CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 08-18-2010 05:38 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;829292]Man I'm jealous, Nate is one of my favorite wods!!! I wish I would have brought my rings with me on vacation lol. My pr is 15 rounds, let's see what u guys got!!![/QUOTE]

My PR is 11 rounds and change, its the hspu's that slow me down, I hope to beat that today and get closer to you Ernesto.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 06:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;829268]Thats why I did not hit the de-load, I just dont think my body would register doing it, probably no more effort for yourself than lifting a box and moving it around the factory. Could understand if we was hitting each exercise 3x a week.

Anyway, you ready for 'Nate' today. I wish it was 4 x muscle up and 2 x hspu!! :D[/QUOTE]
Yea, the deload you were right on. I have always been pretty focused on following the program. I Don't totally understand the 531 program, but it said to de load, so I deload. Next week I up weight so I'll be happy then.

$mu to 2 HSPU's would be great.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;829292]Man I'm jealous, Nate is one of my favorite wods!!! I wish I would have brought my rings with me on vacation lol. My pr is 15 rounds, let's see what u guys got!!![/QUOTE]
I'll be hitting it hard.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;829295]My PR is 11 rounds and change, its the hspu's that slow me down, I hope to beat that today and get closer to you Ernesto.[/QUOTE]

I just checked, I got 11rounds at a MU. I haven't practiced the MU's or GTG, or done ant HSPU's at all. I don't know if that is good or bad.

I hope it is good, and I'm rested for today. I really think if I keep moving and keep the failier small, I can beat today.

Scott Jenkins 08-18-2010 06:18 AM

Its going to be real close between us today then Nik as our PR's are almost identical. Lets both get a PR today mate.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;829322]Its going to be real close between us today then Nik as our PR's are almost identical. Lets both get a PR today mate.[/QUOTE]

Done. For me I think it will be the KB, as long as I don't hit fatigue and I can push just a bit faster. Trying to hit that right spot of keeping moving and not hitting fatigue will bethe trick.

Scott Jenkins 08-18-2010 06:33 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;829326]Done. For me I think it will be the KB, as long as I don't hit fatigue and I can push just a bit faster. Trying to hit that right spot of keeping moving and not hitting fatigue will bethe trick.[/QUOTE]

Yes I already thought about pacing properly, always go off like a madman on this one and try and do the MU's and HSPU's almost in a blur, today, will try and keep the calming head. Its a Dumbel for me today but that wont make much difference.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;829338]Yes I already thought about pacing properly, always go off like a madman on this one and try and do the MU's and HSPU's almost in a blur, today, will try and keep the calming head. Its a Dumbel for me today but that wont make much difference.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good as long as we(I) keep Monty at bay.

I'll be taping weights to the bottom of the KB.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 06:54 AM

A.M. warm up
30 reps unbroken
GHD's
back ext 40lbs(hams SORE doing the back ext)
abmatt situps 45lbs plate overhead
Camille pushups
OHS's with bar

1 HSPU
30 deadhang pullups by 5's.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 08:18 AM

10:00 break set up thwe KB. It is funny looking, but functional. Tahnks again Scott for the idea.

Camille Lore 08-18-2010 08:50 AM

Good luck!

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Camille Lore;829421]Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks Camille.