CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-25-2010 10:46 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;833341]I tried to get my foot against the wall yesterday to open up my hips, the left side no problem. The right side I could not get upright at all. That's how off balance I am. :([/QUOTE]

Yea, the same here, but not to bad, it is all just painful now, I hope it is just soreness from the lunges and all the squats lately. I hope to get better at it.

Nik Nichols 08-25-2010 10:50 AM

"Test 3"

Tabata Squat
Max reps of Muscle-ups in 4 minutes

tabatta score 18
MU's 15reps
total 270

Tabata was 19 across the board till set 7 and I missed the 19th rep, I was mad. Got the 18 on the 8th round

all MU's with turnout. No misses. I got 4 first go, then 2's till the last one.

Laurie Smith 08-25-2010 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;833398]Yea, the same here, but not to bad, it is all just painful now, I hope it is just soreness from the lunges and all the squats lately. I hope to get better at it.[/QUOTE]

I sit all day so I have really tight hips. :(

Scott Jenkins 08-25-2010 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;833401]"Test 3"

Tabata Squat
Max reps of Muscle-ups in 4 minutes

tabatta score 18
MU's 15reps
total 270

Tabata was 19 across the board till set 7 and I missed the 19th rep, I was mad. Got the 18 on the 8th round

all MU's with turnout. No misses. I got 4 first go, then 2's till the last one.[/QUOTE]

Great work Nik, and thats a good tabata score, you really need to keep your wits about you with the short breaks. You should try doing quick singles after the first minute of muscle ups, the negatives can be quite taxing.

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;833429]I sit all day so I have really tight hips. :([/QUOTE]

Get on the KStar Mobility wagon with us Laurie, my hips feel free already and I work at a computer.

Nik Nichols 08-25-2010 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;833429]I sit all day so I have really tight hips. :([/QUOTE]
Dont I know it, but like Scott said, we keep at it and it will have to loosen us up.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;833500]Great work Nik, and thats a good tabata score, you really need to keep your wits about you with the short breaks. You should try doing quick singles after the first minute of muscle ups, the negatives can be quite taxing.QUOTE]

Yea, I was doing good at forst on the MU's but got slow. I was faster then I usually am I think. The Squats,Man hitting 18 made me MAD!! I pushed so hard to hang on to the 19reps, and I was just the tiny bit slow. I was mad.

Nik Nichols 08-25-2010 01:28 PM

3:00 break
531 press second cycle forst week

3sets5 reps
90lbs,105lbs,115lbs

I only got 5 reps on rthe last round and glad to get those. Press is a real weakness for me.

Laurie Smith 08-25-2010 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;833500]
Get on the KStar Mobility wagon with us Laurie, my hips feel free already and I work at a computer.[/QUOTE]

I'm already on it!! :pepper: I went to his cert last month and I've been following the exercises no his new blog. Since the cert I do feel better but I have years and years of damage to undo. :o

Nik Nichols 08-25-2010 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;833533]I'm already on it!! :pepper: I went to his cert last month and I've been following the exercises no his new blog. Since the cert I do feel better but I have years and years of damage to undo. :o[/QUOTE]

Man I kind of know what you mean. I don't know about years of dammage, but I do know I'm not that flexable, funny i thought5 I was pretty flexable till thease streches came up. I can't get my knee all the way back against the wall with my foot up. I have to have a couple of inches to do it. Then it is still almost unbareable. I have to switch legs every 30 seconds to get any time in.

Laurie Smith 08-25-2010 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;833565]Man I kind of know what you mean. I don't know about years of dammage, but I do know I'm not that flexable, funny i thought5 I was pretty flexable till thease streches came up. I can't get my knee all the way back against the wall with my foot up. I have to have a couple of inches to do it. Then it is still almost unbareable. I have to switch legs every 30 seconds to get any time in.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, that is bad. I'm not much better though. I can get about a min in. I'm going to do these all again tonight while I watch tv. Should help the time go by faster. And if I get stuck ... at least I'm in front of the boob tube right?! :rofl:

Marianne Urbanski 08-25-2010 05:42 PM

Nice work today, nik... I hope you get some sleep tonight and keep up with those stretches!!