CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hi, cfit member (Bucktown Crossfit) running a kickstarter on apparel for athletic men (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=79401)

Oliver Trunkett 12-19-2012 04:47 PM

Hi, cfit member (Bucktown Crossfit) running a kickstarter on apparel for athletic men

[url]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/otrunkett/swole-society-apparel-clothes-for-the-athletic-man[/url] -- of course, the link.

Hi, I'm nearing the end of a campaign for a clothing lined focused on men who exercise and have athletic builds. We've worked pretty hard on it and have recently put up some photos of the final product, and I wanted to share it with this board to see what you all think.

You can find more information at the actual kickstarter page and if you have any questions here I'll definitely answer. Hopefully this is in line with posting rules, don't want this in the wrong place.

Thanks! A large chunk of measurements used to make sizing chart were actually crossfit members since I actually go to a crossfit gym, and I measured lots of people from Chicago boxes.

Andrew N. Casey 12-20-2012 01:43 PM

Re: Hi, cfit member (Bucktown Crossfit) running a kickstarter on apparel for athletic

man i like the concept but after looking at the clothes and the sizing not sure if it really is gonna fit people that are truly "swole". i imagine i would have the same issue with this as normal clothes. also, the model looks tiny, not "swole" at all. the model doesn't have an "athletic build" he just looks small. i mean when i look at the sizing i think the sm or med waist sizes needs to go with the L or XL chest and necks... otherwise it is just a normal shirt. also, what are the prices going to be on these? b/c i can already get nice shirts tailored so these would have to be cheaper than that.

Sean Dunston 12-24-2012 03:54 AM

Re: Hi, cfit member (Bucktown Crossfit) running a kickstarter on apparel for athletic

I agree with Andrew.
I'm by no means a "big" or "swole" guy at 5'7" and 177-182#, but your shirt sizes wouldn't come close to working for me.
The Medium chest would probably work at 42", but the neck isnt close (and wouldn't be close until I got to your XL size because I have a 17" neck). And the waist of the medium through XL shirts would billow on me.

Suggestion - measure some more varied body types, especially guys that actually look a bit "swole" so that you get a better idea of what their measurements are.

PS: a lot of men around here are in need of pants that have smaller waist sizes with lots of room for our squat-developed glutes and quads/hams. It is next to impossible to find jeans for a guy with a 31" waist and 28" thighs. Do that, and you'll make a mint.

Matt Thomas 12-24-2012 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=Sean Dunston;1119248] It is next to impossible to find jeans for a guy with a 31" waist and 28" thighs. Do that, and you'll make a mint.[/QUOTE]

Are those your measurements? O_o

Anyways Oliver getting your measurements from your average male that attends a CF gym is probably not going to help your numbers. Yes some of the games competitors could be considered swole, but your average CF male is not. A lot of them may have low body fat percentage and be what people would call "ripped," but it has been my experience that a very small percentage of CF men in the real world are "big".

Shawn Bellon 12-24-2012 02:51 PM

I'm around 270 and can't even get our affiliate shirts to fit. :) Nice stuff for sure that was displayed. I think you are going in the right direction.

Camille Lore 12-26-2012 03:57 PM

Oliver, this is not in line with posting rules as we do not allow any advertising on this message board. Please re-read the Site Rules (link in yellow above).