HSPUs, I played with it a few times and then I'd just kick up and go, it was really great, I was worried about them becasue the other day I was dieing on them.

You leave for Turkey tonight?