CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-07-2011 08:04 AM

Re: Nik

A.M. warmup
30 reps all
GHDs no weight
back ext no weight
abmatt situps no weight (feeling alot better now, just a bit sore)
pushups
OHSs with bar

pullups in 10s
C2B deadhang
overhand deads
underhand deads

rolled my back 2:00min
couch stretch foot on wall 2:00min a side

Nik Nichols 11-07-2011 09:45 AM

10:00 break

stretching

ham stretch with band 2:00min a side
pigeon pose with band 2:00min a side

dynamice kicks 40 kicks

Nik Nichols 11-07-2011 12:19 PM

Three rounds for time of:
30 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball (10.5 foot target)
75 pound Squat snatches, 30 reps (movement initiates with barbell below the knees)
time 23:40

last time 21:13

Well I guess I was more tired from the roof then I thought. On the wall ball my back was hurting from the begining. But ok, just dull soreness.
Snatches were breathy. I took to long getting on the bar. Like I said, I think it is from the work this weekend. Spending the weekend stooped or in the squat position did a number on me.

Scott Jenkins 11-07-2011 02:32 PM

From watching the demo vids on this workout its a lot of stress on the lower back, those below knee squat snatches especially as your going low enough to put the weight on the lower back without getting the grounded rebound at the bottom you usually get with low weight high rep. That must be real hard after all the work on the roof stooped over so well done Nichols!!

Milton Brisson 11-07-2011 02:39 PM

Agree with Scott there! THats a mental grind getting through a WoD like that, you should be proud of your time! Not to mention, wall balls are one of your goats, so high reps of those make it that much tougher!

Well done!

Nik Nichols 11-07-2011 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1002843]From watching the demo vids on this workout its a lot of stress on the lower back, those below knee squat snatches especially as your going low enough to put the weight on the lower back without getting the grounded rebound at the bottom you usually get with low weight high rep. That must be real hard after all the work on the roof stooped over so well done Nichols!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I knew I wqs a bit sore ffom the roof, but I tried to ignore it. I'm not worried about it at all. I know if was fatigue from the weekend. I am still tired from it.

Nik Nichols 11-07-2011 02:42 PM

3:00 break

rack jerk singles
135lbs
165lbs
185lbs
205lbs
215lbs failed.

I ran out of time.

Still I did'nt expect much from it. I am tired and I did'nt want to squat, my back is tired. So I was happy and suprised the 205lbs went up so easy. Rested and on a good day 225lbs is doable.

Nik Nichols 11-08-2011 07:40 AM

A.M. warm up
30 reps all
GHDs with 10lbs
back ext 25lbs
abmatt situps 25lbs over head
hand raise pushups
OHSs with bar
C2B kip pullups

rolled my bad 2:00

Feeling a bit tired today. The OHSs, and pullups were really hard this morning. I hope for a good workout after more water and lots of food.

Nik Nichols 11-08-2011 09:41 AM

10:00 break

2:00min a side couch stretch
dynamic kicks and some back mobility.

Honestly my lower back is pretty sore. It was a bit tight this morning but I think water took care of that. I don't like sounding negitive like this, but I like to track my pains as well as my positives. It is a log so the good goes with that bad.

I feel pretty got about today though, I don't think the lunges will bother my back. Other then that I think I'm fine.

Scott Jenkins 11-08-2011 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1003104]10:00 break

2:00min a side couch stretch
dynamic kicks and some back mobility.

Honestly my lower back is pretty sore. It was a bit tight this morning but I think water took care of that. I don't like sounding negitive like this, but I like to track my pains as well as my positives. It is a log so the good goes with that bad.

I feel pretty got about today though, I don't think the lunges will bother my back. Other then that I think I'm fine.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you just need to get moving, once you start the workout it will all be forgotten the little pains, I generally find this, my knee was killing me yesterday until the 3-2-1 GO , then I forgot all about it.