CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Running a CrossFit Facility (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Possible Cross Fit Affiliate Names (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=44851)

Tish Traster 04-03-2009 01:57 AM

Re: Possible Cross Fit Affiliate Names

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wright (Post 555913)
Ghetto CrossFit
Death by CrossFit
Doughboy CrossFit
Essential CrossFit
CrossFit Brickhouse

ROFL, you made me laugh so hard! :rofl: I vote Doughboy CrossFit!

Tish Traster 04-03-2009 02:04 AM

Possible Company Names:
 Iron Works Cross Fit
 Cross Fit Kanata
 Cross Fit Steel Warriors
 Legion Cross Fit
 Cross Fit Gladiators
 Spartan Cross Fit
 Rangers Cross Fit
 Extreme Cross Fit
 Dragon Warrior Cross Fit

My two cents:

Iron, Steel, Hard...used to death and sounds very 80s when I hear it.

Sorry. Kanata, what's that? From a consumer standpoint, this might confuse people.

Extreme, well if you only want extreme clients OK, but you might scare the average joe/soccer mom off with that one.

Rangers sound very military/law enforcement.

Spartan...personally I loved 300...I like that one!

Steel Warriors....again a little outdated for me....also sounds like a workers union :D

Legion......super hero'ish.........yeah I like it!

Dragon Warrior...again 70s-80s flashback....expect to hear Bon Jovi / White Snake when walk in door.

All great names, I'm sure have meaning to you.....my affiliate is CrossFit40...because I'm 45 and CrossFit has changed my life. My younger clients have trouble identifying with that name and I'm constantly explaining it over and over and over. *sigh* LOL

Have fun with it!

Mike Wright 04-03-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Wright (Post 555874)
Just did some brain storming today and was hoping to get some input and thoughts. I am looking to open my frist box this Sept if all goes well.

Possible Company Names:
 Iron Works Cross Fit
 Cross Fit Kanata
 Cross Fit Steel Warriors
 Legion Cross Fit
 Cross Fit Gladiators
 Spartan Cross Fit
 Rangers Cross Fit
 Extreme Cross Fit
 Dragon Warrior Cross Fit

Some of these maybe taken. I haven't reviewed all the Cross Fit affiliates.

Let me know which one you like best.

Cheers. Jordan

Hey Jordan, take those words and look them up in latin or spanish or german. You get some cool sounding names that mean the same thing. Good marketing technique I learned from myself.;)

Ken Edwards 04-03-2009 12:46 PM

As someone who lives in Kanata, I don't find CrossFit Kanata confusing at all. :)

Note that there is already CrossFit Ottawa (WFS) although the gym is also called/branded The Gas Hut. It seems to have grown out of what was called CrossFit Mobile here in Ottawa, run by Pierre Auge (WFS). There used to be a Capital CrossFit as well as CrossFit NCR (National Capital Region) in town it seems, see this thread (WFS) for some more info.

Let me just say other than working out at The Gas Hut for some time, I have no other links to these gyms, but I wanted to share what I've picked up after lurking around the boards for the last year.

If I can add my two cents, I like names that have the area that the gym is in.

Good luck!

Eric Lester 04-03-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tish Traster (Post 557799)
Dragon Warrior...again 70s-80s flashback....expect to hear Bon Jovi / White Snake when walk in door.

You mean hope to hear! A boy can dream. :kicking0:

Tish Traster 04-04-2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Edwards (Post 558142)
As someone who lives in Kanata, I don't find CrossFit Kanata confusing at all. :)

ROFL, thought it was martial arts lingo for a Japanese sword....but that's Katana! All makes sense now. :)

Tish Traster 04-04-2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lester (Post 558212)
You mean hope to hear! A boy can dream. :kicking0:

Oh you are so right! Hope to hear :)

Jordan Wright 04-04-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

There used to be a Capital CrossFit as well as CrossFit NCR (National Capital Region) in town it seems, see this thread (WFS) for some more info.
Never hear of Capital or NCR. They still around? Figured Pierre was the only guy in town with a studio. Unless the others were knock offs.

I was thinking CrossFit Kanata but seems like everyone under the sun uses their home town name. Not always easy to come up with original names.

Hey Ken. I am looking into putting together a Cross Fit group for the summer to train on either Sat or Sun at Mooey's Bay. Your more than welcome to join us. Get a chance to practice skills, do a great WOD, meet other Cross Fitters, have a great time, encourage and challenge each other. Figure it would be a good way to educate the community out there that there are other options besides GoodLife. Send me a PM if your interested.

Thank you again to everyone for the feedback. I will post in future what I come up with. I do like Spartan CrossFit but I am told it is taken.

Lionel Garcia 04-04-2009 07:33 PM

Iron Warrior CrossFit
Iron Legion CrossFit
WolfPack Crossfit "Where my dogs at?"
Iron Wolf CrossFit
Top Dog/Dawg CrossFit
U can thank me later
=p

Daniel Krull 04-04-2009 10:04 PM

I agree, I like the spartan one as well but let me think of some names...

First off, Tell us a little bit about the town that the CrossFit will be in? Maybe I can make up a name off of that...

P.S. I'm a rapper and I make beats. This is what I do. I make up stuff. ;)