CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nick Harris 01-10-2009 06:53 PM

Re: Nik

Good job on the front squats Nik, that is some heavy weight. I'll be attempting that tomorrow.

Have a nice rest of the weekend.

Nik Nichols 01-12-2009 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;489566]The back lever should come before the front lever Nik. I can hit a messy back lever right now although I need someone to video or photograph it so I can see if it is as straight as I imagine. On the Front Lever I work through progressions that I read somewhere I cannot remember from Coach.

Hang on the rings so you are completely upside down and then lower your body as slow as possible through the front lever position until you hit the ground. You will at first (unless your a natural) fall through quite fast. Do this 15 times. Eventually you will be able to stop the front lever at the correct point. I have not got this far yet as my back told me to leave it alone for a while, back at it now. My goal is to have a front lever by the end of this year Nik so do not get impatient with it as it is a very hard move to perform.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try that progression. It is just for back, so I'm not to worried about getting it now. But I guess I am sucked it to somthing now!!!LOL

[QUOTE=Fergus Lally;489588]Thats a great score on that one Nick, I did 5 rounds and it took me 10 mins lol

you must have been in bits after it![/QUOTE]

Yea I was pretty sore.

Nik Nichols 01-12-2009 07:47 AM

So my back is ok, and I will be trying the Main page shoveling. So any tips? Wish me luck! I'm a little nervous about it!!

Nik Nichols 01-12-2009 07:58 AM

You guys have to check out the video on the main page about the old ones working out, vary inspirational!!

Scott Jenkins 01-12-2009 08:20 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;491018]So my back is ok, and I will be trying the Main page shoveling. So any tips? Wish me luck! I'm a little nervous about it!![/QUOTE]

Be careful Nik , I read that a lot of people hurt there backs during the virtual shovelling last time, I myself will be doing one-arm KB cleans instead.

Nik Nichols 01-12-2009 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;491030]Be careful Nik , I read that a lot of people hurt there backs during the virtual shovelling last time, I myself will be doing one-arm KB cleans instead.[/QUOTE]

I did this one the first time. It was scary, I was really carefull then,I will be extra carefull now. We will see how it goes. Time will not be the main factor.

Vanessa Sisson 01-12-2009 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;491030]Be careful Nik , I read that a lot of people hurt there backs during the virtual shovelling last time, I myself will be doing one-arm KB cleans instead.[/QUOTE]

Scott, thanks for the warning.

Nik,
Let me know how this feels. I may need to plan to do something else.

Nik Nichols 01-12-2009 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;491054]Scott, thanks for the warning.

Nik,
Let me know how this feels. I may need to plan to do something else.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I will no problem. You are planning alot of back stuff!

Nik Nichols 01-12-2009 10:28 AM

Anyone know what day we did this last time?

Scott Jenkins 01-12-2009 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;491162]Anyone know what day we did this last time?[/QUOTE]

September 23rd 2008, just done a little archive searching for you Nik, its fine my friend I have nothing to do at work right now!! :D

Last time it was combined with push ups instead of pull ups so do not expect to equal your time from then as this time around grip will be a much bigger factor.