CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 07-29-2009 03:25 AM

Re: Nik

Brave work with that 135lb's Nik, again with your bodyweight that is very impressive and 5 HSPU's is that your PR?

Nik Nichols 07-29-2009 06:10 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;633723]Brave work with that 135lb's Nik, again with your bodyweight that is very impressive and 5 HSPU's is that your PR?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I wish I could have gotten more rounds, but I finished the 5 round right at the start of the 6th round and didn't rest going in to it. I know lifting that heavy at my BW will get me stronger, so I really try not to scal if I can help it.

I have gotten 6 strict HSPU's, but after all the hand stand work I was lucky for 5. Also I did them more to mess with Rachel then anything else.

Up for the 10k I expect.

Scott Jenkins 07-29-2009 06:24 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;633783]Thanks Scott, I wish I could have gotten more rounds, but I finished the 5 round right at the start of the 6th round and didn't rest going in to it. I know lifting that heavy at my BW will get me stronger, so I really try not to scal if I can help it.

I have gotten 6 strict HSPU's, but after all the hand stand work I was lucky for 5. Also I did them more to mess with Rachel then anything else.

Up for the 10k I expect.[/QUOTE]

I went into my last round after just competing the one before and its so hard, I knew that I would not get another after how hard the 9th was.

You know I am up for the 10k, we have not had a 15k for ages :D

Nik Nichols 07-29-2009 06:27 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;633794]I went into my last round after just competing the one before and its so hard, I knew that I would not get another after how hard the 9th was.

You know I am up for the 10k, we have not had a 15k for ages :D[/QUOTE]

We do 15K's???? I have never seen one!

Scott Jenkins 07-29-2009 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;633800]We do 15K's???? I have never seen one![/QUOTE]

Just over a year ago they posted a 15k, I remember having to stop and stretch my hamstrings every 5 minutes towards the end, hard hard day that was.

Nik Nichols 07-29-2009 06:31 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;633804]Just over a year ago they posted a 15k, I remember having to stop and stretch my hamstrings every 5 minutes towards the end, hard hard day that was.[/QUOTE]

WOW, I would love a go at that, in that ''I will never servive this'' kind of way.

It took me 59min last time, and I walked a bit at the last. I hope to not have to stop and get a better time.

Scott Jenkins 07-29-2009 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;633807]WOW, I would love a go at that, in that ''I will never servive this'' kind of way.

It took me 59min last time, and I walked a bit at the last. I hope to not have to stop and get a better time.[/QUOTE]

If I had money to gamble I would put it on us both to get PR's today and good ones at that. Your going to bet under 55 minutes today Nik, just use that 'High Stepping Walk' :rofl:

Nik Nichols 07-29-2009 08:18 AM

Right Scott! No stopping for me.

10:00 break
wide grip deadhang pullups C2B 13reps
5 free stand handstands for as long as I can hold.
10 reps hang power clean
wide grip pullups 9reps
5 handstand
5rep HPC 135.

Ernie Guevara 07-29-2009 08:57 AM

Nice work on the clean and jerks Nik! Proud of you for not scaling it!! I know it can get frustrating when you feel weight being too heavy but thats how you'll get stronger at it. I'll be doing it today. Hoping to get around the 8 round range since i have never done it before.

got a question for you guys, is a 10k 6.4 miles or 6.5 miles? I have been running my 5k's at 3.25 miles is that correct?

Scott Jenkins 07-29-2009 09:13 AM

Its 6.25 miles Ernie , your running to far :run: