CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Vickie Ellickson 05-08-2013 08:23 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1163872]
I had a weird thing happen to me yesterday.

After the 3;00 break, I got the weird vision thing and got a BAD head ache and nausea. My the end of work(5:30) I was in bad pain form the head ache and the nausea too. Went the the dr and got no where . I feel a bit ''hung over '' from yesterday but alot better. I am going to go get my blood work done again next week and just get checked out.

I will stop taking the creatine this week to get a clear test and see what the doc says next week.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty clear your body is rejecting the goat work. :p

Good call on pausing the creatine. Sounds like a migraine with the severity of pain and nausea. :(

Scott Jenkins 05-08-2013 08:34 AM

I get the vision thing although not lately. For myself as soon as that shimmer comes into your vision you must IMMEDIATELY go to a dark room and close your eyes. It will pass across your vision like the sun across the sky over around 2 hours. Trying to look around while its there will feed the migraine and the more you fight it the more severe the migraine will be. Last two times I have managed to keep it under control by closing my eyes immediately, head down on desk at work.

Nik Nichols 05-08-2013 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=Vickie Ellickson;1163892]It's pretty clear your body is rejecting the goat work. :p

Good call on pausing the creatine. Sounds like a migraine with the severity of pain and nausea. :([/QUOTE]
Yep nailed it and a migraine. Funny I though about that goat work or wallball really is the cause of it all!! No more wallball!!
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1163900]I get the vision thing although not lately. For myself as soon as that shimmer comes into your vision you must IMMEDIATELY go to a dark room and close your eyes. It will pass across your vision like the sun across the sky over around 2 hours. Trying to look around while its there will feed the migraine and the more you fight it the more severe the migraine will be. Last two times I have managed to keep it under control by closing my eyes immediately, head down on desk at work.[/QUOTE]
I will try that. That sounds exactly what happened.

Went to the doc at 10:00

after going over it all he said it was a migraine cause by low blood sugar. as I got the shakes from my goat workout and he thinks that started it all.

I am cutting out the creatine for a week and redoing my blood work (giving blood wednesday, going over it on friday) so we can see how the blood is doing.

As for the hang over he said it will probably last a few days.

Nik Nichols 05-08-2013 10:09 AM

Oh and the doc said to up my protien!! Gotta love that!

Nik Nichols 05-08-2013 10:52 AM

strict press
bar x10
95lbs x3
115lbs x3
125lbs x3
135lbs(61k) x3x3x3
140lbs x1xfx1x1xfx1x1

4:00min shoulder stretches with band over head.

Nik Nichols 05-08-2013 01:18 PM

3:00 break
couch stretch with band 2:00min a side
ham stretch with band 2:00min a side

Scott Jenkins 05-09-2013 12:52 AM

The real pain hangover for me is couple of hours but yes I can still feel my brain hurting if I shake my head the next day. Sounds like you have it a bit more severe than me Nik, take care of it best you can as I know how horrible that is.

Patrick Haskell 05-09-2013 05:23 AM

Gotta like a doc who prescribes food.

Feel better.

Nik Nichols 05-09-2013 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1164040]The real pain hangover for me is couple of hours but yes I can still feel my brain hurting if I shake my head the next day. Sounds like you have it a bit more severe than me Nik, take care of it best you can as I know how horrible that is.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1164061]Gotta like a doc who prescribes food.

Feel better.[/QUOTE]

Scott you are right. I felt the same thing yesterday. Feeling better today. I don't know if i will be able to workout today, I may be out of the shop on an install. We well see.

Patrick, yep we were talking that low blood sugar triggered the migrane and he said you need to eat more protien. I was free and though of bacon!!

Nik Nichols 05-09-2013 06:31 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1163874]That's an interesting way to do your goat work there - taking movements that need to be strung together in a rhythm broken into itty bitty sets in which it's a total ***** to get any sort of rhythm going. How does that work for you? ;) Seriously, are you deliberately challenging your ability to get rhythm going by breaking that into 8 rounds, rather than breaking into two sets or even doing it straight across?[/QUOTE]

Honestly the DUs were just skill to keep them fresh, the wall ball is the real goat. So I just wanted to do sets that would not get me taxxed to much (wallball) and be able to hit it confidently and solid. 5 reps wallball even I can do. So to build confidence and get reps in. It was skill work more then a ''real'' workout.