CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Ernie Guevara 08-05-2010 12:24 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822562]Fast work Nik, especially with those damn Sumo's, they must of made it even harder on the lower back, well done , real glad you had a good day and anyone who gets through that workout has a strong back.

Ernie, my back did not stiffen , it was just really well worked so no problemos' por per vor-- bit of Spanish for you guys there.[/QUOTE]

I am very fluent in Spanish Scott. I am Hispanic and have no idea what the heck you said with "no problemo por vo vor" :rofl:

Marianne Urbanski 08-05-2010 12:33 PM

[quote=Nik Nichols;822512]Three rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
30 Box jumps, 24 inch box
25 Back extensions
205 pound Deadlift, 20 reps

subbed 50 sumos for row (as always, Stop laughing Ernie, I can hear you!)

time 20:16

sumos in sets of 20/20/10
box jums slow, but unbroken. I was slow as I can't pogo yet so I just kept moving on them. I forced myself one more, one more.

Deadlift was funny. I regripped each rep no touch and go. Broken from the start. but i was able to keep chipping away at them, no more then a step back and step up to the bar for breaks.

My legs would get wobbly after a few reps and felt like I wanted to lock out my knee to far so I would stop and step back and go again. it was enough to rest my legs and go again.

I was real happy with it over all. It wasa bit of a grinder, but I handled my breaks. I needed that. It was great.

(thank you lord.)[/quote]

Nice work!!!

Nik Nichols 08-05-2010 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;822522]Lol you hearing me laugh made me spit water out as I was reading nik!!! That was funny. Great job sticking to the steady pace! Did ur lower back get stiff like scotts?[/QUOTE]
My back got tired for sure, but held up better then my legs did. It was a back leg killer.

Oh and i though that would get you laughing.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822562]Fast work Nik, especially with those damn Sumo's, they must of made it even harder on the lower back, well done , real glad you had a good day and anyone who gets through that workout has a strong back.

Ernie, my back did not stiffen , it was just really well worked so no problemos' por per vor-- bit of Spanish for you guys there.[/QUOTE]
Honestly. i saw you had posted your time(some times you have posted befor I do it) I didn't check it , I just wanted to controll my breaks and do good with it. As much as it is always a comp, I didn't want that in he back of my mind. I knew this had the makings of a makeit or break it metcon.

I am real happy with my preformance. I kept Monty at bay. I HAAD to stop on the deads because of leg fatigue. The rest was just about keeping moving.
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;822579]Nice work!!![/QUOTE]

Thank you, thank you.

Scott Jenkins 08-05-2010 11:58 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;822572]I am very fluent in Spanish Scott. I am Hispanic and have no idea what the heck you said with "no problemo por vo vor" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

It was meant to mean 'No Problem Thank You Very Much', guess I may of got my langauges mixed up or spelt them wrong. ;)

Nik Nichols 08-06-2010 06:06 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822834]It was meant to mean 'No Problem Thank You Very Much', guess I may of got my langauges mixed up or spelt them wrong. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think hes is just saying he's fluent because his name is ''Ernesto'';)

You guys ready for today?

Marianne Urbanski 08-06-2010 06:24 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;822896]I think hes is just saying he's fluent because his name is ''Ernesto'';)

You guys ready for today?[/quote]
Good luck on those muscle ups today!! looks interesting!! will be checking to see how you do! good luck!

Scott Jenkins 08-06-2010 06:39 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;822896]I think hes is just saying he's fluent because his name is ''Ernesto'';)

You guys ready for today?[/QUOTE]

Ernesto Del Toro or Ernie The Bull :p

Got class tonight Nik, really look forward to hitting this great looking WOD tomorrow still.

Nik Nichols 08-06-2010 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;822901]Good luck on those muscle ups today!! looks interesting!! will be checking to see how you do! good luck![/QUOTE]
Thanks, I will be doing all I can on it.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822908]Ernesto Del Toro or Ernie The Bull :p

Got class tonight Nik, really look forward to hitting this great looking WOD tomorrow still.[/QUOTE]

HAHA Ernie the bull!!

Yea class for you tonight. Today looks good. I havent been on the rings at all, so the mu;'s will be fun. In a case like this I usually do better as i go, kind of get better with reps. It will be fun.

Nik Nichols 08-06-2010 06:50 AM

AM warm up

only 10 reps todat
GHD's
Back ext 40lbs
abmattsitups 45lbs
deadhang pullups
Camille pushups
OHS's with PVC
shoulder dislocates.

Ernie Guevara 08-06-2010 06:59 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822908]Ernesto Del Toro or Ernie The Bull :p

Got class tonight Nik, really look forward to hitting this great looking WOD tomorrow still.[/QUOTE]

I like Ernie the Bull better lol! No wod for me last night guys. Had to empty out the living room and take the couches to girlfriends moms house. We get out new couch today. Can't wait for all this remodeling to be done so I can have a normal routine again.
I love any wod with muscle ups in it!!!