CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Jay Rhodes 03-10-2010 02:02 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;751564]Great work NIk, and good to have you on board, sumo or normal deadlift its the same, some people use sumo all the time as its allowed.[/QUOTE]

I prefer sumo, but my sectional movement requirements states feet within shoulder width so that is what I used today.

Nik Nichols 03-10-2010 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;751547]Glad to hear the back is ok! I would think this one would be a nightmare with a bad back! That is a lot of reps!![/QUOTE]
It would have been if I was going to use the regular deadlift form. I couldnt have done it. But the sumo I was up right, not bent so it was all legs for the most part.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;751564]Great work NIk, and good to have you on board, sumo or normal deadlift its the same, some people use sumo all the time as its allowed.[/QUOTE]
Really? I didn't know. I have always got traditional so I never really thought about it. They were way easier, I wonder about my one rep max with somo stance. I bet i can blow my regular max out of the water.

I thought at comp as well it was shoulder width, so you know up, game standard all the way. Even if they don't hold to C2B at the games this year, I'll still do them. The harder the better.
[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;751574]I prefer sumo, but my sectional movement requirements states feet within shoulder width so that is what I used today.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that. What is the standard for the games? Is there one?

Jay Rhodes 03-10-2010 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;751587] I was wondering about that. What is the standard for the games? Is there one?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine shoulder width. In all the videos I've seen from past games no one is using sumo.

Laurie Smith 03-10-2010 03:25 PM

I thought there was once a big ole stink about the deads because someone going for max did sumo's which of course he was able to go heavier (he was short too), and everyone else did regular, because they never did state which method to use.

Nik Nichols 03-11-2010 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;751616]I thought there was once a big ole stink about the deads because someone going for max did sumo's which of course he was able to go heavier (he was short too), and everyone else did regular, because they never did state which method to use.[/QUOTE]

I looked arround and didn't find anything, but that doesn't mean anything. I can see the debate though.

Nik Nichols 03-11-2010 12:18 PM

Ok Dr report. Spine and disks are good. It is a spasum, I saw it (or the effect of it ) on x ray. It is the small muscles that hold the vertabra together that are spasumed.

He worked the whole area, did some deep tissue work, worked mt hips spine ect.

I saw the arthritus. It is ostio? He said '' There is the effects of gravity.'' I said ''I fight gravity every day.''

He checked for hernia all good.

Hi said to take it easy on it, not to lift heavy for a wile, DONT OVER DO IT! He said a few times.
He said I could lift, He said if it causes pain to stop whatever I'm doing othwer then that I can lift.

He is going to check out Cross fit to see what I'm doing. So we will be on the same page.

He asked me if I take supliments I told him the vitimins I take and got the ok on all. He said to stay away from protien powder and those supp's. i told him I'm palio, he was happy for that.

Oh he took blood to see where my colestoral is. I will know in a few days.

So I take it easy and all will be good. He is cool about back strenthening work too.

Nik Nichols 03-11-2010 12:22 PM

Three rounds for time of:

30 Double-unders
25 L-pull-ups
50 pound dumbbells Squat clean, 20 reps

I scaled the cleans to barbell cleans. We only have 40lbs DB's and they didn't feel good on the back with them being unstable. The cleans were tough on my back on the first pull, but as long as I was straight i was good.

DU's first two sets were with a janky slow rope and in 3's to 6's. last set was good.

Pullups singles mostly done on rings, fullrange of motion.

Time 24:29.

I'll catch up a bit later with everyone, I'm real busy right now.

Laurie Smith 03-11-2010 12:24 PM

Glad to hear there is nothing serious with your back Nik!!

Ernie Guevara 03-11-2010 01:06 PM

Glad to hear it's nothing serious Nik! Hope u heal quick. Hey I posted my sectional wods in my log. Check them out and give me some advice. Thte last one is gonna leave me on a wheelchair!

Scott Jenkins 03-11-2010 01:43 PM

Thats great news for your back Nik, nothing that cannot be resolved there, really pleased for you mate and great work on todays WOD.