CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-08-2010 03:41 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;823861]I didn't go fast at all. I took my time but kept moving.[/QUOTE]

Thats cool , no real breaks then, good work.

Nik Nichols 08-08-2010 07:28 PM

Crazy night. My brother came in from the East coast. Good to see him. But I blew out a tire on my car and can't get it fixed till tomorrow. I hope to get it done and make it into work on time(no spare tire).

On top of all that, tomorrow looks great, but I havent tested my calf in a wile and don't know how it will react to the run, so the runs will most likely be slow.

Nik Nichols 08-09-2010 06:46 AM

Tire fixed and in on time. No AM warm up though. I am really going to hydrate for todays workout. I hope the calf is good for the shuttle. I'm looking forward to it.

Scott Jenkins 08-09-2010 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;824104]Tire fixed and in on time. No AM warm up though. I am really going to hydrate for todays workout. I hope the calf is good for the shuttle. I'm looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got the tyre sorted and no delay for work, just got to get your tyres ready for the workout now later. Its gonna be a quick painful one!!

Nik Nichols 08-09-2010 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;824117]Glad you got the tyre sorted and no delay for work, just got to get your tyres ready for the workout now later. Its gonna be a quick painful one!![/QUOTE]

HAHA will do, off to roll and strech now. Thanks.

Nik Nichols 08-09-2010 10:52 AM

"SQT"

Three rounds for time of:
95 pound Ground to overhead, 10 reps
200 yard Shuttle sprint, 50 yards there and back twice

Time 6:24
shuttle runs as rx'd in the grass , slight hill out and down hill back
I power snached the weight. no breaks other a breath with the bar overhead. All unbroken.

first round was great. Felt good.

second round got harder, but kept going, I had to regrip somewhere arround reps 6 but kept going.

Dropped the bar after 7 reps on last round but I was back on top of it getting another rep. I chased it I didn't rest.

No 321go's or staring at the bar.

Nik Nichols 08-09-2010 10:54 AM

Well I say that and I'm the slowest time on comments.

Laurie Smith 08-09-2010 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;824281]"SQT"

I power snached the weight. no breaks other a breath with the bar overhead. All unbroken.

second round got harder, but kept going, I had to regrip somewhere arround reps 6 but kept going.

Dropped the bar after 7 reps on last round but I was back on top of it getting another rep. I chased it I didn't rest.

No 321go's or staring at the bar.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you did that...my whole lower body is so sore I can barely move. This will not be pretty.

Ernie Guevara 08-09-2010 12:10 PM

Great job nik! Atta way to keep going through it without breaks! How did the calf hold up?

Scott Jenkins 08-09-2010 12:54 PM

Nice work Nik, glad you didnt get stuck staring at that bar and sounds like your calf held up well with the running, hard work after that leg basher yesterday.