CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seen at the globo yesterday (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=31110)

Jeff Haugland 09-27-2008 05:25 AM

Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

So, I usualy do my wods at a globo gym on an AF base but recently I have started SS at the same gym.

Anyway, I walk into said gym and am warming up on the C2 rower, and I watch a woman walk in with a bag of what appears to be burger king. So I find it kind of funny that this woman is walking into of all places a gym with fast food. This peaks my interest to know what is inside.

I watch her get on an eliptical machine and then proceed to eat what looks like a half of a whopper and then the rest of her fries.

I finish my SS session in about 35 minutes and she was walking out of the locker room drinking her medium drink as I was walking in.

Emily Maisannes 09-27-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Haugland (Post 410508)
So, I usualy do my wods at a globo gym on an AF base but recently I have started SS at the same gym.

Anyway, I walk into said gym and am warming up on the C2 rower, and I watch a woman walk in with a bag of what appears to be burger king. So I find it kind of funny that this woman is walking into of all places a gym with fast food. This peaks my interest to know what is inside.

I watch her get on an eliptical machine and then proceed to eat what looks like a half of a whopper and then the rest of her fries.

I finish my SS session in about 35 minutes and she was walking out of the locker room drinking her medium drink as I was walking in.

Just... wow... I have to eat clean on the days I work out. I don't have a choice, really. If I don't, then Pukie starts winking at me.

Ben Chapman 09-27-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Bergin (Post 409925)
Off topic Sean, but the movie you're referring to is Burn After Reading ... and I am being 100% honest when I say it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Don't waste your money, heh.

Wow, all I can say is that you probably didn't get it.

Maybe some day they will make Judge Dread II and you can better enjoy your movie-going experience.

Travis Loest 09-27-2008 03:36 PM

Ok, so I was doing today's workout at the gym:
4 rounds for time
400m
50 squats

everytime I got off the treadmill (with it still running) to knock out my squats directly behind the machine this woman would come over in her gucci exercise outfit with matching headphones and try to get on the damn thing. The first two times I was polite and said "sorry, still using it, gimme about 15 min" Now it wasn't the only treadmill open but for some reason this woman wanted that treadmill and only that one. She came back a third time and I lost it. "Look STUPID, when I wipe it down and walk away I'm done with it. Until then you may be in jeapardy of getting sweat on your nice outfit. So GO AWAY!" :ranting2: Probably not the best response but my tolerance for human stupidity is not as great as it once was. I honestly thought I would upset people around me (after I said it) but apparently most of them were watching just to see what happened. I was later told that she has actually scolded people for using "her" treadmill. That must have been a shock for her!!

Nancy Cohen 09-27-2008 04:24 PM

Travis, next time she does that, be sure to throw in the phrase, "you old bat." So, for instance, you might say, " Look, you stupid old bat....yada yada."

Sara Fleming 09-27-2008 04:30 PM

Now, see, in the south, we follow up insults with "Bless your heart" and then they don't know exactly what we're getting at, but are pretty sure they were insulted . . . :)

"Hey stupid, Get off my treadmill you old bat! Bless your heart! (Big grin)"

She'll be charmed and confused all at the same time. ;)

Nancy Cohen 09-27-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara Fleming (Post 410815)
Now, see, in the south, we follow up insults with "Bless your heart" and then they don't know exactly what we're getting at, but are pretty sure they were insulted . . . :)

:rofl: Brilliant!! :rofl:

Aileen Reid 09-27-2008 05:15 PM

Oh this brings back memories of one of my old gyms. There was this big clique of girls who all had THEIR spot on the aerobics floor and heaven help anyone who pinched it!

I have twice disgraced myself at the gym. Once by walking past the bench press and sending the Olympic bar flying. Last time I lost it in the middle of a squat and daren't throw the bar back because as always there's too many people too close behind so I just ended up sort of scrunched under it as it pinned me on the floor by the middle of my back.

Marc Tower 09-29-2008 06:52 AM

Sitting here by the window in a local coffee shop. The Globo Gym is next door and stream of 'athletes' in/out is pretty entertaining.

I just watch a woman in workout gear get out of her Escalade with a water bottle and a McDonald's sack an walk into the gym.

Sumo McMuffin high pulls?

Riley Durant 09-29-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara Fleming (Post 410815)

Sara, that really only works if you are female...something about the phrasing and tone of voice is what really does it justice.

I've normally seen it at the beginning of the insult, by the way. "Well, bless your heart, aren't you a stupid old bat?!" You have to throw them off with kindness before you actually skewer them with their own stupidity.