CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 10-04-2010 03:26 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;851315]HAHAHA, reall, I was a little breathy at 15, but got it unbroken. I had my hands on my knees and told brady, ''well, that beats Scott.'' He said, ''yea, Now you have to beat you!''[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Yeah 'YOU' is definately harder to beat than Scott at the pull up ladder, Brady was on point there mate, kept you focussed.

I hope to be able to do main page tomorrow, feeling better, how's your back feeling after a day of rest. That hollow rock is hell!!

Nik Nichols 10-04-2010 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;851350]:rofl: Yeah 'YOU' is definately harder to beat than Scott at the pull up ladder, Brady was on point there mate, kept you focussed.

I hope to be able to do main page tomorrow, feeling better, how's your back feeling after a day of rest. That hollow rock is hell!![/QUOTE]

My back seems better, just a bit of nagging from it. I think it is from work though. I do alot of lifting equipment. I think it is just tire and some leftover from the weekend.

I looked for the hollow rock mobility workout and havent found it yet. I'll look again and see if I can find it.

I hope to be on the mainpage also. It sucks I missed todays, it looked good. Alot of volum squat, but not heavy.

Nik Nichols 10-05-2010 06:35 AM

AM warm up.
20 reps all
GHD's
back ext no weight.
abmatt situps 25lbs
OHSs with bar
pushups

then todays mobility work.
the hip MOB. 6 min total

then 2 min each rolling front of shoulders from yesterdays pullups.

Nik Nichols 10-05-2010 11:12 AM

10:00 break

HSPUs
3 sets

3 reps
7 reps
6 reps

Nik Nichols 10-05-2010 11:14 AM

Resting 60 seconds between sets:
Bench press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
1. 215lbs
2. 215lbs
3. 215lbs
4. 215lbs
5. 215lbs
6. 215lbs
7. 215lbs
8. 215lbs
9. 220lbs
10. 220lbs

went for a run after not timed and not mesured yet.

Nik Nichols 10-05-2010 01:31 PM

3:00 break

3 pos snatch: high hang, mid thigh, floor. work 6-8 sets including warm ups. go up to a medium weight....use good form.

weight 75lbs 8 sets.

I am pretty tired, that is all the weight I wanted, besides I wanted good form and I havent oly lifted in a wile. it got better as I went.

Thanks Ernie, you got me thinking about it.

Scott Jenkins 10-06-2010 02:51 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;851688]Resting 60 seconds between sets:
Bench press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
1. 215lbs
2. 215lbs
3. 215lbs
4. 215lbs
5. 215lbs
6. 215lbs
7. 215lbs
8. 215lbs
9. 220lbs
10. 220lbs

went for a run after not timed and not mesured yet.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you could of gone heavier with your strongest two sets at the end there , I found myself feeling fresh at the end of that also. Plenty of extras today. Oh yes you can find the hollow rock on mobility WOD, think it was Friday he gave a little demo of it.

Nik Nichols 10-06-2010 06:15 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;852002]Looks like you could of gone heavier with your strongest two sets at the end there , I found myself feeling fresh at the end of that also. Plenty of extras today. Oh yes you can find the hollow rock on mobility WOD, think it was Friday he gave a little demo of it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, really I was a little sore from the pullup ladder. It all felt really heavy.

I found the hollow rock workout and did it at home watching TV and didn't post it. It got pretty sore at the end of the 10 sets. I think I have a shot at the 3 min hollow rock if the 10on10off is any indication.

I'm off to check my internal rotation and ''buddy'' strech by myself.

Scott Jenkins 10-06-2010 06:42 AM

That's impressive that you might be able to get the 3 mins hollow rock, I am still at the stage where I am practising keeping my lower back touching the floor and keeping the rocking motion fluid.

Nik Nichols 10-06-2010 06:45 AM

am warm up
20 GHDs
20 back ext no weight
30 abmatt situps 25lbs

Solo or with a friend: Straight let hip extension (hammies)
Split hip extension
Floor Internal Rotation
2 min each leg/position-- 3 min on the Floor IR

2min each hip ext
1:30 each, straight leg(pully style)
2min each,internal rotation on base ball like the mainpage.

Why dose these exercizes make me want to throw up my breakfast?!?!?!

Nik Nichols 10-06-2010 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;852062]That's impressive that you might be able to get the 3 mins hollow rock, I am still at the stage where I am practising keeping my lower back touching the floor and keeping the rocking motion fluid.[/QUOTE]

Yea, in saying that, I'm not 100% surwe on form. How ''bowl'' like am I suplse to be? I was rocking pretty far to. up to the top of my butt and up to my shoulders. Also I had my hands infron of me holding the timer. So I may be way off the mark, but I could go like that for a wile. My core didn't get sore tinn after the half way mark.

Scott Jenkins 10-06-2010 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;852066]Yea, in saying that, I'm not 100% surwe on form. How ''bowl'' like am I suplse to be? I was rocking pretty far to. up to the top of my butt and up to my shoulders. Also I had my hands infron of me holding the timer. So I may be way off the mark, but I could go like that for a wile. My core didn't get sore tinn after the half way mark.[/QUOTE]

One thing I worked out is that you had your hands in front of you which is not allowed , you need your arms over your head to complete the bowl, other than that you sound like you was rocking at least as much as needed, I still have a bit of a gap between lower back and floor after 10-20 seconds.

Nik Nichols 10-06-2010 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;852081]One thing I worked out is that you had your hands in front of you which is not allowed , you need your arms over your head to complete the bowl, other than that you sound like you was rocking at least as much as needed, I still have a bit of a gap between lower back and floor after 10-20 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I knew my arms were supose to be overhead, but I couldn't see the timer to get the workout done so I ''cheated'' it.

Nik Nichols 10-06-2010 08:51 AM

More streching and rolling.

Nik Nichols 10-06-2010 11:01 AM

Lunch
3x3 squat with 215lbs.
I just wanted to get the bar on my back for some easy work.

Then rolled my lats a bit. I'm really really sore from the pullup ladder.

Nik Nichols 10-06-2010 01:24 PM

2reps every min on min weighted pullups with 25lbs

Trying to ease the soreness in bys and lats.

Nik Nichols 10-07-2010 06:07 AM

21-15 and 9 rep rounds of:
Left-arm Kettlebell snatch, 1.5 pood
Right-arm Kettlebell snatch, 1.5 pood
Pull-ups

1pood scale (only KB and trying to tape weights to it for snach would have been imposible)

C2B pullups

time 7:03

Oh man that is a lung burner, it was worst then fran for me.

KB snaches un broken.

Pullups broke twice on 21, once on 15, 9 all the way through.

I think the snaches kill the pullups. That and I am still sore from the pullup ladder. But I don't think it was that, I think it was the snaches.

I was a breathing mess after the workout. I really though I was going to throw up. I'm glad I didn't eat befor hand.

Whatch the pullups guys.

Ernie Guevara 10-07-2010 06:20 AM

Awesome time Nik especially with c2b!!! Mighty fast work. When I saw this wod posted I automatically said "oh their goes the grip and the lungs lol". I know those kb snatches work the grip good.

I don't know why but this wod is confusing me a bit. Just so that I'm clear on it we are suppose to do:
21 left arm snatches,21 righ arm snatches, 21 pullups
15 left, 15 right, 15 pullups
9 left, 9 right, 9 pullups

Correct?

QUOTE=Nik Nichols;852526]21-15 and 9 rep rounds of:
Left-arm Kettlebell snatch, 1.5 pood
Right-arm Kettlebell snatch, 1.5 pood
Pull-ups

1pood scale (only KB and trying to tape weights to it for snach would have been imposible)

C2B pullups

time 7:03

Oh man that is a lung burner, it was worst then fran for me.

KB snaches un broken.

Pullups broke twice on 21, once on 15, 9 all the way through.

I think the snaches kill the pullups. That and I am still sore from the pullup ladder. But I don't think it was that, I think it was the snaches.

I was a breathing mess after the workout. I really though I was going to throw up. I'm glad I didn't eat befor hand.

Whatch the pullups guys.[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 10-07-2010 06:35 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;852530]Awesome time Nik especially with c2b!!! Mighty fast work. When I saw this wod posted I automatically said "oh their goes the grip and the lungs lol". I know those kb snatches work the grip good.

I don't know why but this wod is confusing me a bit. Just so that I'm clear on it we are suppose to do:
21 left arm snatches,21 righ arm snatches, 21 pullups
15 left, 15 right, 15 pullups
9 left, 9 right, 9 pullups

Correct?

Thanks Bud, I was tired coming into work this morning and saw the workout and thought''I have time for this, I can really get this one going.''So the workout got my mood going. I was really happy to hit this as hard as I could this morning.

You are right on the workout. It is 21,21,21/ 15,15,15/9,9,9

You are not splitting up the KB swings it is all reps each arm.

I did beat my fore arms a few reps when I got tired though.

Scott Jenkins 10-07-2010 06:46 AM

Looks like a quick time Nik, and it sounds nasty, I reckon using the 1 pood definately upped the intensity for you as you were able to go unbroken all the way on the snatches. I guessed pull ups would be nasty on this one.

Nik Nichols 10-07-2010 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;852542]Looks like a quick time Nik, and it sounds nasty, I reckon using the 1 pood definately upped the intensity for you as you were able to go unbroken all the way on the snatches. I guessed pull ups would be nasty on this one.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the pullups were rough. But with a drop couple of breaths and shaking the arms it was up for more. You guys will kill it today. Go hard as you can(like I have to tell you that!)

Nik Nichols 10-07-2010 08:29 AM

8 MUs. I ran out of steam after 8 reps. My pullers are tired.

Nik Nichols 10-07-2010 01:28 PM

3 pos clean + jerk: high hang, mid thigh, floor. work 6-8 sets including warm ups. go up to a medium weight....use good form perform only 1 jerk on the last set.

Weight 115lbs. Form work. To tired from this morning to go heavier.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 06:25 AM

Front squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

1.235lbs
2.235lbs
3.235lbs
4.235lbs
5.240lbs
6.240lbs
7.245lbs

last time and old PR
1.225lbs
2. 235lbs
3. 235
4. 235
5. 235
6. 235
7. 235

It felt really good today. I was ready. I had my head on and ''mad'' at the bar. No doublt or fear, just go. It was really a great lift, I needed it.

I was up with a sore tooth last night and though it would cause me to be tired, but hitting it first thing this morning was good. I didn't have my morning work to ware me down and then try to hit it at lunch. Scott you better be ready today, that is close to the volume you put out last time, I will have to add it up.

Ernie, this is in your wheel house I believe, so no challenge to you, just try not to show me up to bad!;)

Scott Jenkins 10-08-2010 06:33 AM

Great work there Nik, glad you felt good about that one and a big jump on the PR. I will hopefully give it a go tomorrow, class tonight and I am finding it hard to walk properly right now from all the air squats in Jason. They dont usually get me this bad so I reckon I must of been going extra deep or something.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853016]Great work there Nik, glad you felt good about that one and a big jump on the PR. I will hopefully give it a go tomorrow, class tonight and I am finding it hard to walk properly right now from all the air squats in Jason. They dont usually get me this bad so I reckon I must of been going extra deep or something.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. It is funny how if you get your head on straight and focus you can reall go.

I forgot it is class tonight for you. Always fun. I hope it is a good one. Have you ever been dissapointed from a class workout?

Ernie Guevara 10-08-2010 06:47 AM

Great pr their nik!!! 10lbs more than last time is awesome! I'm jealous of the early wods too lol. I gotta try and beat 255lb as that's my pr but I haven't front squatted in a Long time so who knows. I'm still a couple of wods behind as I did the backsquat/towel pullup wod last night. I'll be doing shoulder press today since i can't bench. I hope to be fully caught with you guys this weekend.

Congrats once again on the pr bud!:pepper:

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853009]Front squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

1.235lbs
2.235lbs
3.235lbs
4.235lbs
5.240lbs
6.240lbs
7.245lbs

last time and old PR
1.225lbs
2. 235lbs
3. 235
4. 235
5. 235
6. 235
7. 235

It felt really good today. I was ready. I had my head on and ''mad'' at the bar. No doublt or fear, just go. It was really a great lift, I needed it.

I was up with a sore tooth last night and though it would cause me to be tired, but hitting it first thing this morning was good. I didn't have my morning work to ware me down and then try to hit it at lunch. Scott you better be ready today, that is close to the volume you put out last time, I will have to add it up.

Ernie, this is in your wheel house I believe, so no challenge to you, just try not to show me up to bad!;)[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;853023]Great pr their nik!!! 10lbs more than last time is awesome! I'm jealous of the early wods too lol. I gotta try and beat 255lb as that's my pr but I haven't front squatted in a Long time so who knows. I'm still a couple of wods behind as I did the backsquat/towel pullup wod last night. I'll be doing shoulder press today since i can't bench. I hope to be fully caught with you guys this weekend.

Congrats once again on the pr bud!:pepper:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bud, it really was fun. I'm really liking the morning workouts too.

I knew you were up theere in front squats. I haven't done any real front squts in a wile either. I think my legs were rested for it. It didn't feel bad at all and only one rep did my knees cave in a bit.

I'll check your log in a bit and see how the squat went.

Marianne Urbanski 10-08-2010 07:29 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;853009]Front squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

1.235lbs
2.235lbs
3.235lbs
4.235lbs
5.240lbs
6.240lbs
7.245lbs

last time and old PR
1.225lbs
2. 235lbs
3. 235
4. 235
5. 235
6. 235
7. 235

Ernie, this is in your wheel house I believe, so no challenge to you, just try not to show me up to bad!;)[/quote]

NICE WORK, Nik!! Great PR..

Sorry about the sore tooth!! Wish I was there to help out (you do know I am a dental surgeon, right?!! :) Hope you got that taken care of...

Scott Jenkins 10-08-2010 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853018]Thanks Scott. It is funny how if you get your head on straight and focus you can reall go.

I forgot it is class tonight for you. Always fun. I hope it is a good one. Have you ever been dissapointed from a class workout?[/QUOTE]

I would not keep going every week if there was dissappointing classes, the guys always do everything they can to get us taking pain and improving and as you know from your visits to an affiliate its a great atmosphere going against people and pushing them on. Some classes I enjoy more than others but thats personal preferences, and favourites with exercises. There was one class I remember being dissappointed about but that was dissappointment in ****ting myself :rofl:

Oh yeah I am with you on the tooth, last night I bite into a carrot and snapped my wisdom tooth across the middle, the pain was like turning on the stereo and it being on full volume the way it boomed through my head.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 08:14 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;853036]NICE WORK, Nik!! Great PR..

Sorry about the sore tooth!! Wish I was there to help out (you do know I am a dental surgeon, right?!! :) Hope you got that taken care of...[/QUOTE]
I'll look after the tooth. it is more gum really. just a bit sore and swolen. Oh thanks on todays max, it really was fun.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853047]I would not keep going every week if there was dissappointing classes, the guys always do everything they can to get us taking pain and improving and as you know from your visits to an affiliate its a great atmosphere going against people and pushing them on. Some classes I enjoy more than others but thats personal preferences, and favourites with exercises. There was one class I remember being dissappointed about but that was dissappointment in ****ting myself :rofl:

Oh yeah I am with you on the tooth, last night I bite into a carrot and snapped my wisdom tooth across the middle, the pain was like turning on the stereo and it being on full volume the way it boomed through my head.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is what I figured, pref on lifts. I hope to get up to Rockwall tomorrw if I can sort it out.

Yikes on the tooth! That sounds rough!!

Scott Jenkins 10-08-2010 08:15 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853051]Yea, that is what I figured, pref on lifts. I hope to get up to Rockwall tomorrw if I can sort it out.

Yikes on the tooth! That sounds rough!![/QUOTE]

Thats great if you can get up there again, some more people crushing for you!!

Luckily I do dentistry on myself so if I got time I will clear it up and put a filling in it later.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853053]Thats great if you can get up there again, some more people crushing for you!!

Luckily I do dentistry on myself so if I got time I will clear it up and put a filling in it later.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I have to see what Cathys doing in the morning if she has to work then i wont be able to go.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 08:32 AM

Group Suffering and A Thought Experiment

mobility workout.

I got 60sec both side on the hold for time in the one leg on bench behind you squat thing.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 11:09 AM

Lunch

I did the 5 way shoulder mobility workout

Then HSPUs which sucked today.

I did 10 max reps with 1 min rest inbetween for a ''monstrous''25reps

it went in reps 2,3,2,4,2,2,3,2,3,2.

Na I'm glad to get some HSPUs done. I think my shoulders are still a bit tired from the KB snaches.

Nik Nichols 10-09-2010 08:08 AM

Handstand walk 100 meters

If you fall, restart at the point of contact furthest from the finish.

time 20:17

Done at the track. I got 5 steps twice, 4 steps once. the rest were 1s2s3s. The worst was 7trys with no forward motion. Just up and down.

No forward falls to add to distance. there was a few where I fell sidways to equil my hands, but no forward falls.

Scott Jenkins 10-09-2010 08:25 AM

Great work getting the distance done Nik, I found when I only got 2 or so steps I was not making any progress as my feet were landing further back than my hands started still, never mind. Need to get back to practising this at least once a week.

Nik Nichols 10-09-2010 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853407]Great work getting the distance done Nik, I found when I only got 2 or so steps I was not making any progress as my feet were landing further back than my hands started still, never mind. Need to get back to practising this at least once a week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I did ok, it was the times I never tyook a step that killed me, up, down, up , down. Killed me.

The heels on my hands are sore now. The track is soft rubber, but it got sore after a wile.

Scott Jenkins 10-10-2010 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853497]Thanks Scott, I did ok, it was the times I never tyook a step that killed me, up, down, up , down. Killed me.

The heels on my hands are sore now. The track is soft rubber, but it got sore after a wile.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good surface, soft rubber is not to harsh for bad landings.

You seen on Ernie's log that he's thinking about KB Snatchin 1 poof, we better keep an eye on him, not sure what the law for that is in Florida. :rofl:

Nik Nichols 10-10-2010 06:34 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853581]Sounds like a good surface, soft rubber is not to harsh for bad landings.

You seen on Ernie's log that he's thinking about KB Snatchin 1 poof, we better keep an eye on him, not sure what the law for that is in Florida. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yea the track was good. My hands are red a little and a little sore, but not bad and not tore or blistered.

I misse that ''poof'' on Ernies log. I will go check it out.