CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Nik Nichols 10-19-2009 06:19 AM

Re: A Bears Tale

Wooo Scott, that is Strong!! Great job. I will really have to be on my game today to catch you, that is past my PR as well.

Scott Jenkins 10-19-2009 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik Nichols (Post 682237)
Wooo Scott, that is Strong!! Great job. I will really have to be on my game today to catch you, that is past my PR as well.

Go get it Nik, I want a 100lb+ pull up from you today. I usually pull as high as I can then kick the last bit up, it gets those few extra lbs!! Also really psych yourself up for each max rep, stamping and shouting works well for me.

Matthew Green 10-19-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 682236)
ps. double unders and running are nasty, give it a go, you could even do 10 rounds of 10 double unders/50m sprints as I know you prefer short hard runs.

I will be in the park training a guy tonight (Means that i'm a day behind on the CFFB page so will have to catch up on Wed) so your workout will be ideal for when I've finished, I generally do the same workout as him but keep at his pace which means that i'm never tired out.

Scott Jenkins 10-19-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Green (Post 682239)
I will be in the park training a guy tonight (Means that i'm a day behind on the CFFB page so will have to catch up on Wed) so your workout will be ideal for when I've finished, I generally do the same workout as him but keep at his pace which means that i'm never tired out.

Well if your training him I would expect you to go faster, any reason for you staying at hes pace or is it just so you can keep pushing him on. Definately be good to hit something extra afterwards to get your metcon done properly.

Do you find the CFFB a bit repetitive. Seems they have a very limited number of variations and rep schemes to me, then again main page is the most unrepetitive programme I have ever seen which is why I like it so much.

Matthew Green 10-19-2009 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 682246)
Well if your training him I would expect you to go faster, any reason for you staying at hes pace or is it just so you can keep pushing him on. Definately be good to hit something extra afterwards to get your metcon done properly.

It's specific to this guy, he's not unfit but tends to slow down if he sees me bombing it through a workout, but if I maintain his pace while keeping good form (ie. without stopping to make it look like i'm letting him catch up) he tends to push that little bit harder, kind of like a dog if you throw it's ball too far.

People need pushing in different ways, you need to keep Danni focused or she gets really frustrated and we found out this weekend that she tends to push harder in metcons if she's being chased, and the other guy I train you have to give him something to chase.

I agree with you on CFFB but it's giving me some good gains so i'm sticking with it for now, the mainpage is the other way for me, to unstructured, I need something midway really. PM possibly.

Scott Jenkins 10-19-2009 07:18 AM

Thats good that you have worked them out, and how to get the best out of each different person, should help well when you start personal training full time. Im not qualified as a PT or have ever took money for training anyone but I often train people for free. This guy I trained recently I noticed took far too many breaks in hes timed workouts than he needed too and I think its purely because all he has ever done is timed WODs where you rest and go just to get through it. When given a simple set of 3 x 10 untimed he actually stopped on rep 5 let go of the bar and went again. Its the first time I see someone so use to breaking when needed that they broke a strength set.

Yep main page is very diverse which takes away from any structure, it has to be or we would not make gains on everything like you need to compete at something like the games. Thats why I always have a sideline going on as well as main page, like right now SP/close grip bench to get my HSPU's stronger.

Matthew Green 10-19-2009 07:41 AM

You need to have those little projects to work on, most of the time it's weakness' that you feel you need to improve on, sometimes it's bragging rights of a 3x BW deadlift, I think that either way you get something positive out of it at the end.

Would like to add that I'm currently training ppl for free :p It's so that I can stand out from the crowd with a portfolio of sucessfull clients before I begin....... I'm a determined f****r when I need to be ;)

Leon Robotham 10-20-2009 12:53 AM

What have you got cooking for this weeks challenge Mr Jenkins?

Scott Jenkins 10-20-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Robotham (Post 682797)
What have you got cooking for this weeks challenge Mr Jenkins?

Right here it comes then, guess its a week since you announced yours:-

CHALLENGE

100 chest to bar pull ups for time.

At the start of every minute perform 7 burpees (games standard). This includes performing 7 burpees at the start of the workout. Keir at the affiliate gave me the idea of using the set up of 'Kalsu' for different things :evilsmile

Matthew Green 10-20-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 682807)

CHALLENGE

100 chest to bar pull ups for time.

At the start of every minute perform 7 burpees (games standard). This includes performing 7 burpees at the start of the workout. Keir at the affiliate gave me the idea of using the set up of 'Kalsu' for different things :evilsmile

Bastard!