CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   JT's Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33677)

John Tagita 06-27-2008 12:09 PM

JT's Log

I have been CF'ing for almost about 14 months now, and am trying to get serious with my training. I have been dabbling in long-distance running and fight training, but am going to put those things aside for the next six months to see where I can go with Crossfit and the Omega-3 Zone.

Background - 6'3" 200lb 27 YOM. Just finished British Sniper School a week ago, so my body is pretty tore up. I am taking this week off, and am going to hit it hard starting Monday. I am also a cancer and malaria survivor, if that means anything in my training log. I am generally a pretty strong and fast guy, but not the strongest or the fastest. I participate in a military PT program on Mon, Wed, and Fri, that is fairly strenuous by AF standards. We run an interval program, force ruck marches, and pseudo-CF workouts.

Goals - Muscle-up within three weeks. (just got my rings in the mail, and am going to do a 3 week MU program in addition to CF.) Other than that, just general fitness. I have lost a lot of muscle over the past nine weeks, so I am anxious to see how I perform next week. I am also due for a USAF PT test in August, no sweat, but I am not going to specifically train for any of the events, so we'll see.

See you Monday.

John Tagita 06-30-2008 12:24 PM

JT's Log

CFWU x 2
Pullups, 8 x 7
Dips, 10 x 10
Power Clean and Jerk @ 135, 5 x 5
Power Clean and Jerk @ 185, 1 x 1

For my first day back into it, and a rest day at that, I feel pretty good. My goal for the day was just to get stretched out again, and ready for the WOD tomorrow. Also, this is my first day on the 3 week MU program, so I hit a few pull-ups and dips. I didn't want to mess with ring dips until Wed, which is the next day of the program.

My diet is f**king rock star right now, the zone is mega.

John Tagita 07-01-2008 03:14 AM

Tuesday 080701

CFWU x 2

WOD

Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps

SP 95, 115, 125, 135, 140
PP 135, 155, 160, 165, 180(f)
PJ 140, 145, 145, 135, 135

Vibing it, I feel really friggin weak after my 9 week hiatus, but I can feel that my strength is still there, it will just take some time. The push jerks were really hard after my jerks yesterday, I felt decreased mobility, and ran out of fuel during the 3rd set.

Zone is still in effect, I seem to be having an easier time getting in the Zone now, possibly just from being tired of eating box rations.

John Tagita 07-03-2008 04:50 AM

CFWU x 2
WOD
8 full minutes, no kip pullups

My grip and my back is killing me. I now see what I lost over the past 9 weeks. Muscular endurance. I could've continued the WOD scaled down, or tried to convince myself that jumping pullups are as good as full pullups, but I can't lie to myself.

I finished the day with an interval session:
5 sets
500m row
1/4 mile sprint

Yesterday, same story as today, my grip was failing on me during the 3rd set @ 135 lbs, and it could've gotten dangerous, as the base gym was full of the high school softball team. Someone would've gotten knocked out, probably me.

As far as my 3 week MU program, I can honestly say I am not ready to give it my full attention yet, so it will wait until I regain my strength.

I can say that my diet is still good to go. I did fall for some california rolls yesterday, (white rice, i know, GFY), but I offset that with a couple protein shakes.

John Tagita 07-07-2008 11:56 AM

Alright, so I got a PT test today, and it was

53 pushups in a minute
55 crunches in a minute
10:27 1.5 mile run

That is the slowest i have run that distance in a long time. The fastest is 8:43. At least I finished, after 9 weeks with no phys at all. Mega.

Tomorrow, going to hook up the rings and see how far I am from a MU.

John Tagita 07-07-2008 11:57 AM

Re: JT's Log

Also I am friggin amazed at the CF Games guys. Amazing.

John Tagita 07-08-2008 10:56 AM

Today, had a new PB - Snatch @ 210lb. Got on the rings and was lightyears away from anything that even slightly resembled a MU. Going to start ring dips to get used to it.

John Tagita 07-09-2008 12:48 PM

CFT

BS 275
DL 315
SP 135

CFT - 725

My DL was really weak, I thought I had a good chance of getting close to my PR of 375, but not so much. I then ran a 1.5 miler, and ring pullups x 15.