CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 12-28-2010 06:54 AM

Re: Nik

Seven rounds for time of:
185 pound Front squat, 3 reps
7 L-pull-ups

8:07
last timeTime 9:18

Good one. Fun and almost do able. FSs unbroken. Pullups good but broken, best was 5 unbroken reps deep and head through arms at bottom. But most pullups first was 3or 4 reps. It got better as I went on them. When I'd drop out of the ''L'' I'd take a breath and go again.

Biggest breaks were after the pullups and getting ready to pick up the bar for another round. Like arround 5 big breaths and rack it, then a breath at the top, maybe two in the later rounds. (I hold my breath in the squat to make sure my core is tight in the bottom.) good way to wake up.

Scott, you and Ernie will be faster. That is an easier weight for you and I see you guys going faster on the squats. That and being more confident going up to the bar. I was catching my breath at the bar and focused on tight core.

As you can tell I'm still on the metcon buzz and chatty!

Oh and I beat the girls on the mainpage post times:rofl:

Scott Jenkins 12-28-2010 07:14 AM

Thats a very quick time Nik, I knew you would beat my time as you did on this one last time around, my L-pull ups are not that great, long legs and all, front squats were definately the speed bump on this one.

Congrats on whooping main page girls!! :pepper:

Ernie Guevara 12-28-2010 07:41 AM

That's a fast time nik even for girls lol. Just keep getting better at not staring at the bar too long. Make it 4 breaths and grab the bar instead of 5. Then keep lowering it and lowering it.

Nik Nichols 12-28-2010 07:48 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;884076]Thats a very quick time Nik, I knew you would beat my time as you did on this one last time around, my L-pull ups are not that great, long legs and all, front squats were definately the speed bump on this one.

Congrats on whooping main page girls!! :pepper:[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA that made me laught Scott!! I'll show those girls! Yea, my ''L'' pullups were good today, easy to stay on them.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;884084]That's a fast time nik even for girls lol. Just keep getting better at not staring at the bar too long. Make it 4 breaths and grab the bar instead of 5. Then keep lowering it and lowering it.[/QUOTE]

That is it there Ernie. That and more time front sqiuating for confidence. I knew I could do it ok.

Nik Nichols 12-28-2010 09:25 AM

10:00 break

HSPU's 11reps. Just didn't have the 15. I would have waited till tomorrow, but i go to the dentist in the morning and i hope they yank my tooth, but being upside down after that. I don't think so.

Nik Nichols 12-28-2010 12:05 PM

Squat
up to 215lbs x5

bench for fun, Brady wanted to bench
up to 175lbs x5

Somehhigh hang squat clean work up to 155lbs

100 du not for time, just to TRY and work on shoulder endurance.

Easy day.

Nik Nichols 12-29-2010 07:58 AM

About to head to the dentest, I hope to God they yank that sucker out and be done with it!:yikes:

Scott Jenkins 12-29-2010 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;884456]About to head to the dentest, I hope to God they yank that sucker out and be done with it!:yikes:[/QUOTE]

Good luck Nik, dont forget to leave it under your pillow for the tooth fairy. :p

Nik Nichols 12-30-2010 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;884548]Good luck Nik, dont forget to leave it under your pillow for the tooth fairy. :p[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA!;)

Nik Nichols 12-30-2010 07:51 AM

Well I got my tooth pulled. It came out easy but bled a lot. I am not supose to strain for a couple of days. I asked him about the workout and he said no for a few days. He said if I dislodge the clot and get dry socked I would be in some real pain.

I asked him about HSPU's he just raised his eyebrows.

Sucks. I hope to get a warmup, like situps squats and pushups. I will get real sore if I don't do something.