CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 05-07-2010 10:12 AM

Re: Nik

I've been noticing that my hands are falling asleep at night. I wake up in the middle of the night and have to shake them out a lot lately. :(

Nik Nichols 05-07-2010 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;780698]I've been noticing that my hands are falling asleep at night. I wake up in the middle of the night and have to shake them out a lot lately. :([/QUOTE]

Me too, Mostly it is my last two fingers. I have never lost a whole hand befor. Any Ideas to why?

Laurie Smith 05-07-2010 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;780705]Me too, Mostly it is my last two fingers. I have never lost a whole hand befor. Any Ideas to why?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the way I was sleeping (on my side with my arms out), cutting off the circulation to my arm. I really don't know.

Nik Nichols 05-07-2010 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;780728]I thought it was the way I was sleeping (on my side with my arms out), cutting off the circulation to my arm. I really don't know.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the way I sleep too, but it isn't it is stiff muscles, right along with the ''FUZZ''. We need to strech!!:ranting2:

Nik Nichols 05-07-2010 11:10 AM

WOD

Foam roll for 30min AMRAP

Shoulders, traps, back, latts, glutes, hams, calf's, quads.

Shoulder mobility streches. Ham and glute streches.

Marianne Urbanski 05-07-2010 04:05 PM

[quote=Nik Nichols;780705]Me too, Mostly it is my last two fingers. I have never lost a whole hand befor. Any Ideas to why?[/quote]
last two fingers are innervated by the Ulnar nerve and it travels down the inside aspect of your arm, so it isn't uncommon to have pressure on that if you are sleeping funny!! That would make them both go "numb".. :)

Jay Rhodes 05-07-2010 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;780878]last two fingers are innervated by the Ulnar nerve and it travels down the inside aspect of your arm, so it isn't uncommon to have pressure on that if you are sleeping funny!! That would make them both go "numb".. :)[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the exact same thing.
Probably just the way you're sleeping on it. I get that every now and then too. Sometimes a whole dead arm...next time I'll try a pushup! :rofl:

Nik Nichols 05-08-2010 06:38 PM

"CrossFit Total"

Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep

squat 295, just short of 300 my pr. My legs were the limiting factor.
Sp 125, not close to pr. Shoulder and left arm sore
Deadlift 335lbs new PR

Total 755
PR on total by 5lbs.

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;744127]Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1

squat 285lbs(129K) stopped there to not push my back. No PR
SP 140lbs(63.5k) mached my PR
deadlift 325lbs(147.4K) PR by 5lbs

I stopped the squat there for my back. I didn't feel I should push it . It felt fine squating but I could feel a little bit unracking and reracking.[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 05-08-2010 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;780878]last two fingers are innervated by the Ulnar nerve and it travels down the inside aspect of your arm, so it isn't uncommon to have pressure on that if you are sleeping funny!! That would make them both go "numb".. :)[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm glad it isn't anything real major.

Nik Nichols 05-09-2010 06:18 AM

"Jerry"

For time:
Run 1 mile
Row 2K
Run 1 mile

looks like I'll miss this one. No way i can run with Martin there. I'd have to leave him alone at the shop, not going to happen.

My prayers are with you and your Familly Jerry.