CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Scott Jenkins 10-14-2009 12:11 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Birch (Post 679297)
Nice work on Elizabeth, Scott:highfive:. You crushed my time, there must be something in the air over there:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Privitera (Post 679299)
Damn dude that is fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik Nichols (Post 679352)
Great work Scott, i knew you would kill it. How did the cleans feel other then grip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek (Post 679353)
Great Elizabeth time Scott ! :highfive:

Thanks Murray, Greg, Nik & Richard. Really happy with the squat cleans which was a weakness of mine, getting under the bar much lower now!! Ring dips are always like a breath break for me on this one.

Matthew Green 10-14-2009 01:37 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Hi Scott, Just emailed CF Velocity asking if they have any room for an unafilliated Green for the invitational.

Nice work on Elizabeth, she's one of the Girl's I've not attempted as Rx'd yet since only learning dips recently.

Scott Jenkins 10-14-2009 02:07 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Green (Post 679642)
Hi Scott, Just emailed CF Velocity asking if they have any room for an unafilliated Green for the invitational.

Nice work on Elizabeth, she's one of the Girl's I've not attempted as Rx'd yet since only learning dips recently.

Great news, I am certain they will have no problem with you joining in the fun. In the evening they are having an AMRAP with rounds of drink also.

You only learnt dips recently, not too much to learn with them, down then up and repeat. What I like most about my Elizabeth is that 18 months ago I got 8 minutes something with power cleans and now I can beat that with squat cleans.

Jesse Emers 10-14-2009 02:35 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
AMRAP with drinks- sounds like my kind of WOD:D

Matthew Green 10-14-2009 02:42 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 679644)
You only learnt dips recently, not too much to learn with them, down then up and repeat. What I like most about my Elizabeth is that 18 months ago I got 8 minutes something with power cleans and now I can beat that with squat cleans.

Yeah, it was more getting used to the rings, once I could do 1 I could do 10 a couple of weeks later.

It's the ROM on squat cleans that kills my times, I hadn't done full squat cleans for months before doing Kempies challange and 3 had me gasping.

Scott Jenkins 10-14-2009 02:43 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Emers (Post 679649)
AMRAP with drinks- sounds like my kind of WOD:D

Were doing the 'Centurion' at Christmas in the affiliate Jesse, a shot of beer and a burpee every minute for 100 minutes!!

Leon Robotham 10-14-2009 05:04 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Kempie mentioned the Velocity fun weekend, it's something i'd like to get down to but not sure I can. Can you like the details for me as I cant find it on their site and i'll see what I can do to make it down. If it's late in Nov it'll probs be a no for me as it'll be closing on my fight.

Scott Jenkins 10-14-2009 05:14 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Robotham (Post 679672)
Kempie mentioned the Velocity fun weekend, it's something i'd like to get down to but not sure I can. Can you like the details for me as I cant find it on their site and i'll see what I can do to make it down. If it's late in Nov it'll probs be a no for me as it'll be closing on my fight.

I have emailed you the details Leon. Your gym was on the email list so maybe Kempie has already received an invite for you all. CF Velocity do not seem to have any details about it on there website so thats all I know so far, going to check that Keir's put our entry in today.

Nik Nichols 10-14-2009 06:47 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 679644)
Great news, I am certain they will have no problem with you joining in the fun. In the evening they are having an AMRAP with rounds of drink also.

You only learnt dips recently, not too much to learn with them, down then up and repeat. What I like most about my Elizabeth is that 18 months ago I got 8 minutes something with power cleans and now I can beat that with squat cleans.

Plus you have been working on the oly movement. I have found that in my workouts being I'm not as strong as you guys, that form, even just a little bit of form fixing equals great time gains and uses less energy to do the same work.

Scott Jenkins 10-14-2009 06:52 AM

Re: A Bears Tale
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik Nichols (Post 679712)
Plus you have been working on the oly movement. I have found that in my workouts being I'm not as strong as you guys, that form, even just a little bit of form fixing equals great time gains and uses less energy to do the same work.

Thats exactly whats going to happen to me today when I hit Leon's challenge. Need to get in some Hang Squat Snatch practice before starting as last time I done the movement I had to power snatch then overhead squat which lost a lot of time.

Your stronger than me overhead right now Nik, you got me on the thruster recently remember.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.