CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 05-17-2010 06:36 AM

Re: Nik

am warm up
30 GHD's
30 backext 40 lbs
30 pushups
rolled my shoulder on the ball a few min just because.

I'm allittle tired today. I'm running on about 6 1/2 hours sleep, that is about what I got Friday night and Sat night too. I didn't eat enough yesterday also. Week ends are tough for me to sleep and eat. I alwasy pay for it on Monday.

Ernie Guevara 05-17-2010 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;784944]am warm up
30 GHD's
30 backext 40 lbs
30 pushups
rolled my shoulder on the ball a few min just because.

I'm allittle tired today. I'm running on about 6 1/2 hours sleep, that is about what I got Friday night and Sat night too. I didn't eat enough yesterday also. Week ends are tough for me to sleep and eat. I alwasy pay for it on Monday.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how u feel nik. That happens to me on the weekends too. I don't eat as much as I do durin the weekdays. The only thing that's better for me on weekends is sleep. I get 8-9 hours on weekends and on weekdays 6.5-7. I actually weighed in at 168.5 fully dressed with shoes on at work today. So I gotta get my eating back on point this week.

Nik Nichols 05-17-2010 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;784968]I know exactly how u feel nik. That happens to me on the weekends too. I don't eat as much as I do durin the weekdays. The only thing that's better for me on weekends is sleep. I get 8-9 hours on weekends and on weekdays 6.5-7. I actually weighed in at 168.5 fully dressed with shoes on at work today. So I gotta get my eating back on point this week.[/QUOTE]

Dude that is almost my weight!! Man I sleep better in the week, I go to bed way earlier. I only ate twice yesterday. Man that just sucks compared to 6or 7 times a day during the week.

what rep sets are you doing on the ''rope'' climb?

Ernie Guevara 05-17-2010 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;784975]Dude that is almost my weight!! Man I sleep better in the week, I go to bed way earlier. I only ate twice yesterday. Man that just sucks compared to 6or 7 times a day during the week.

what rep sets are you doing on the ''rope'' climb?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know I'm catching up to ur weight Class lol. For the "rope" climbs I'm thinking 2 rope pullups per ascent. I think that's pretty close to a 15' climb becaus I only pulled 4-5 times when I did the 25' climb. You have a rope at your shop right?

Nik Nichols 05-17-2010 08:16 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;784987]Yeah I know I'm catching up to ur weight Class lol. For the "rope" climbs I'm thinking 2 rope pullups per ascent. I think that's pretty close to a 15' climb becaus I only pulled 4-5 times when I did the 25' climb. You have a rope at your shop right?[/QUOTE]

Yea, we have a rope. I mesurted 15 foot and it took me 7 pulls to 15 foot this morning. I started standing and hands over head. I'm 5'6'' tall so I'm small and take more pulls then you guys.

Nik Nichols 05-17-2010 08:18 AM

10:00 break. pullups and situps, I already squated. Pullups sore on my left bi a little.

I did a set of 20reps each on the ''YWLT'' strech thing.

A couple of MU's just to go through the motion. It has been over a week on them.

Marianne Urbanski 05-17-2010 09:00 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;784666]Clean and Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

165lbs x2
175lbs x2
185lbs x3

Kept oit light and easy. I had Martin there which I knew it was a distraction, and I was testing my shoulder. It was sore for atleast the first 3 reps but eased off after that. Happy with it all today.

I fought off the erge to max. It get easier rep by rep. But I came in today with the idea to not max. So really good day.[/quote]

nice to take it easy while you are still recovering, Nik.. Hope you start to feel better soon!!

Nik Nichols 05-17-2010 11:26 AM

"Tommy V"

For time:
115 pound Thruster, 21 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 12 ascents
115 pound Thruster, 15 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 9 ascents
115 pound Thruster, 9 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 6 ascents

time 40:40

I only got 23 of the climbs done, I couldn't get up the rope for the last ones. I did rope pullups to finish.

My hands are wrecked. I slipped and slid down the rope real fast and burned my hands pretty good, got some blisters ect. finget tips are still numb.

Thanks to Brady getting me through this.

It didn't hurt my shoulder or bi on the rope. The thrusters werwe sore a little on the first few, but warmed up quickly.

Nik Nichols 05-17-2010 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;785006]nice to take it easy while you are still recovering, Nik.. Hope you start to feel better soon!![/QUOTE]

Will do, I'm working on my shoulder and arm. it feels alot better and better ROM too. Todays workout was tough, but it didn't bother my arm.

Nik Nichols 05-17-2010 01:20 PM

3:00 break, more rolling my shoulder and bi. other ROM shoulder exercizes.