CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rogues Ultra Speed Cable Jump Ropes (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=49267)

Francis Palattao 07-26-2009 07:25 PM

Rogues Ultra Speed Cable Jump Ropes

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone had experience with this jump rope and was wondering if this has any special features different from the other jump rope out there.

Thanks

Ahmik Jones 07-26-2009 07:50 PM

Re: Rogues Ultra Speed Cable Jump Ropes

We have a couple at our gym. They are extremely light and fast. Many people who could not get double unders before, finally figured them out on this rope.

Mike Snyder 07-26-2009 10:30 PM

In your facility did you adjust/ cut the rope permanently to different lengths or leave them for adjustment when people use them? I have five out here in iraq and people of various heights using them so i am refraining from cutting any of them but my own. Just wondering. Thanks
Mike Snyder
CF Slayer

William Mahoney 07-26-2009 11:12 PM

i have two of these ropes. i really like them. they are super fast, easy to adjust and are pretty durable. i tried several other ropes and ive had best sucess at double unders with these..

TJ Potts 07-27-2009 07:13 AM

I like mine. Works much better for double unders(its fast). It actually hurts less than my thicker Sports Authority rope. Easy to adjust. I didn't cut mine because there is not alot of extra hanging off for me.

John Dunlap 07-27-2009 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=Francis Palattao;632114]Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone had experience with this jump rope and was wondering if this has any special features different from the other jump rope out there.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

These are about the best ropes I've used. They are the fastest ropes out there and the cables are extremely durable. Only thing I don't like is that the handles are very short and also feel very "cheap". However; for double-unders you will probably not find a better rope.

Ahmik Jones 07-27-2009 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=Mike Snyder;632169]In your facility did you adjust/ cut the rope permanently to different lengths or leave them for adjustment when people use them? I have five out here in iraq and people of various heights using them so i am refraining from cutting any of them but my own. Just wondering. Thanks
Mike Snyder
CF Slayer[/QUOTE]

We cut them to various lengths to accomidate people of different heights. We wanted to make it easy for people to just find a rope of the proper length rather than having to adjust it every time.

Leonid Soubbotine 07-27-2009 11:31 AM

I keep them all standard length. They're excellent ropes - lightest & fastest of all I used.
Have 20 of them.

The only downfall of theirs is when they hang in a bunch they tangle up real good and it takes a few seconds to get them out, but that's minor.

And they last. After salvaging 10 buddy lee ropes within 3-4 months of use - these are all working with 0 problems (I tightened the screw on all of them in the beginning after one or two going loose and that never happened since in the last 4 months).

Noah Martin 07-27-2009 01:14 PM

I got one and I cut it too short.
So stupid.

Fern Webb 07-27-2009 03:48 PM

you can buy just the replacement cable for a few dollars:

WFS

[url]http://www.buyjumpropes.net/Replacement_PVC_Cords_and_Cables_p/027%20replacement%20pvc%20cords%20and.htm[/url]

Jeremy Raffer 07-29-2009 11:22 AM

I have had mine for a few days now. Verrrrry fast. Didn't cut it because the left overs dont affect my jumps.

Suhaila Sundararajan 07-29-2009 12:38 PM

[QUOTE=Noah Martin;632550]I got one and I cut it too short.
So stupid.[/QUOTE]

Noah, how short is your rope now? I assume it's useless to you since it's "too short". If it's the right length for me, I'd like to buy it from you if possible. I'm in Mississauga ON so I can even come pick it up in person if need be.

Christopher Obuchowski 07-29-2009 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Mike Snyder;632169]In your facility did you adjust/ cut the rope permanently to different lengths or leave them for adjustment when people use them? I have five out here in iraq and people of various heights using them so i am refraining from cutting any of them but my own. Just wondering. Thanks
Mike Snyder
CF Slayer[/QUOTE]

Don't cut them, if you have multiple users of different heights.
Tie an overhand knot in the rope by the handle; this will take a couple inches off the rope. check for length. Tie as many knots as you need to get the correct length.
Takes only a couple of seconds to adjust for each person, and the knots come out easily for the next person.

chriso

Noah Martin 07-29-2009 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=Suhaila Sundararajan;634106]Noah, how short is your rope now? I assume it's useless to you since it's "too short". If it's the right length for me, I'd like to buy it from you if possible. I'm in Mississauga ON so I can even come pick it up in person if need be.[/QUOTE]

That's too far to come pick up. Would be a 3+ hr drive. I will measure it tonight and let you know.

Aaron Gainer 07-29-2009 04:23 PM

Honestly, I would just buy a rope from buyjumpropes.net . The regular plastic pvc rope they have for 3.20 serves the same basic purpose as the everlast speed rope, just cheaper and easily adjustable without cutting.

I have that, a speed cable rope from them, and the ultra speed rope. I like the ultra speed rope, but I find myself using the cheaper one lately for some reason.

Either way, don't overpay for a jump rope. You can do any trick in the book with enough practice, conditioning, and having patience to adapt.

Noah Martin 07-30-2009 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=Aaron Gainer;634271]Honestly, I would just buy a rope from buyjumpropes.net . The regular plastic pvc rope they have for 3.20 serves the same basic purpose as the everlast speed rope, just cheaper and easily adjustable without cutting.

I have that, a speed cable rope from them, and the ultra speed rope. I like the ultra speed rope, but I find myself using the cheaper one lately for some reason.

Either way, don't overpay for a jump rope. You can do any trick in the book with enough practice, conditioning, and having patience to adapt.[/QUOTE]

I just purchased two replacements for my ultra speed rope and one of the cheaper $3.29 ones for travel.