CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 10-26-2010 11:23 AM

Re: Nik

Congrats on the 10 x HSPU's Nik thats a big improvement :pepper:

It also probably did not help your OHS seeing as your shoulders were already tired , one massive pr a day is great anyways.

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;860162]Congrats on the 10 x HSPU's Nik thats a big improvement :pepper:

It also probably did not help your OHS seeing as your shoulders were already tired , one massive pr a day is great anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was thinking the same thing on the shoulders. I'm not to worried on the workout. I WANTED to do it, but eh it happens.

I was stoked on the HSPU's I did 5 and told myself I wanted more the next set like 7 reps and hit it easy and kept telling myself ok do one more and it didn't get real hard till 8or9, but at that point I wanted 10 and would have injured myself in the attempt(just kidding)

Usually when I hit the wall it hits fast. I'll be going ok then one will get real hard and I may have one more with real bad form(arched back) then its over, rest time at that point. Today they just kept going.

Nik Nichols 10-26-2010 01:36 PM

3:00 break

yesterdays mobility workout(squat against the wall shoulder strech ect,ect.

Left shoulder a bit sore.

Anthony Mattox 10-26-2010 03:45 PM

Great job on the HSPUs Nik. Treat your shoulder right and you won't have regret later.
Tony

Nik Nichols 10-27-2010 06:04 AM

[QUOTE=Anthony Mattox;860267]Great job on the HSPUs Nik. Treat your shoulder right and you won't have regret later.
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will do, it is a close ballence for me and shoulders. They are a weakness and I need to focus on them, but As they are a weakness I have to give them time to heal up too.

Nik Nichols 10-27-2010 06:05 AM

A.M. warm up
30 each
GHD's
Back ext no weight
Abmatt situps with 25lbs plate over head
OHS's with bar

Nik Nichols 10-27-2010 09:16 AM

10:00 break

Ring dip OHS mobility work.

Getting ready for todays snach workout.

Nik Nichols 10-27-2010 11:13 AM

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Squat snatch, 10 reps
10 Ring dips
10 Knees to elbows

5rounds 10 snaches 6 dips

So close to 6 rounds! I did pretty good on the snaches. I didn't break more then a fast 321go. I'd hit arround 4 to 6 reps till I got wobbley and end up on my toes and going forward for a step or two. I missed the 10th rep on the 3 set on snach, I so wanted to count it. I got under it but it was forward and i dropped it.

Dipe were hard. broke sets 1,2 finished 3rd brok rest. K2E was all grip. I'd hit 6or 7 rep ad drop off the bar for grip. I was doing the double swing at the bottom to keep them going which took time but kept me on the bar.

Scott Jenkins 10-27-2010 11:23 AM

Great work NIk, seems I under estimated how hard 95lb squat snatches would be, they are horrible breathy and hard.

Nik Nichols 10-27-2010 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;860644]Great work NIk, seems I under estimated how hard 95lb squat snatches would be, they are horrible breathy and hard.[/QUOTE]

They were tough. My legs and hips would get to burning from being bent for so long, the only reliefe was standing up after the snach and that was only for a second then it was into a squat again.

I managed 1:23sec in the hollow rock pre workout.