CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Jesse Emers 05-11-2010 05:07 PM

Re: Nik

I'm sorry to hear about the arm Nik, I know how much that stuff sucks. I'm still dealing with my shoulders, and they seem to be getting better slowly with some smart programming. Stress at work is no good. Try looking on the bright side about that, I know alot of pilots who are out of work because of the economy.

Nik Nichols 05-11-2010 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;782572]I'm sorry to hear about the arm Nik, I know how much that stuff sucks. I'm still dealing with my shoulders, and they seem to be getting better slowly with some smart programming. Stress at work is no good. Try looking on the bright side about that, I know alot of pilots who are out of work because of the economy.[/QUOTE]

Thank Jesse, it is tough (as you know) to decide to not workout because if anything.

as for the stress at work, it is just heavy right now. I'm glad we have the work, I'm glad were are as busy as we are, I'm glad I have a job. It is just tough right now.

I'll be fine not to worry.

Nik Nichols 05-11-2010 06:17 PM

Ok so after a lot of crying here on the boards, I'm taking a break, I'm taking this cycle off to rest my arm and shoulder and just rest. No weights, no pulling. I will be streching and warming my back, but no workouts(if I can stick to it) It can't hurt me to take a break, So I will.

I haven't checked the main page yet, I wanted to post the break so I will stick to it befor I see what the workout is. I'd end up justifying why I could do ''this last one.''

I'll still post up, and mope and cry about it. So I won't be absent, just not doing anything.

As dumb as it sounds this is really a hard decision to make.

Scott Jenkins 05-12-2010 12:16 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;782608]Ok so after a lot of crying here on the boards, I'm taking a break, I'm taking this cycle off to rest my arm and shoulder and just rest. No weights, no pulling. I will be streching and warming my back, but no workouts(if I can stick to it) It can't hurt me to take a break, So I will.

I haven't checked the main page yet, I wanted to post the break so I will stick to it befor I see what the workout is. I'd end up justifying why I could do ''this last one.''

I'll still post up, and mope and cry about it. So I won't be absent, just not doing anything.

As dumb as it sounds this is really a hard decision to make.[/QUOTE]

Does not sound dumb to me Nik, I can totally understand how hard it is to break from training as it becomes a lifestyle. You should try and use the time off to decide exactly what programming you are going to hit when you come back stronger. Hope that arm feels better today.

Marianne Urbanski 05-12-2010 03:43 AM

Nik:
Your arm and shoulder are SCREAMING at you... listen to your body... (what would you tell any of the people on this board who said the same thing....).. I hope that you can take this time and rest your body and plan what will be the next move for you in the programming.
You are doing GREAT!! We all need to take a rest and "regroup" sometimes.. The stress of work and whatever else you have going is getting to you.. I can hear it in all of your posts..

the foam roller can be your best friend!! Let us know what you are thinking for programing.. it can be fun and creative!! :)

(PS: i haven't posted to your board for a while... sorry... I wanted to say that what you said about being a "good mom"... that was really nice... thanks ..)

Nik Nichols 05-12-2010 06:02 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;782726]Does not sound dumb to me Nik, I can totally understand how hard it is to break from training as it becomes a lifestyle. You should try and use the time off to decide exactly what programming you are going to hit when you come back stronger. Hope that arm feels better today.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, You nailed it Scott. I love the workout and how i feel with it. It is a big part of my life, and to stop is rough. My arm is ok. Just fatigued except my bicept. It doesnt hurt till I start pulling. i can do pullups(kip) and it eases up, but it has been bothering me for over a month now. I dread heavy cleans.

Yea now is thwe time to figure out what to do next.

And of corse today we get to do MU's!!:ranting2: See i can talk myself into this one real easy. I love MU's, and 135 on cleans will hurt, but doable. Man Power cleans too.
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;782749]Nik:
Your arm and shoulder are SCREAMING at you... listen to your body... (what would you tell any of the people on this board who said the same thing....).. I hope that you can take this time and rest your body and plan what will be the next move for you in the programming.
You are doing GREAT!! We all need to take a rest and "regroup" sometimes.. The stress of work and whatever else you have going is getting to you.. I can hear it in all of your posts..

the foam roller can be your best friend!! Let us know what you are thinking for programing.. it can be fun and creative!! :)

(PS: i haven't posted to your board for a while... sorry... I wanted to say that what you said about being a "good mom"... that was really nice... thanks ..)[/QUOTE]

You are right about my arm, I'll listen. It is a bitter pill though.

Like i said about ''Mom'' you chose to be good to your kids. It isn't automatic. You choose to do the best you can for them with what you have. You could just as easily not care, not take care, not do anything and treat you kids and if they are a bother to you. It is a choise. A self sacrificing choise that your kids won't understand till they are older or when they have kids if at all.

Nik Nichols 05-12-2010 06:03 AM

Five rounds for time of:
5 Muscle-ups
135 pound Power clean, 10 reps
Run 220 meters

taking a rest for my arm. I'll do some foam rolling and mobility work.

Scott Jenkins 05-12-2010 06:17 AM

Sometimes the bicep pain comes from a strain in the shoulder so make sure to foam roll your shoulders. Best way to do them is to kneel and lean forward taking your weight on the front delts, see how it feels Nik, if there's any tension in there it could be the cause.

I could hear you talking yourself into hitting todays WOD, I am not going to give you the go-ahead, even if it does not hurt you doing the workout it will prolong the healing so foam roll and get planning.

Nik Nichols 05-12-2010 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;782804]Sometimes the bicep pain comes from a strain in the shoulder so make sure to foam roll your shoulders. Best way to do them is to kneel and lean forward taking your weight on the front delts, see how it feels Nik, if there's any tension in there it could be the cause.

I could hear you talking yourself into hitting todays WOD, I am not going to give you the go-ahead, even if it does not hurt you doing the workout it will prolong the healing so foam roll and get planning.[/QUOTE]

HAHA I know it, just posting the though of how I'd talk myself into it was , well, talking myself into it!!

Meh I'll rest as i said. It won't kill me, I'll stick to my word.

I tried to roll my shoulders last week I'll try it like you said.

Nik Nichols 05-12-2010 08:31 AM

10:00 break 30 GHD's 30 Back ext 40 lbs. Some rolling.