CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 09:06 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Vickie Ellickson;1126068]Such an over-achiever...even trying to PR on blood production.

Good to see you back Nik. Hope you have a good doc and he can nail it the first time.[/QUOTE]

Ha thanks, I hope he will, I like him and he is not against working out and actually tells me to keep it up, but in this case he wants me to back off some.

I hope you are right about getting it in one.

Milton Brisson 01-17-2013 09:07 AM

Good to see you posting Nik! And getting your usual morning routine in, even if the reps are cut!

I hope taking it a bit easier will help clear things up, and hoping that this is just a road bump!

Stay strong!:highfive:

Patrick Haskell 01-17-2013 09:26 AM

Wow, Nick. That's a new one. I hope you get better quickly and find a happy balance between health and longenvity on one side and elite athletics and peformance on the other. It's a challenge we all face to a degree, but most of us prefer to be less dramatic about it. ;) I'm glad your doc was able to give you feedback that keeps you feeling upbeat. That's as big a part of wellness as diet and exercise.

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1126082]Wow, Nick. That's a new one. I hope you get better quickly and find a happy balance between health and longenvity on one side and elite athletics and peformance on the other. It's a challenge we all face to a degree, but most of us prefer to be less dramatic about it. ;) I'm glad your doc was able to give you feedback that keeps you feeling upbeat. That's as big a part of wellness as diet and exercise.[/QUOTE]

OHHHH PatricK !!! WOE is me!!!:rofl:

I am an addict in the truest form of the word. I have been addicted to bad things and good things. I am the extreme nature. It is all or nothing. So you are right. Finding my ballance is going to be tough. But I am facing it. I just don't like it.

Jesse Emers 01-17-2013 10:51 AM

Darn Nik. You can never catch a break! The worst part is that we need to wait a month to figure this stuff out. I'm sorry that you need to wait that long man, but I know everything will turn out fine. I know that you don't want to cut back on the workouts but, just keep in mind that more rest is usually better for fitness and the body. We tend to overwork ourselves here.

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;1126139]Darn Nik. You can never catch a break! The worst part is that we need to wait a month to figure this stuff out. I'm sorry that you need to wait that long man, but I know everything will turn out fine. I know that you don't want to cut back on the workouts but, just keep in mind that more rest is usually better for fitness and the body. We tend to overwork ourselves here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jesse and will do/did on training. I only did my daily squat because my internet was down and I only had 20:00 mins for lunch.

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 01:17 PM

Daily squat
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
335lbs x1
355lbs(161k) xfx1

bailed on the first rep of the 355 out of the hole, got mad and struggled for the second rep but got it.

Eric Shuty 01-17-2013 02:16 PM

Hey man, what's your blood type? I was planning on doing a lot of cardio this weekend and I was hoping I could go all Lance Armstrong and borrow a pint or two......

:smiley_ev

Nik Nichols 01-17-2013 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=Eric Shuty;1126217]Hey man, what's your blood type? I was planning on doing a lot of cardio this weekend and I was hoping I could go all Lance Armstrong and borrow a pint or two......

:smiley_ev[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA I have it to spare you asked the right person!!

Nik Nichols 01-18-2013 10:09 AM

A.M. warm up at 10;00 break
10 reps all
HSPUs
push ups
sit ups
GHDs
back ext
dead hangs

10:00 stretch
leg on table ect 2:00min a side