CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Community (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Where's the Girl Power? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=23010)

Stephanie Roberts 10-26-2007 06:04 PM

Where's the Girl Power?

I just started CrossFit this week...I completed my 4th workout today and I am absolutely HOOKED! I'm a female and as I read through some of these posts, I note that most of them are from males? Where's the Girl Power, ladies? :notworth: I know that there has to be some of you out there who are as psyched about CrossFit as I am. I am looking forward to continuing my training and learning more about the CrossFit philosophy and idea. Happy training to all!

David Sailor 10-26-2007 06:32 PM

Re: Where's the Girl Power?

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome. Although I'm not what your are looking for, try checking out the blog under the daily WOD's, there are plenty of women there posting their results and they are very inspirational. David

Derek Maffett 10-26-2007 06:35 PM

Look in the Ten Pound Challenge in Workout Logs, plenty of girls in there. Also see Crossfit legends Annie, Eva, Nicole. And one of the two ultra-moderators around here is Lynn Pitts.

Steve Liberati 10-26-2007 07:22 PM

Welcome Stephanie. If you haven't meant Jackie, Nicole, Elizabeth, Cindy, Barbara, Grace and the other girls yet, you will soon. Caution, some of them are pretty vicious:>)

Derek Maffett 10-26-2007 07:38 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot about them. They're just mean, though. Never do much around here except slug you in the jaw, kick you in the side, and steal your lunch money.

Steve Liberati 10-26-2007 07:51 PM

....and yet we go back for more. What gives?

Susie Rosenberg 10-27-2007 05:15 AM

Hey Stephanie,

:welcome:

Check out my affiliate's webpage for a picture of lots of female Crossfitters: [url]www.albanycrossfit.com[/url] (w/f safe)

There's plenty of us posting here, too. Right now, I'm working on getting my first pullup, and several women who can do them are giving me tips and rooting for me (Kim and Gina and Cal come to mind). It may be a virtual community, but it's real.

I sure do understand your enthusiasm...:)

Susie

Lynne Pitts 10-27-2007 06:51 AM

[quote=Derek Maffett;208921]Look in the Ten Pound Challenge in Workout Logs, plenty of girls in there. Also see Crossfit legends Annie, Eva, Nicole. And one of the two ultra-moderators around here is Lynn Pitts.[/quote]

Lynne, actually. Thanks for the props, and enjoy those Tabata HSPUs; standard penance for committing the vile evil "Lynn" sin. :evilsmile

Theresa Meyer 10-27-2007 08:13 AM

Welcome, Stephanie!

I post around here every now and then. Would love to hear more about your experiences with CF!

Annlee Hines 10-27-2007 08:14 AM

And there are a few of us mere plebs who hang around and offer the occasional post. You'll find several females posting often in the nutrition forum, as well as the exercises and the firness forums (and now you know where I hang around). Well, that and the equipment forum -- but then, I am an engineeer ....