CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ATTN: AF Home Pull Up Bar owners. (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=78168)

Benjamin Conklin 10-09-2012 11:44 PM

ATTN: AF Home Pull Up Bar owners.

I have a couple of Q's before I make my decision. Being $99, it is pretty hard to pass up.

Is there a specific spacing requirement like the Stud Bar? (width) Or can I go more narrow?

How Sturdy does it feel? Can you compare it to any others?

What is the diameter of the bar? The standard seems to be 1.25in.

How is it secured in those brackets? Is it simply tightening the bolts down against the bar, or does the bar have an opening?

Thanks!

-Ben

Jon Gilson 10-10-2012 08:09 AM

Re: ATTN: AF Home Pull Up Bar owners.

Ben,

I can help.

The Again Faster Home Pullup Bar ceiling footprint is 26 x 26 x 50, and mounting hardware is included.

It's meant to mount to studs 48" apart, which is consistent with 16" on-center stick construction garages, the industry standard.

As long as you hit the studs with the included lag bolts, it's rock solid. We don't sell anything that doesn't stand up to CrossFit movements; the whole company is based around serving the CF Community.

The bar itself is just over 1" OD, and can be mounted 14 or 26 below the ceiling. It goes into the bracket, and then is bolted in, all the way through the bar. There's a hole in both the bracket, the upright, and the bar itself to accommodate this.

Regarding your question on our Facebook page, you can totally mount the bar at a 30-degree angle. Again, hit the studs, and assuming your garage is stable, you'll have no issues.

If you have any other questions, just hit us up at 617 460 5999 or [email]service@againfaster.com[/email]. We're open M-Thurs from 9a to 8p, and Friday from 9a to 5p.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Jon Gilson
Owner, Again Faster

Rich Case 10-11-2012 05:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ben,

I can't expand on anything else Jon hasn't already said, but thought I'd post some pix. Rock solid, mounts easy and quickly, head gets close to the ceiling on the top rack, but never hit my noggin yet. You can see a vehicle fits under it, use it for my rings (sorry they're Rogue Jon :) ), etc.

Nike-just do it.

Rich

Stephen Hull 10-11-2012 08:11 AM

Another big thumbs up for the AF pullup bar!

I have one mounted to a 10'4" ceiling, which creates about a little less than a 1' jump and a buddy has one in his garage mounted to a 9' ceiling, which creates a tall reach for my 6' body. Both bars mounted on the bottom rung.

They have been awesome and couldn't imagine a rig being any better. Customer service at AF is also top notch!

Can't go wrong especially at a better price point than everyone else.