CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 11-12-2008 12:46 AM

Re: The Bassman's Log (Steve Lampl)

[quote=Carla Tremblay;444446]Happy Anniversary Steve! And, sorry about the hamstring. I've been reading but not posting much. Been really busy... Hope you feel better soon.[/quote]

Thanks, Carla! I'm doing much better. Got ahold of a recommended recovery program Rip has used - - I tell you, that guy is a magician, notwithstanding an exceptional coach.

Sorry you've been so busy. Hope things settle down to a manageable level for you soon.

Take care!

Bob Guere 11-12-2008 08:08 AM

I'm late........ but HAPPY 35th Steve! A great tribute to you and your (I'm sure) lovely wife! You're an inspiration for all of us. Kerry and I will hit 16 next week.

Richard Macaulay 11-12-2008 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=Bob Guere;444764]I'm late........ but HAPPY 35th Steve! A great tribute to you and your (I'm sure) lovely wife! You're an inspiration for all of us. Kerry and I will hit 16 next week.[/QUOTE]

Mate iv been meaning to check out your logg for a while but this place gets busy sometimes lol.

Read most of it, great log mate, great times, and improvements. Awesome to have you here, and your positivity is contagious!!

Ricky

Stephen R. Lampl 11-12-2008 02:50 PM

[quote=Bob Guere;444764]I'm late........ but HAPPY 35th Steve! A great tribute to you and your (I'm sure) lovely wife! You're an inspiration for all of us. Kerry and I will hit 16 next week.[/quote]

Congrats to you and Kerry! Awesome!!!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-12-2008 02:52 PM

[quote=Richard Macaulay;445198]Mate iv been meaning to check out your logg for a while but this place gets busy sometimes lol.

Read most of it, great log mate, great times, and improvements. Awesome to have you here, and your positivity is contagious!!

Ricky[/quote]

Ricky,

Thanks so much for stopping by and posting and your very kind words. I am so indebted to the CF community! I love the WOs and the inspiration others are to me.

Take care and thanks again!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-12-2008 11:11 PM

[U][B]Wednesday, 11/12/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]REST DAY!

[/I][/B][I]Really feeling the shoulder presses from yesterday, as well as the squats. Didn't do that many of either, and weight for SPs was low (only 45#), but stiff nonetheless. Not particularly sore (today), but I have a feeling I will be tomorrow. Oh well.......

Must press onward....................
[/I]

Margo Fullingim 11-13-2008 08:46 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;445567][U][B]Wednesday, 11/12/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]REST DAY!

[/I][/B][I]Really feeling the shoulder presses from yesterday, as well as the squats. Didn't do that many of either, and weight for SPs was low (only 45#), but stiff nonetheless. Not particularly sore (today), but I have a feeling I will be tomorrow. Oh well.......

Must press onward....................
[/I][/QUOTE]

Enjoy your day of rest and recovery Steve!!! Well deserved.

Stephen R. Lampl 11-13-2008 08:38 PM

[quote=Margo Fullingim;445711]Enjoy your day of rest and recovery Steve!!! Well deserved.[/quote]

Thanks, Margo! I had a great rest day and felt good this a.m.......no real shoulder soreness. Whew!!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-13-2008 08:56 PM

[U][B]Thursday, 11/13/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]Hamstring Rehab Day #4.
[/I][/B][I]Not a lot of time today - - took Chery to Dr. Appt. today, so had to get done quickly.

[B]Warm Up:
Stationary Cycling: [/B]10:00 / L3 / 2.6 miles / 100 RPM / HR at 102.
[B]Arm Circles 15 X 2 (R/L)
Shoulder Pass Throughs (OH and side to side)[/B]
[B]CFWU X 3. Pull-ups were 3 + 2 UH grip + 3 kipping attempts (simply UGLY ----bleh!), + 2 UH grip.

WOD: "Invisible Fran"
For Time: 21-15-9 of
Squats
Push-ups
Time = 2:28
[/B]This one was fast and furious. I was surprised how hard this got in the last round. Last few push-ups in third round had to be broken into 3s and 2s.

[B]Strength and Core Work:[/B]
[B]BB Burls (strict form, tight core, grip at approx. shoulder width).
WU 35# X 15
45# X 3
55# X 3
65# X 3
75# X 3
80# X 3
85# X 1 (F2)
85# X 3 [/B](1st one strict form, slight "cheating" on 2 and 3)
[B]80# X 1 [/B](strict)
[B]75# X 5
45# X Max reps (27)

Hamstring rehab:
Good Mornings (PVC Pole)
15 X 5 [/B](Strict form - - maintained lower spine curve/straight back!).
Hamstring felt good, very minor tightness which lessened with reps.

Gotta work on my eating. I just am not hungry sometimes (no more nausea, just not hungry) and today, I forgot to eat anything at all until I started to "crash" at about 3 p.m. I guess I just don't think about nutrition until I read the forum posts or need to eat. Not good!

[B]PS.....UPS brought toys today - - Dynamax ball, BOSU, and jump rope arrived! Gonna use them tomorrow![/B]

[/I]

Richard Macaulay 11-14-2008 03:21 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;446267][U][B]Thursday, 11/13/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]Hamstring Rehab Day #4.
[/I][/B][I]Not a lot of time today - - took Chery to Dr. Appt. today, so had to get done quickly.

[B]Warm Up:
Stationary Cycling: [/B]10:00 / L3 / 2.6 miles / 100 RPM / HR at 102.
[B]Arm Circles 15 X 2 (R/L)
Shoulder Pass Throughs (OH and side to side)[/B]
[B]CFWU X 3. Pull-ups were 3 + 2 UH grip + 3 kipping attempts (simply UGLY ----bleh!), + 2 UH grip.

WOD: "Invisible Fran"
For Time: 21-15-9 of
Squats
Push-ups
Time = 2:28
[/B]This one was fast and furious. I was surprised how hard this got in the last round. Last few push-ups in third round had to be broken into 3s and 2s.

[B]Strength and Core Work:[/B]
[B]BB Burls (strict form, tight core, grip at approx. shoulder width).
WU 35# X 15
45# X 3
55# X 3
65# X 3
75# X 3
80# X 3
85# X 1 (F2)
85# X 3 [/B](1st one strict form, slight "cheating" on 2 and 3)
[B]80# X 1 [/B](strict)
[B]75# X 5
45# X Max reps (27)

Hamstring rehab:
Good Mornings (PVC Pole)
15 X 5 [/B](Strict form - - maintained lower spine curve/straight back!).
Hamstring felt good, very minor tightness which lessened with reps.

Gotta work on my eating. I just am not hungry sometimes (no more nausea, just not hungry) and today, I forgot to eat anything at all until I started to "crash" at about 3 p.m. I guess I just don't think about nutrition until I read the forum posts or need to eat. Not good!

[B]PS.....UPS brought toys today - - Dynamax ball, BOSU, and jump rope arrived! Gonna use them tomorrow![/B]

[/I][/QUOTE]

All awesome work....apart from BB curls, what are they, are they CF approved lol.

Ricky