CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rogues Ultra Speed Cable Jump Ropes (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=49267)

Jeremy Raffer 07-29-2009 11:22 AM

Re: Rogues Ultra Speed Cable Jump Ropes

I have had mine for a few days now. Verrrrry fast. Didn't cut it because the left overs dont affect my jumps.

Suhaila Sundararajan 07-29-2009 12:38 PM

[QUOTE=Noah Martin;632550]I got one and I cut it too short.
So stupid.[/QUOTE]

Noah, how short is your rope now? I assume it's useless to you since it's "too short". If it's the right length for me, I'd like to buy it from you if possible. I'm in Mississauga ON so I can even come pick it up in person if need be.

Christopher Obuchowski 07-29-2009 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Mike Snyder;632169]In your facility did you adjust/ cut the rope permanently to different lengths or leave them for adjustment when people use them? I have five out here in iraq and people of various heights using them so i am refraining from cutting any of them but my own. Just wondering. Thanks
Mike Snyder
CF Slayer[/QUOTE]

Don't cut them, if you have multiple users of different heights.
Tie an overhand knot in the rope by the handle; this will take a couple inches off the rope. check for length. Tie as many knots as you need to get the correct length.
Takes only a couple of seconds to adjust for each person, and the knots come out easily for the next person.

chriso

Noah Martin 07-29-2009 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=Suhaila Sundararajan;634106]Noah, how short is your rope now? I assume it's useless to you since it's "too short". If it's the right length for me, I'd like to buy it from you if possible. I'm in Mississauga ON so I can even come pick it up in person if need be.[/QUOTE]

That's too far to come pick up. Would be a 3+ hr drive. I will measure it tonight and let you know.

Aaron Gainer 07-29-2009 04:23 PM

Honestly, I would just buy a rope from buyjumpropes.net . The regular plastic pvc rope they have for 3.20 serves the same basic purpose as the everlast speed rope, just cheaper and easily adjustable without cutting.

I have that, a speed cable rope from them, and the ultra speed rope. I like the ultra speed rope, but I find myself using the cheaper one lately for some reason.

Either way, don't overpay for a jump rope. You can do any trick in the book with enough practice, conditioning, and having patience to adapt.

Noah Martin 07-30-2009 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=Aaron Gainer;634271]Honestly, I would just buy a rope from buyjumpropes.net . The regular plastic pvc rope they have for 3.20 serves the same basic purpose as the everlast speed rope, just cheaper and easily adjustable without cutting.

I have that, a speed cable rope from them, and the ultra speed rope. I like the ultra speed rope, but I find myself using the cheaper one lately for some reason.

Either way, don't overpay for a jump rope. You can do any trick in the book with enough practice, conditioning, and having patience to adapt.[/QUOTE]

I just purchased two replacements for my ultra speed rope and one of the cheaper $3.29 ones for travel.