CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Anthony Mattox 08-20-2010 05:01 PM

Re: Nik

Nik, it's kind of funny (odd) how we, well most of us, have weak areas. This goes without saying strong areas as well. You've had some really good workouts and obviously in great shape anyway. I always look forward to dips. Go figure. Unlike Laurie, I don't really look forward to squats - better now. And I despise burpees(any workout w/more than 5 per round)! Hang in there. I hope it will all come together before I meet my Maker.
Tony

Nik Nichols 08-20-2010 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;831140]Even my pinkies have rope burn!! :rofl:[/QUOTE]
AHAHA funny I just got out of the shower and my shin and inner thigh are rashed, fingers are a bit sore but going away pretty quick.
[QUOTE=Anthony Mattox;831157]Nik, it's kind of funny (odd) how we, well most of us, have weak areas. This goes without saying strong areas as well. You've had some really good workouts and obviously in great shape anyway. I always look forward to dips. Go figure. Unlike Laurie, I don't really look forward to squats - better now. And I despise burpees(any workout w/more than 5 per round)! Hang in there. I hope it will all come together before I meet my Maker.
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks bud, I'm pretty happy most days, Heavy metcon gets me draggin alot.

Scott Jenkins 08-21-2010 12:44 AM

Great 7 minute PR Nik, your rope climbing must of really improved since last time around. Feeling really left out not having a rope here :mad:

Nik Nichols 08-21-2010 05:11 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;831239]Great 7 minute PR Nik, your rope climbing must of really improved since last time around. Feeling really left out not having a rope here :mad:[/QUOTE]

I know it Scott, If you had one, where would you hang it? You would have to climb a tree for a warm up be fro the workout. But you really do need one. It is a whole different thing. Same for me for the rower. I have only ever been on one.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2010 06:22 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;831239]Great 7 minute PR Nik, your rope climbing must of really improved since last time around. Feeling really left out not having a rope here :mad:[/QUOTE]

Oh I forgot to say, you are right on the rope climb being better. I did 3 assents the other day back to back for fun, so I had more confidence going into it yesterday. I wqas able to get back on the rope faster too, not so long iof breaks this time, no pitty party this time.

Scott Jenkins 08-21-2010 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;831294]Oh I forgot to say, you are right on the rope climb being better. I did 3 assents the other day back to back for fun, so I had more confidence going into it yesterday. I wqas able to get back on the rope faster too, not so long iof breaks this time, no pitty party this time.[/QUOTE]

That's a great saying 'Pity Party', read that first on Lee Hill's log and it is so true of what happens to us sometimes when monty gets hold.

I have climbed a rope once like you and rowing, it was about 30ft in a gymnastics centre and I actually went up so high that I looked down and thought 'Oh No' got to get down now.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2010 07:10 AM

30-25-20-15 and 10 rep rounds of:
Burpees
Box jumps, 24 inch box
Toes to bar

time 26:38

oh man that had me gasping and heaving.

Burpees unbroken but slow, not at the top, but going through the burpee wasnt real fast.

Box jumpd were real slow, I still can't pogo them.

Toe to bar on rings
15reps every round even the last one(brain fart)
then it was5s to finish.

I'm a sweaty heap and I'm going home. Have fun everyone.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2010 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;831305]That's a great saying 'Pity Party', read that first on Lee Hill's log and it is so true of what happens to us sometimes when monty gets hold.

I have climbed a rope once like you and rowing, it was about 30ft in a gymnastics centre and I actually went up so high that I looked down and thought 'Oh No' got to get down now.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, yea, it wasa pity party last time. I was thinking of how hard it was and I didn't want to go up again, but once I grabbed the rope I wasnt coming back down till i got the assent. Monty is bad.

That is the ''fun'' of rope climbing, the oh man I'm way up here, I CANT fail now. There really is a fear element to climbing a rope after you start getting tired.

Scott Jenkins 08-21-2010 08:04 AM

Well I am looking forward to that breathing sweat fest tomorrow morning Nik, sounds like you killed the toes to bar also. I am going to stick to the bar ones as thee probably what will come up in competition.

Looks like a fast target with your time for me, thanks.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2010 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;831325]Well I am looking forward to that breathing sweat fest tomorrow morning Nik, sounds like you killed the toes to bar also. I am going to stick to the bar ones as thee probably what will come up in competition.

Looks like a fast target with your time for me, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I am with you on the toe to bar, they are really the best solution for me right now. I have never see ring toe to bar. And like you said, bar is what is in comps. So definately go with them.

I don't know how fast it was comparing. after the burpees I didn't go straight into the boxjumps and the box jumps and burpees were slow, so there is some real romm for speed and better times. I really need to figure out the box jumps and work on the pogo method to get the done faster.

I did about 5 or 6 reps pogo, but lost it as soon as I got it. It showes I don't work on them either.