CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-27-2010 09:56 AM

Re: Nik

10:00 break

10 min of deep squat.

I made all 10 min with out a break
It was tough. but more of a dull soreness. If anyone is going to do thes. (Scott if you havent gone yet) Bring something to read. It makes it go by faster and distracts from it a bit.

Oh feet were farward but notparallel. Knees out not in. elbows either on knees or inside. Feet about shoulder width or a bit closer.

No lunch today, I have to work through.

Nik Nichols 08-27-2010 01:32 PM

531 secind cycle first week

bench
3 sets of 5 reps
150lbs,170lbs
190lbs x8reps (I think I had 1or 2 reps more, but no spot)

Light snach work at 85lbs
on the min for 5 min 1squat snach and 1 hang squat snach.

Nik Nichols 08-27-2010 06:40 PM

Push jerks, not push press tomorrow.

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 12:49 AM

You up Scott? I see your name.

Scott Jenkins 08-28-2010 12:53 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;834826]You up Scott? I see your name.[/QUOTE]

Good morning Nik, just logging my class from last night. I will be going and hitting todays WOD in about 2 hours, once I have woke up properly.

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 12:58 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;834830]Good morning Nik, just logging my class from last night. I will be going and hitting todays WOD in about 2 hours, once I have woke up properly.[/QUOTE]

Morning, Martin woke me up with a bit of a runny nose(alergies) I'm waiting to be sure he is out befor I go back to bed, it's 2:50 A.M. for me. What do you think of todays workout? Are you going to go for speed and push press it or push jerk? Did you see the debate on the comments page? And one more question, did you see the demo videos?

I'll check you log now for last nights fun.

Scott Jenkins 08-28-2010 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;834835]Morning, Martin woke me up with a bit of a runny nose(alergies) I'm waiting to be sure he is out befor I go back to bed, it's 2:50 A.M. for me. What do you think of todays workout? Are you going to go for speed and push press it or push jerk? Did you see the debate on the comments page? And one more question, did you see the demo videos?

I'll check you log now for last nights fun.[/QUOTE]

Definately going for speed, the weight is light so it will just be a matter of getting as much work done before breaking and then keeping the breaks to a minimum. Its a sprint so speeds the only way for all of us Nik, I reckon the sumo's will be the harder part. As for the push jerks, I will be go with them like Rob O did with a short bounce hip drive, the getting under jerk portion with that weight would just slow me down.

Not had time to read comments yet, get too hungry first thing in the moring!! Sounds like a bit of summer hay fever with Martin, I wondered why you was awake at this time.

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;834845]Definately going for speed, the weight is light so it will just be a matter of getting as much work done before breaking and then keeping the breaks to a minimum. Its a sprint so speeds the only way for all of us Nik, I reckon the sumo's will be the harder part. As for the push jerks, I will be go with them like Rob O did with a short bounce hip drive, the getting under jerk portion with that weight would just slow me down.

Not had time to read comments yet, get too hungry first thing in the moring!! Sounds like a bit of summer hay fever with Martin, I wondered why you was awake at this time.[/QUOTE]

Eh I'm not a heavy sleeper either way.

Yea, it looked almost silly for Rob as light as it was(no offence, it would be like me doing the bar). At first it looked like he was shoulder pressing it. I though to myself ''He's going to press this whole workout!'' But I saw the slight dip he did. The man is strong for sure.

Yea, Martin suffers with alergies, I hope it is something he grows out of quick.

Well eat up and Gods speed buddy, whats for breakfast?
The sumos will be the thing. The presses or jerkes will be a gasser really.

Nik Nichols 08-28-2010 01:18 AM

Well I'm off to bad befor I wake up totaly. I'll look for you time for today's later. Go kil it.

Scott Jenkins 08-28-2010 01:18 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;834853]Eh I'm not a heavy sleeper either way.

Yea, it looked almost silly for Rob as light as it was(no offence, it would be like me doing the bar). At first it looked like he was shoulder pressing it. I though to myself ''He's going to press this whole workout!'' But I saw the slight dip he did. The man is strong for sure.

Yea, Martin suffers with alergies, I hope it is something he grows out of quick.

Well eat up and Gods speed buddy, whats for breakfast?
The sumos will be the thing. The presses or jerkes will be a gasser really.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised when I see the weight and also surprised that there still posting timed WODs and nothing strength or running based.

My wife woke me up with scrambled eggs on toast but she was rushing and forgot to butter my toast :D, she works Saturdays so to get me up early to drive her there she makes food, however sleepy I am food will get me out of bed.

Hope Martin feels better and get back to bed Nik, you need your energy.