CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 01:23 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;834868]I was surprised when I see the weight and also surprised that there still posting timed WODs and nothing strength or running based.

My wife woke me up with scrambled eggs on toast but she was rushing and forgot to butter my toast :D, she works Saturdays so to get me up early to drive her there she makes food, however sleepy I am food will get me out of bed.

Hope Martin feels better and get back to bed Nik, you need your energy.[/QUOTE]

That is making me hungre. It made me laugh.

Yea, I don't understand why no heavy, it makes me worry, like the storm looming in the distance. I;m glad we are doing the 531 work, on just the mainpage if they dropped a heavy anything we wouldnt be ready.

I'm off again.I'll check in later.

Oh Martin will be fine, it is laying down and rthe darn pollin right now. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll tell him.

Scott Jenkins 08-28-2010 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;834878]That is making me hungre. It made me laugh.

Yea, I don't understand why no heavy, it makes me worry, like the storm looming in the distance. I;m glad we are doing the 531 work, on just the mainpage if they dropped a heavy anything we wouldnt be ready.

I'm off again.I'll check in later.

Oh Martin will be fine, it is laying down and rthe darn pollin right now. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll tell him.[/QUOTE]

I said to Keir at CF Essex I am glad to be doing the 531 as without that we would probably be really skinny now !! its probably worked out perfect starting it when we did.

See you later mate, gong to hit it up now, I see the argument about jerks or not jerks so I will be trying to put a jerk into my movement, reckon I can cycle jerks quicker than the old video from the vault also.

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 05:35 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;834912]I said to Keir at CF Essex I am glad to be doing the 531 as without that we would probably be really skinny now !! its probably worked out perfect starting it when we did.

See you later mate, gong to hit it up now, I see the argument about jerks or not jerks so I will be trying to put a jerk into my movement, reckon I can cycle jerks quicker than the old video from the vault also.[/QUOTE]

Yea it was pretty fortunant to have picked the 531 up when we did, thanks to Ernie.

I was going to do the jerks too, funny how we can get focused on speed with the best intentions and miss the meaning of the workout. Jerks are not puss presses no matter how strong you are.

It will slow the time down, but it is the movementt of choise.

Scott Jenkins 08-28-2010 05:41 AM

All done and posted Nik, hope you have proper depth bumpers as its a complete nuisance using other weights for the sumo's, guess you are very good at sumo's after all your practice. Go hard Nik but do not worry about rushing, I made that mistake, just keep going nice and smooth.

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 06:24 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;834938]All done and posted Nik, hope you have proper depth bumpers as its a complete nuisance using other weights for the sumo's, guess you are very good at sumo's after all your practice. Go hard Nik but do not worry about rushing, I made that mistake, just keep going nice and smooth.[/QUOTE]

Will do, I thought that being smooth in the begining would be best and try not to burn out. You set a good time though, I will have to be moving.

Scott Jenkins 08-28-2010 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;834943]Will do, I thought that being smooth in the begining would be best and try not to burn out. You set a good time though, I will have to be moving.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine was a very unsmooth mess, I feel mad now and would do it again if I had the bumpers. I stacked a couple of weights and went down to them with the bar but they kept falling over :ranting2:

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;834945]Yeah mine was a very unsmooth mess, I feel mad now and would do it again if I had the bumpers. I stacked a couple of weights and went down to them with the bar but they kept falling over :ranting2:[/QUOTE]

Well with your mess you still out ran me by a long shot.

21-18-15-12-9-6 and 3 rep rounds of:
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds
Push jerk, 75 pounds

time 9:43.

Sumos were hard, but not to bad, I got the first set unbroken and small breaks after, I think I broke the 18 once at 5 reps, and just kept pulling.

The jerks were harder then I though. It was real breathy and not real fast, it was hard to get a fast rythum on them. It is a wierd movement to string together for me. It was jerk, stand recover breath jerk again, I tried to just recover and jerk at the same time, but I would rack it and then get my shoulders set with the bar on them for the next rep.

Scott Jenkins 08-29-2010 01:16 AM

That's not far behind me Nik, great work in breaking the 10min barrier also. Sounds like your push jerks were very strict, just a matter of practising them for speed.

We got a strength workout today, I was shocked.

Nik Nichols 08-29-2010 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;835248]That's not far behind me Nik, great work in breaking the 10min barrier also. Sounds like your push jerks were very strict, just a matter of practising them for speed.

We got a strength workout today, I was shocked.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, I'm hard to please, I saw the squats and was happy, then I though''No metcon, that sucks.'' I have gotten so use to it now.

Thanks on yesterdays, it was a good one. I did it outside in a small breeze. It was good to have desent weather for a workout for once. Iff to go squat. I will do the 5 rounds, this is my week of 3 reps so it fits right in for me, I will just be going heavier.(I hope)

Nik Nichols 08-29-2010 07:35 AM

Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

1. 255lbs
2. 255lbs
3. 265lbs
4. 275lbs
5. 275lbs

last time
1.225lbs
2.245lbs
3.265lbs(oldPR)
4.275lbs
5.285lbs(129.2K)

last,last time and I didn't pr then 175,195,225,245,255lbs

No pr today, short by 10 lbs. Still glad for the lift, it felt great. Heavy at the end. On the 4th set the second rep went forward a bit and I had to fight it up.
5th set last rep I was in the hole and started to push out and kind of gasses out and dropped back in the hole and kind of bounced out of it, if that makes sense. Good depth all.