CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 12-30-2010 08:05 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;884780]Well I got my tooth pulled. It came out easy but bled a lot. I am not supose to strain for a couple of days. I asked him about the workout and he said no for a few days. He said if I dislodge the clot and get dry socked I would be in some real pain.

I asked him about HSPU's he just raised his eyebrows.

Sucks. I hope to get a warmup, like situps squats and pushups. I will get real sore if I don't do something.[/QUOTE]

I really think you would be fine with some weightlifting Nik, cannot see how a tooth would be affected although HSPU's would probably be a bad idea as going upside down would send all the blood to your head, so I think just keep the right way up and you will be fine.

Nik Nichols 12-30-2010 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;884790]I really think you would be fine with some weightlifting Nik, cannot see how a tooth would be affected although HSPU's would probably be a bad idea as going upside down would send all the blood to your head, so I think just keep the right way up and you will be fine.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm thinking the same thing. I was so mad when I saw todays workout!!:ranting2:

I will get back and see what I can do. I wish it was todays though!:ranting2:I would have a blast with Nate!!

Nik Nichols 12-30-2010 09:33 AM

10:00 break

I just did some pullups for fun with Brady.

Nik Nichols 12-30-2010 12:08 PM

Well I did a little work. No metcon though.

Clean and jerk
135lbs x3
165lbs x1
185lbs x1
200lbs x3 (singles, not in a row)

50 K2E that was hard on the hands and forearms broken 20 best set
50 abmatt situps with 45lbs plate, broken 25 best set.

Mouth feeling good.

Nik Nichols 12-30-2010 02:31 PM

3:00 break

3 reps on min for 10 min Weighted dips with 35lbs
I did 33 reps, I did 6 reps on the last round. It was to light, I'll upp the weight next time.

Scott Jenkins 12-31-2010 06:52 AM

Well I hope that toothless grin is ready for 'Murph' today, its about time we paid this one honour. Chest to bar with vest or 'V2B' as I call it.

Nik Nichols 01-01-2011 07:03 AM

Thanks Scott, but I'm letting you down. It is killing me, but not as bad as dislodging the blood clot I hear. I'm playing it safe. Plus I have Martin so no running for me. I feel like a heel missing all I have misssed, it is killing me.

Happy New year everyone!!

Scott Jenkins 01-01-2011 07:09 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;885338]Thanks Scott, but I'm letting you down. It is killing me, but not as bad as dislodging the blood clot I hear. I'm playing it safe. Plus I have Martin so no running for me. I feel like a heel missing all I have misssed, it is killing me.

Happy New year everyone!![/QUOTE]

Well you got to just pick up your training from when you get back to it, too much to catch up on you would just overtrain. So its more than just a tooth , its a blood clot, Im not that clear on how they work so will leave it up to those around you to tell you what to do.

Happy New year to you and your family and hope you can get back into it real soon.

Nik Nichols 01-01-2011 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;885341]Well you got to just pick up your training from when you get back to it, too much to catch up on you would just overtrain. So its more than just a tooth , its a blood clot, Im not that clear on how they work so will leave it up to those around you to tell you what to do.

Happy New year to you and your family and hope you can get back into it real soon.[/QUOTE]

Your eating rashers!! Cathy orderd some from overseas so we could have a real fry and I didn't get any with this dang tooth!!:ranting2:

Enjoy your well earned fry!!

Scott Jenkins 01-01-2011 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;885342]Your eating rashers!! Cathy orderd some from overseas so we could have a real fry and I didn't get any with this dang tooth!!:ranting2:

Enjoy your well earned fry!![/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought two packets with 18 rashes, the girls only wanted 3 so I had the other 15, I also put two in a sandwich just too tide me over until they was all cooked properly!! Sorry if I am making you hungry.