CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   CrossPit (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fedor vs Werdum (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=59171)

Celio Silva 06-24-2010 09:43 AM

Fedor vs Werdum

Anyone watching Strikeforce this weekend? I know most MMA heads here will since is FREE and considering who is fighting. And i know yall have your picks too so lay them down :evilsmile

Fedor vs [B]Werdum[/B] Submission Armbar

[B]Smith[/B] vs Le KO

[B]Cyborg[/B] vs Finney KO

[B]Thompsom[/B] vs Healy Decision

Enjoy the fights!

Graeme Howland 06-24-2010 02:06 PM

Re: Fedor vs Werdum

Big Fedor fan, but for some reason I am a bit nervous about this fight? I'm not sure he's truly been tested in the fights since Pride, and Werdum is decent, but I will still take Fedor by KO (punch).

Interested to see the female fight, haven't seen a female MMA bout before.

Ned Ferguson 06-24-2010 05:11 PM

I can't believe you're picking Werdum. You're quite the contrarian. He's got to get Fedor down to submit him and Fedor has heavy hands.

I hope Fedor doesn't lose. It will be sad to see the end of the era of Fedor. Plus, I really would like to see Fedor v. Overeem.

Matthew Payne 06-24-2010 05:20 PM

Fedor by first round K.O OR a sub.

Celio Silva 06-25-2010 08:24 AM

[QUOTE=Ned Ferguson;802095]I can't believe you're picking Werdum. You're quite the contrarian. He's got to get Fedor down to submit him and Fedor has heavy hands.

I hope Fedor doesn't lose. It will be sad to see the end of the era of Fedor. Plus, I really would like to see Fedor v. Overeem.[/QUOTE]

:yikes: :D it's funny, i don't mean to be that way, is just that fighting is just that, a fight, and with each fight anything can happen. In MMA you often hear that, and that styles make fights, and it's true. It's the very essence of the sport and upsets are bound to happen. You gotta go with each fight, and not get hang up on any fighter.

I can hardly believe I am picking against Fedor too, but right now you gotta give Werdum the momentum. Werdum is ready and is Fedor's biggest threat in a loooonnnnnng time. Werdum is being underestimated in the same way that Shields was going against Henderson, granted Werdum's challenge is MUCH bigger (Hendo is overrated).

Werdum is a world-class fearless & fierce warrior, and it's unbelieavable how people are simply writing him off. It goes to show how people put way too much stock in one fighter and don't give all fighters their due credit.

David M Tillotson 06-26-2010 09:45 AM

Fedor by T.K.O. in the first round.

Scott Moore. 06-26-2010 08:02 PM

I feel bad for Jan Finny playing punching bag for Cyborg, especially for the shoddy refree work...that fight should've been stopped in the first round.

Props to her for keeping on fighting.

Steven Low 06-26-2010 09:06 PM

Well, there ya go.... O_O

Fedor loses. Pretty disappointed with how that turned out.... I think maybe he was over confident against sub attempts since he's had some bouts with good subbers like Nogueira where he just jumped into their guard and dominated anyway. Who knows. Maybe he will retire after this.

Le's kicks were amazing as well.

Ned Ferguson 06-27-2010 03:54 AM

It's a sad day. Everybody loses sooner or later but it was fun keeping the legend alive. Now it's over.

Ryan Hoegner 06-28-2010 01:37 PM

great card!