CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   THE RUBBERMAN (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=13413)

Douglas Chapman 07-24-2006 01:48 PM

Hey all!

I just recieved my matting and bumpers from the Rubberman. I wanted to say the prices were great, the service was excellent and the quality of the mats are exceptional. They shipped them directly to me via semi which made the off load easy. (Provided you have a dock)

If you are setting up a place, they are the ones to call for mats.

Doug
CrossFit Ann Arbor

PS: The new place opens August 1st.

Jay Soto 07-24-2006 09:53 PM

How are their plates compared to Kraiburg and BFS? I really want to purchase some but just want to make sure I make the right choice.

Bryan Edge 07-25-2006 06:03 AM

Make this another call for an opinion on their plates. I'm hoping to be able to spring for some pretty soon...

Paul Findley 07-25-2006 08:14 AM

They are "Kraiburg"

Owen Graham 07-25-2006 01:50 PM

I bought bumpers from The Rubber Man and had great service. They are Kraiburg. And comparing my Kraiburgs and York bumpers for anyone who is wondering...the only difference is the name on the plates. They look EXACTLY the same.

Allison Foreman 07-27-2006 12:19 PM

I offer Crossfit members York Barbell Solid Rubber Training Plate sets (lbs) for $392 plus freight. Also have SRTP in kg, as well as microloading plates in 1.25, 2.5, & 5 kg. E-me if you have an interest - just need your zip for freight calculations! Allison Foreman, York Barbell

Paul Findley 07-27-2006 12:37 PM

Wow, bumpers are getting just as competative on the forum as kettlebells...it's good, keeps prices down.

Douglas Chapman 07-27-2006 01:09 PM

Says a lot for capitalism.

Joseph A. Caldwell 07-31-2006 07:40 AM

Doug and Owen, thanks for the great recommendations. Just for the record, therubberman's $550 deal is open to anybody...a CF'er price for a full LB set of Black (260 lbs) is $351.00, plus freight. That's $1.35 per lb,plus freight, so CF'ers still get a better deal. Also, therubberman's KG price is $445.50, plus freight for a full set in Black. Again that is $1.35 per lb plus freight. We also do colors, some if high school coaches like that because they can monitor the "lifting" easier. The CF price is $1.62 per lb plus freight.

Eric Allen Kerr 07-31-2006 09:59 AM

My Kraigburg's just arrived about an hour ago. I purchased them from the rubberman.com for $518 including shipping (260#) and a 10% Crossfit discount. I ended up going with a set of the colored bumpers since it was only ~$60 more and these things should last for a long time.

Had a little mix up on the shipping. The shipping service they used accidentally put them on the wrong truck Friday, so I had to wait until today to get the bumpers. No big loss since I was out of town this weekend.

The truck the shipping service sent out had a lift and hand truck, so the driver toted them down to the garage for me, unloaded them, and then removed the pallet they were on so I didn't have to deal with getting rid of it.

One of the bumpers had come out of the package and was a little dirty, but I figure they are only going to get dirtier come this evening :-)

I'd have to say that I'm 90% satisfied with the whole deal at this point.