CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-08-2010 08:08 AM

Re: Nik

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
185 pound Back squat, 7 reps
45 pound dumbbell Overhead walking lunge, 10 steps (right hand)
7 Burpees
45 pound dumbbell Overhead walking lunge, 10 steps (left hand)

6 rounds
everything unbroken, squats the hardest

Scott Jenkins 08-08-2010 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;823758]Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
7 Burpees

6 rounds
everything unbroken, squats the hardest[/QUOTE]

Nik thats a fine effort , I would of been very proud of 6 rounds with a weight nearly 20lb over my BW and all unbroken sets. Now get on that roller Nik because there's some aching legs coming tomorrow.

Nik Nichols 08-08-2010 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;823776]Nik thats a fine effort , I would of been very proud of 6 rounds with a weight nearly 20lb over my BW and all unbroken sets. Now get on that roller Nik because there's some aching legs coming tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. I expected more. But it is what it is. I'll start rolling, I forgot about the doms from lunges. I tell you they were better then I though they would be. Hard, but not as hard as I thought.

Scott Jenkins 08-08-2010 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;823780]Thanks Scott. I expected more. But it is what it is. I'll start rolling, I forgot about the doms from lunges. I tell you they were better then I though they would be. Hard, but not as hard as I thought.[/QUOTE]

Yes those lunges got easier as it went on due to getting it balanced better and I suppose being more warmed up and flexible.

You had a read of the main page comments, bingo's post is real interesting today, he's a very clever one.

Nik Nichols 08-08-2010 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;823787]Yes those lunges got easier as it went on due to getting it balanced better and I suppose being more warmed up and flexible.

You had a read of the main page comments, bingo's post is real interesting today, he's a very clever one.[/QUOTE]

No I just posted and got offline, I'll check Bingos post now.

I guess I could have pushed the lunges faster, but it wasn't for the lack of trying. After a few sets of them I realized they really wrent that bad, it just took a little more consintration.

Ernie Guevara 08-08-2010 11:14 AM

7 Burpees

6 rounds

Goodwork there nik! I know those squats were tough! No karting around u today?

Laurie Smith 08-08-2010 12:12 PM

7 Burpees

6 rounds

Great job Nik!!!

Nik Nichols 08-08-2010 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;823838]Great job Nik!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I kept moving through it all and I'm happy with that, I just wasn't fast enough, which is always my problem in metcons.

Nik Nichols 08-08-2010 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;823787]Yes those lunges got easier as it went on due to getting it balanced better and I suppose being more warmed up and flexible.

You had a read of the main page comments, bingo's post is real interesting today, he's a very clever one.[/QUOTE]

Bingo looks to be or had gone through some real struggle. He is right. We all keep score. It all depends on what is importand to you.

Seeing we are all crossfitters, not only are we working on personal fitness, we are ALWAYS competing, be it agains a clock, previous weight, or each other.

So we are pushing ourselves to good form and good times and competing workouts. Which is fine in healthy doses, but , like bingo said, it is when you give controll of that counting to someone else that gets us down.

In brutal honestly, today was colse to bothersome. You killed the workout, I thought I'd get at least 7 rounds. I didn't get close, and I was dissapointed.

Now I kept moving, I didn't really stop except in transition. I pushed. But I wasn't happy with the result. Why? Someone else did better. If I had no one to compet with I'd have been happy.

I see it as a good thing. I'm not cheating to win, it keeps me humble and honest, and it keeps me pushing harder. All good things.

It is when it get's out of controll where it gets dumb. When ''you'' cheat to beat someone you stop doing the workout for fitness and start doing it to ''mesure'' up to someone else and you arent even doing that.

Laurie Smith 08-08-2010 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;823844]Thanks, I kept moving through it all and I'm happy with that, I just wasn't fast enough, which is always my problem in metcons.[/QUOTE]

I didn't go fast at all. I took my time but kept moving.