CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 07-05-2010 08:50 AM

Re: Nik

Looks like a good days work there Nik, especially having Martin in tow also.

I was thinking that my intensity has slacked slightly since my holiday so really need to get my head together now , its so easy to go into cruise mode with this stuff and I have a competition coming on the 17th!! .. Keep an eye on me Nik and give me some shouting at if you see any signs of me not putting my full effort in please.

Laurie Smith 07-05-2010 09:16 AM

Nice work! hope you got more rest last night.

Nik Nichols 07-06-2010 06:43 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;806431]Looks like a good days work there Nik, especially having Martin in tow also.

I was thinking that my intensity has slacked slightly since my holiday so really need to get my head together now , its so easy to go into cruise mode with this stuff and I have a competition coming on the 17th!! .. Keep an eye on me Nik and give me some shouting at if you see any signs of me not putting my full effort in please.[/QUOTE]
Will do Scott. Do the same for me. I need all the help I can get .

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;806447]Nice work! hope you got more rest last night.[/QUOTE]

I went to bed at 10:00 last night and up at 6:30 this morning so better night. Still need more to catch up.

Nik Nichols 07-06-2010 06:52 AM

Man what a weekend.

First note. I always figured that I would get caught in a bind with having Martin with me and tyriong to get the workout done. Well I have been real luck for a long wile till this weekend. But It is what happens. We all have other responsibelitys that come up over our training. this weekend was mine. I still got in some work and I didn't just give in to not working out so good enough.

Second, I'm happy to say I didn't drink to the holidays. I stayed up late and was up early, but no dring. Win for me.

But 15 hours sleep for 3 nights has got to stop. It wrecks me and I get sore and cranky.

Also I HAVE to eat better on the weekends. I NEVER eat enough and then I get really hungry and eat crap food. and crave candy(chocklate and cookies to be exact) I need to prepare foods in advance to be handy to snack on.

Yesterday I spent at least 6 hours refloring a room in my house. My lower back is really sore and knees are shot. The room looks great, but I paid for it.

I'll be streching and rolling to get back to feeling better. How do you keep the lumbar cuve in your back wile working on your knees?

Still a good weekend. I just need to take better car of myself.

Martin had a blas wirth the fire works, and My oldest son and I had a blast blowing stuff up. Good forth.

Nik Nichols 07-06-2010 11:03 AM

Ok so today is kind of a suck day for me. My mood is bad. I'm struggling at work.

I wass going to roll and strech some sore areas. but I just needed to lift to try to clear my head.

So more oly. (I wanted to do something I liked, sorry Scott no goat work today)

1. snatch tech: work up to 70%x2x10

2. cln and jerk tech: work up to 70%x2x10

Snaches on the min (took me 12 min because of falls and drops) Weight 95lbs

C&J weight at 160lbs.

Calf is still sore. I'll have to roll it at 3:00. I have been limping on it a little all day.

Laurie Smith 07-06-2010 11:55 AM

You and me both Nik! Hope your mood improves.

Nik Nichols 07-06-2010 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;807022]You and me both Nik! Hope your mood improves.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sorry to hear you are having a suck day too. I'm better now. It is amazing how a workout helps my mood. It was tough to not stop though. I didn't want to care I wanted to just be mad. But I felt better after.

I think alot of it is lack of sleep over the weekend, over worked over the weekend, and not eating enough over the weekend. I ate a little bad, 2 hamburger buns and a hot do bun( I usually don't eat complex carbs) 1 3 musketeers bar. Other then that I was good. Just not enough caleries in.

Nik Nichols 07-06-2010 01:25 PM

3:00 break

Rolled my calf

Left calf on the inside has a huge knot in it, Still there after rolling. I'll have to work on it some more tonight.

Nik Nichols 07-07-2010 08:35 AM

I for got to post my am warm up. Usuall stuff
30reps eack GHD, Backext 40lbs
abmatt situps 25lbs(saving my core for todays workout)
deadhang pullups
Camille pushups.

10:00 break, some set up for the workout. Got my ''rig''together for the KB swings.

Tried some toe to bar, on our high bar, it is to close to the wall, I kick it in the double swing , but can go ok on the single swing toe to bar, I'll play with it a bit befor, but will probably go with the short bar for it, that means keeping my legs bent at the bottom.

Nik Nichols 07-07-2010 11:03 AM

For time:
225 pound Back squat, 20 reps
40 Toes to bar
60 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood

10:01

Squats in 15, 5 reps, I probably could have done all 20 in a row, but stopped because I was taking two breaths at the top after 10reps

Toe to bar was 14 and broke, then I could only get 2's and 3's, a 5 rep here and there.

KB was good, got sets of 10 but after 30 reps breaks got longer then i wanted, I'd count it down and grip the KB and still not picjk it up, it drug on more then I wanted on breaks.

All said, it was fun, fast and changing. Toe to bar was dissapointing though. That and the tape on the pullup bar started unraveling in my hands because I was facing the opisite way I rolled it befor and it un wrapped. annoying.