CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My Amazing Cheat Day (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37822)

Rachel Izzo 10-05-2008 03:05 PM

My Amazing Cheat Day

Wow. So today I allowed myself a cheat day after 3 weeks of clean eating (85% paleo). So far, this is what I've had today:
2 pieces of fudge, almond butter, cottage cheese, handful chocolate covered almonds, homemade apple-pumpkin butter, salad w/ salmon olive oil vinegar, piece of chocolate fudge cake, 1.5 pancakes with whipped cream butter and strawberries, butterfinger candies, 1 sm reese's cub, 1/2 small chocolate chip cookie, 3 squares mint filled dark chocolate.

I feel like a glutton! Haha. I was gonna go for some ice cream later, but perhaps I should refrain ...

tomorrow it's back to clean eating for 2 weeks, and then a cheat MEAL not a cheat day :D

James Forshaw 10-05-2008 03:15 PM

Re: My Amazing Cheat Day

*oink oink* ;)

Rachel Izzo 10-05-2008 03:37 PM

HEY be nice! :)

Júlíus Magnússon 10-05-2008 03:53 PM

Eat strict, train hard and cheat hard.

I'd go for that ice cream if I were you. :D

P.S.
Awesome avatar, Rachel.

Daniel Olmstead 10-05-2008 04:03 PM

what, no coftea?

Enjoy your cheat day - I'm jealous. I took a cheat WEEK on vacation in August, when I let myself consume beer and oreos and ice cream daily. It was fantastic. Gained nearly 10 pounds.

How's the IF going?

Derek Weaver 10-05-2008 04:13 PM

That is quite impressive. May as well go for the ice cream.

No carb coma?

Rachel Izzo 10-05-2008 04:20 PM

Julius -- YES I agree. And I have been training hard, that's for sure. Lifting, squatting, lifting some more ... yesterday I was in the gym for 2 and a half hours. I figured I at least deserved today :) Thanks, my team mate took that picture, I thought it was cool.

Daniel -- haha I've given up on the coftea at least on IF'ing days. Made me WAY too jittery, and when I eliminated it, no more jitters.
IF'ing is actually really great. I'm really never hungry in the AM, so I figured why force myself to eat? Depending on the day and how early I get up, I either eat a bit before noon or around noon. I try not to IF on rest days, just because they're good for recovery, but I'm liking the freedom of more IF/paleo vs. zone.

Derek -- oh no, there was definitely a carb coma. Especially since i had the fudge at 10:30 am (brunch was at 11:30). It's amazing what sugar does to you when you don't have it that often.
Haha I may go for the ice cream, I can't decide (mmm mint chip!). I've probably hit like 5,000 calories today. Oh well. Hopefully I'll use it all up in the lifting this week :D

Scott Clark 10-05-2008 04:23 PM

Good work. I had Chinese food and a caramel sundae yesterday, it twas nice.

Rachel Izzo 10-05-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Clark (Post 416791)
Good work. I had Chinese food and a caramel sundae yesterday, it twas nice.

That's it????!!! Haha you all make me feel like a glutton!
But I suppose I should enjoy it while I can...

Makes me realize why I eat healthy all the time ... but damn it's still good to cheat hard :D

Sarena Kopciel 10-05-2008 04:38 PM

Proud of ya, like a real Momma:)