CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Over 50 Crossfitters Sign In (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=39289)

Stephen R. Lampl 01-13-2009 06:23 PM

Re: Over 50 Crossfitters Sign In

Hey Mark,

Great job on today's WOD! It was definitely harder than it looked on "paper" or the PC screen....

[I][B]All the OVER 50's are putting on quite a display of Crossfit Determination on this board, with Terry proving to be a real monster Crossfitter.[/B][/I]

What a great thing to say - - thanks! And yup....Terry is the "rabbit" to catch!!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-13-2009 06:25 PM

[quote=Diane Dennis;492046][B]This morning:[/B]

Ran to the CLBBG - worked with trainer

This was a rough day in the gym - needed a lot of legs in this workout and didn't seem to have them. I'm guessing that 9 hrs after rowing wasn't enough recovery. I will never quit during a workout, but the thought actually crossed my mind this morning. Can anybody suggest something that I can eat between the time I get home from rowing (9pm) and hitting the CLBBG the next morning (6am) that might give me some gas in my tank? I normally eat 1/2 of a zone bar 1/2 hour before the gym and the other half after the workout. It's never been a problem until this morning.

WOD:

2 min jumping jacks
10 body rows
25 squat jumps
10 body rows
15 burpees
1 min static back squat - 55#
15 burpees
10 body rows
20 ea leg alternating lunge jumps
10 body rows
2 min jumping jacks

EEEK! Going home I ran about 15 steps and then had to walk the rest of the way.[/quote]

Hey Diane,

Way to push through anyway, even though your legs weren't cooperating! That was a LOT of work!

Rest up!!

Diane Dennis 01-13-2009 06:28 PM

Mark and Stephen - Great job on the WOD! From the main page posts, it sounds like this one is really tough. I might try it scaled on Friday but I've become a wimp without a CF coach. Kudos to you both for having the skill and determination to do it on your own.

Stephen R. Lampl 01-13-2009 06:59 PM

[quote=Diane Dennis;492561]Mark and Stephen - Great job on the WOD! From the main page posts, it sounds like this one is really tough. I might try it scaled on Friday but I've become a wimp without a CF coach. Kudos to you both for having the skill and determination to do it on your own.[/quote]

Diane,

Hey girl...I know you've got the determination to push through some of the crazy stuff you do- - you'll smash this WO! [I][B]Go for it!![/B][/I] This one will only kill you for a little while :D.

Thank you for your kind comments, BTW!!

Terry Dickman 01-13-2009 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;492553]What a great thing to say - - thanks! And yup....Terry is the "rabbit" to catch!![/QUOTE]

Steve, Mark, Thanks for the compliments. Not sure I am monster... I think I need a few more months...:D Mark's WODS and times impress me and I still think he has the edge. But its all in fun, for me its all about self improvement...my wife says yeah right...your not competitive... seems like I am always trying to beat some youngster.

Stephen R. Lampl 01-13-2009 09:00 PM

[quote=Terry Dickman;492688]Steve, Mark, Thanks for the compliments. Not sure I am monster... I think I need a few more months...:D Mark's WODS and times impress me and I still think he has the edge. But its all in fun, for me its all about self improvement...my wife says yeah right...your not competitive... seems like I am always trying to beat some youngster.[/quote]

I think we all turn a bit more competitive - - I'm going crazy hoping I can edge some time off my previous WODs, etc. But it's just plain fun anyway. Most of the time, I just have a blast, once I recover from the suck factor.

Hope your hands are feeling better.

Mark Ervi 01-14-2009 11:34 AM

Today did CFWUx3 w/20 burpees

Did OHS 3-3-3-3-3
I did 45-50-55-60-65-70
The workout was going great and felt like I was probably going to keep going up in weight without any problems, when dropping into my 3rd squat with 70lbs. overhead my left groin had a pop and some pain. I finished that lift and stopped. Feels like I have a mild muscle pull. Guess I will go easy on the legs lifting anything for a few days. I do not think it is anything too serious, but I have learned not to push my luck.

Diane Dennis 01-14-2009 06:44 PM

Rested today

I was fried after Monday night rowing and Tuesday morning WOD. Hitting the CLBBG first thing tomorrow morning to get back to it. Running to the gym will such a delight when it is 5 degrees!

Terry Dickman 01-14-2009 09:34 PM

[B][U]Wednesday 1/14/09[/U]
Warm Up[/B]
400m Jog and 2 rounds of;
15 Pushup
15 GHD Situps
15 KB swings 53lbs
15 OHS with PVC
Samson Stretch

[B]WOD For time:[/B]
15 Power Cleans 155 lbs
30 Ring Dips
12 Power Cleans
24 Ring Dips
9 Power Cleans
18 Ring Dips
6 Power Cleans
12 Ring Dips
3 Power Cleans
6 Ring Dips

My Time 32:29 rx'd
My ring dips were weak, need to work on form, couldn't lock out at the end.

Stephen R. Lampl 01-15-2009 12:47 AM

[quote=Mark Ervi;493165]Today did CFWUx3 w/20 burpees

Did OHS 3-3-3-3-3
I did 45-50-55-60-65-70
The workout was going great and felt like I was probably going to keep going up in weight without any problems, when dropping into my 3rd squat with 70lbs. overhead my left groin had a pop and some pain. I finished that lift and stopped. Feels like I have a mild muscle pull. Guess I will go easy on the legs lifting anything for a few days. I do not think it is anything too serious, but I have learned not to push my luck.[/quote]

Gosh, Mark. So sorry about the muscle pull. Sounds like you were doing great! Those were some good numbers to be putting up over your head!
Get better quickly!