CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 08:14 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;853036]NICE WORK, Nik!! Great PR..

Sorry about the sore tooth!! Wish I was there to help out (you do know I am a dental surgeon, right?!! :) Hope you got that taken care of...[/QUOTE]
I'll look after the tooth. it is more gum really. just a bit sore and swolen. Oh thanks on todays max, it really was fun.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853047]I would not keep going every week if there was dissappointing classes, the guys always do everything they can to get us taking pain and improving and as you know from your visits to an affiliate its a great atmosphere going against people and pushing them on. Some classes I enjoy more than others but thats personal preferences, and favourites with exercises. There was one class I remember being dissappointed about but that was dissappointment in ****ting myself :rofl:

Oh yeah I am with you on the tooth, last night I bite into a carrot and snapped my wisdom tooth across the middle, the pain was like turning on the stereo and it being on full volume the way it boomed through my head.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is what I figured, pref on lifts. I hope to get up to Rockwall tomorrw if I can sort it out.

Yikes on the tooth! That sounds rough!!

Scott Jenkins 10-08-2010 08:15 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853051]Yea, that is what I figured, pref on lifts. I hope to get up to Rockwall tomorrw if I can sort it out.

Yikes on the tooth! That sounds rough!![/QUOTE]

Thats great if you can get up there again, some more people crushing for you!!

Luckily I do dentistry on myself so if I got time I will clear it up and put a filling in it later.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853053]Thats great if you can get up there again, some more people crushing for you!!

Luckily I do dentistry on myself so if I got time I will clear it up and put a filling in it later.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I have to see what Cathys doing in the morning if she has to work then i wont be able to go.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 08:32 AM

10:00 break

Group Suffering and A Thought Experiment

mobility workout.

I got 60sec both side on the hold for time in the one leg on bench behind you squat thing.

Nik Nichols 10-08-2010 11:09 AM

Lunch

I did the 5 way shoulder mobility workout

Then HSPUs which sucked today.

I did 10 max reps with 1 min rest inbetween for a ''monstrous''25reps

it went in reps 2,3,2,4,2,2,3,2,3,2.

Na I'm glad to get some HSPUs done. I think my shoulders are still a bit tired from the KB snaches.

Nik Nichols 10-09-2010 08:08 AM

Handstand walk 100 meters

If you fall, restart at the point of contact furthest from the finish.

time 20:17

Done at the track. I got 5 steps twice, 4 steps once. the rest were 1s2s3s. The worst was 7trys with no forward motion. Just up and down.

No forward falls to add to distance. there was a few where I fell sidways to equil my hands, but no forward falls.

Scott Jenkins 10-09-2010 08:25 AM

Great work getting the distance done Nik, I found when I only got 2 or so steps I was not making any progress as my feet were landing further back than my hands started still, never mind. Need to get back to practising this at least once a week.

Nik Nichols 10-09-2010 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853407]Great work getting the distance done Nik, I found when I only got 2 or so steps I was not making any progress as my feet were landing further back than my hands started still, never mind. Need to get back to practising this at least once a week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I did ok, it was the times I never tyook a step that killed me, up, down, up , down. Killed me.

The heels on my hands are sore now. The track is soft rubber, but it got sore after a wile.

Scott Jenkins 10-10-2010 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853497]Thanks Scott, I did ok, it was the times I never tyook a step that killed me, up, down, up , down. Killed me.

The heels on my hands are sore now. The track is soft rubber, but it got sore after a wile.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good surface, soft rubber is not to harsh for bad landings.

You seen on Ernie's log that he's thinking about KB Snatchin 1 poof, we better keep an eye on him, not sure what the law for that is in Florida. :rofl:

Nik Nichols 10-10-2010 06:34 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853581]Sounds like a good surface, soft rubber is not to harsh for bad landings.

You seen on Ernie's log that he's thinking about KB Snatchin 1 poof, we better keep an eye on him, not sure what the law for that is in Florida. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yea the track was good. My hands are red a little and a little sore, but not bad and not tore or blistered.

I misse that ''poof'' on Ernies log. I will go check it out.