CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Charles Bennington 12-23-2008 05:12 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;477993]ok, I only had time for 3 rounds of 30 70lbs KBS witch turned to 60 lbsafter second round, I couldnt get the 70lbs past chest hifgh. 30 pullups 100 jumps on jump rope.[/QUOTE]

Still a rough 3 rounds, damn fine job sir.

Tape on the rings make a BIG difference in my consecutive MUs for sure.

Scott Jenkins 12-24-2008 01:18 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;477993]ok, I only had time for 3 rounds of 30 70lbs KBS witch turned to 60 lbsafter second round, I couldnt get the 70lbs past chest hifgh. 30 pullups 100 jumps on jump rope.[/QUOTE]

Great work in bad conditions and busy times Nik, I imagine you in a business meeting shouting while swinging the KBS then just running out

Matthew Green 12-24-2008 03:26 AM

Hi Nik, I haven't even held a 2 pood KB but I know that 36kg(2 pood) DB swings are a nightmare!

Did you have a go at the full rollouts? I will be taking my solid medicine ball to my parents house for practice, you almost palm the ball across the ground making it easier to tell where your limits are.

Happy Christmas for tomorrow!

Nik Nichols 12-24-2008 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=Charles Bennington;478084]Still a rough 3 rounds, damn fine job sir.

Tape on the rings make a BIG difference in my consecutive MUs for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got a couple after taping. It is tough though. But I think I'm at that point of doing them in WOD's now, at least at the begining!!

Plus Vanessa showed me a muscle up transition that is closer to a muscle up then jumping or any other assist. So They are now on the menue. Oh and they are not kipping either, I tried to do some like that and it is harder for me.(as in I can't get one)

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;478345]Great work in bad conditions and busy times Nik, I imagine you in a business meeting shouting while swinging the KBS then just running out[/QUOTE]

Close, RThere is the filthy fifty I was on box jumps and my boss came out and started talking about work and asking about this order and that. All the wile I'm still jumping!!:rofl: I even kept my count which I have the worst time with!!

[QUOTE=Matthew Green;478367]Hi Nik, I haven't even held a 2 pood KB but I know that 36kg(2 pood) DB swings are a nightmare!

Did you have a go at the full rollouts? I will be taking my solid medicine ball to my parents house for practice, you almost palm the ball across the ground making it easier to tell where your limits are.

Happy Christmas for tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Yea 2 pood is a ''man'' weight!! I only got 1 round and 7 reps at it, then I couldn't get it high enough and dropped to 60 lbs. I will try the roll out today and see If I can't give myself a black eye for Christmass!!:rofl:

Happy Christmass too you!!!

Nik Nichols 12-24-2008 11:42 AM

Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps

latst time this time

1. 175lbs 1. 185lbs
2. 195lbs 2. 200lbs
3. 215lbs 3. 225lbs
4. 225lbs 4. 235lbs
5. 240lbs 5. 245lbs

Those last two sets were tough. Real tough, but happy with the 5 extra lbs

Scott and Mathew, I did those foot to hand rollouts, they aren''t as bad as I thought. I did one per round during the squats just to see. I didn't rep them just messing with it. I may video it so you guys can check form and want to see it.

Carla Tremblay 12-25-2008 04:28 PM

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas Day Nik! :)

Camille Lore 12-25-2008 07:08 PM

Nice job with the back squat improvements, Nik!
Happy holidays....

Patrick Haskell 12-26-2008 06:06 AM

Foot to hand rollouts are Impressive. Hope you had an excellent Christmas day.

Nik Nichols 12-29-2008 07:30 AM

Ok, so I missed a couple of workouts over the holiday. It sucked that I had to miss them, but I expected it. So my back is really sor on the upper left side, I don't know what I did, I guess i slept funny.

I went back and did 50 weighted back ext. to try to strech it out(it usually works) and 50 weighted situps. I was going to do some roll outs and couldn't. I went to put the bar on the rack and my back said no.

I so wanted to do todays WOD, but I don't know. The end of the year looks like crap right now.:ranting2:

Scott Jenkins 12-29-2008 08:02 AM

Sorry to hear your feeling some back pain, it will probably pass very quick if its just from sleeping wrong Nik, you got lots of workouts to pick from so one must be good.