CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 05-22-2013 07:22 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1166842]Yes it happens but this is something you need to work on, just like I need to get more sets unbroken you need to stop looking at the bar, once your working your body regulates itself and the pain is not so bad.

You tried a low landing squat clean to start the thrusters, I pick the bar up and just land straight away in the bottom of the squat to get a quick start.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the though crossed my mind I need to practice the clean to thruster to get use to it a few time, because when I am gassed I go with what I am use to.

Also as hard as it is to admit, it has always been my issue to just pick up the bar and go, I always want to linger a bit, monty calls you know!!

Nik Nichols 05-22-2013 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1166787]Great work Nik, your PR's still better than mine. You must take big breaks if you went unbroken as I done the pull ups 10/5 and 5/2/2 on the last two rounds[/QUOTE]

Just thinking on it, how did you decide to break your pullups? I mean can you take say the set of 15 and just push through for the whole set? Did you butterfly? And then break the 9 as you did? That will shave off some time there.

Nik Nichols 05-22-2013 08:20 AM

10:00 break
hip stretch with leg on table 2:00min a side
''rolled'' my left bicep at the elbow 2:00min (on bar in rack)
''rolled'' left upper fore arm 4:00min (on bar in rack)
ball in knee pit 2:00min a side

yep have some sore spots to workout today.

Scott Jenkins 05-22-2013 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1166850]Just thinking on it, how did you decide to break your pullups? I mean can you take say the set of 15 and just push through for the whole set? Did you butterfly? And then break the 9 as you did? That will shave off some time there.[/QUOTE]

I lose my grip and the ability to kip so come off the bar for a few seconds and its back, its not a mental choice just reached the limits , probably what held me back on that last Open workout with the chest to bar pull ups, need to work on getting a bit more stamina on them as when I followed main page I think there was a lot more pull ups.

Nik Nichols 05-22-2013 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1166869]I lose my grip and the ability to kip so come off the bar for a few seconds and its back, its not a mental choice just reached the limits , probably what held me back on that last Open workout with the chest to bar pull ups, need to work on getting a bit more stamina on them as when I followed main page I think there was a lot more pull ups.[/QUOTE]

It is a trick to keep at it, I have to regrip on the ''fly'', at the top of the pull when I am weightless for a split second I can regrip.

Also for keeping the kip when my shoulders fatigue mentally I want to pull early for some reason. But I MAKE myself wait on the kip, some times mentally telling myself to wait on the kip because there is more power there and the higher you are the less the arm pull at the top.

You do that and I'll pick up the bar sooner!!:rofl:

Plus like you said back in the day when we were on the main page there were alot more pullups, you are right.

Nik Nichols 05-22-2013 11:19 AM

lunch rest day

3 set 10 reps strict ring dips

some pullups and curls for fun.

A little wall hand stand working on balance off the wall.

couch stretch with band 2:00min a side
ham stretch with band 2:00min a side
rolled left bi again 2:00min. amd left upper fore arm 2:00min
rolled left shoulder on ball.

Nik Nichols 05-22-2013 01:25 PM

3:00 break
5 HSPUs ( just because they are fun)
400m walk
rolled my hams on bar 2:00min

Scott Jenkins 05-23-2013 12:58 AM

Definately going to try out the pulling later, tried the re-grip tonight , it seemed good but my arms were too smashed to go for any real big sets.

Get on the Bar Nichols!!!!

Nik Nichols 05-23-2013 06:35 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1167089]Definately going to try out the pulling later, tried the re-grip tonight , it seemed good but my arms were too smashed to go for any real big sets.

Get on the Bar Nichols!!!![/QUOTE]

Yea, the regrip is a trick, some times I'm just about on my fingertips and regrip because it can throw off your kip rhythm if it is not quick but totally doable.

The later pull(like I said) when I get tired I tend to pull early for some reason. I figure it is my brain(monty) panicking and looking for the easy way out and trying to finish the reps as fast as possible.

Holding out and letting the kip do the work really helps when you are starting to fatigue.

Try it and see what you think, but I guess you have to be a bit fatigued to feel it. It kind of reminds me of the C2B kip, you kip harder yes but you kip hard and high and then pull the chest in.

Oh and Scott, thanks for the push I am working on getting on the bar.

Nik Nichols 05-23-2013 06:38 AM

A.M. warm up
30 squats
30 abmat situps
30 GHDs
30 back ext
30 pushups

shoulder dislocates and rotations 10 reps each

rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformis 2:00min a side
rolled hipflexers 2:00min a side
calf stretch 1:00min a side

skipped all the shoulder work as they are sore today and my elbow is sore too. the back of my right knee is sore too, seems as it started on Sat after all the digging I was doing. So an easier day today on the knee I think.