CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-10-2010 05:25 PM

Re: Nik

Oh man, does anyone else have doms from the handstand walking? My praps, neck mid back are really sore now. Shoulders to but not as bad.

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 06:24 AM

"Tabata This!"

Tabata Row
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Squat
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Pull-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Push-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Sit-up
row was sumo woth 45lbs bar.

pullups fell apartafter round 5, my shoulders just died out.
pushups the same, I had a solid 11reps till round 4.

I didn't even compare, I know it isn't a pr, still a good way to wake up.

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 06:48 AM

Solid work in the morning , must of really woke you up. Pull ups sound scary if they broke down for you, did you game it at all or go all out from the start?

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853905]Solid work in the morning , must of really woke you up. Pull ups sound scary if they broke down for you, did you game it at all or go all out from the start?[/QUOTE]

No gaming. I want all out, it is 20 secons work, so any gaming I feel like I loose. I know I will slow down, but if I set my reps as high as I can then I have a better target then starting with a manageable set of reps.

My pullups went because of the handstand walk. I am still feeling it today. My shoulders are tired. It was the most I have been on my hamds and doing something ''new'' and different killes the muscles. I bet you have a better go at the pullups.

Ernie Guevara 10-11-2010 07:21 AM

That's still a good score for being all sore and eat up nik! Great job bud!

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 07:28 AM

Yeah that is a lot of handwalking Nik, I was quite impressed/shocked that you got the full 100m done, I did not even imagine I would complete it and didnt. Last time on this I got a score of 6 for the pull ups so would be very happy to match yours. Not sure what I will do about the row, probably sumo like yourself.

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;853919]That's still a good score for being all sore and eat up nik! Great job bud![/QUOTE]
Thanks Ernie, It wasn't to bad seeing I didn't have any 1.5''POOF'' KB swings!!;)
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853920]Yeah that is a lot of handwalking Nik, I was quite impressed/shocked that you got the full 100m done, I did not even imagine I would complete it and didnt. Last time on this I got a score of 6 for the pull ups so would be very happy to match yours. Not sure what I will do about the row, probably sumo like yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was a bit suprised at your negitive forward motion on the handstand walk. At least if I got a step it was forward. I would have stopped too if i took two steps and ended up tarther back.

I though about it off and on this weekend. How does that work?

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853926]Thanks Ernie, It wasn't to bad seeing I didn't have any 1.5''POOF'' KB swings!!;)

Yea, I was a bit suprised at your negitive forward motion on the handstand walk. At least if I got a step it was forward. I would have stopped too if i took two steps and ended up tarther back.

I though about it off and on this weekend. How does that work?[/QUOTE]

Loving the 1.5 'Poof' quote Nik, Ernie's not mentioned that :p

When I kick up and only get two hand paces my feet usually come down behind me and are level to where my hands started and main page stated you have to go back to where your furthest bodypart lands. Also I tend to start handwalking forwards then go backwards when I lose balance and sometimes get two paces forward 3 back and so on.

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853946]Loving the 1.5 'Poof' quote Nik, Ernie's not mentioned that :p

When I kick up and only get two hand paces my feet usually come down behind me and are level to where my hands started and main page stated you have to go back to where your furthest bodypart lands. Also I tend to start handwalking forwards then go backwards when I lose balance and sometimes get two paces forward 3 back and so on.[/QUOTE]

Ok well I may have ''cheated'' it then. I read the workout and started with my FEET at the furthest point. So when I would fall back down, which was always backwards back on my feet, I would start with me feet there not kick up and start with me hands where my feet landed. That explanes it.

That and your step back. I always went forward of no where, I don't know if I just dropped if I lost ballence back or it just didn't happen to get steps backwards.

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853951]Ok well I may have ''cheated'' it then. I read the workout and started with my FEET at the furthest point. So when I would fall back down, which was always backwards back on my feet, I would start with me feet there not kick up and start with me hands where my feet landed. That explanes it.

That and your step back. I always went forward of no where, I don't know if I just dropped if I lost ballence back or it just didn't happen to get steps backwards.[/QUOTE]

Thats still a lot of work even without the back to feet rule, not many people even attempted that one. I could of probably just gone back down but got fed up with kicking back up so would hold onto the handstand whichever direction I went in until I fell.

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 01:27 PM

3:00 break

5 min handstand hold. clock stops when i fell off the wall. with 5 pistols each leg penalty.

5 sets to get the 5 min
so 50 pistols total.

Nik Nichols 10-12-2010 06:57 AM

''A.M. warm up'';)

Snatch balance 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

1.145lbs
2.145lbs
3.150lbs
4.155lbs
5.160lbs f,f, got ot on 3rd try
6.165lbs f, got it
7.165f, got it

last time
3.145F,F got it
6.160f, got it
7.165lbs F, got it
8.170FFF

I didn't retry 170, it took all I had to get the 165 again, but I got some good work in. Real happy with it all.

Scott Jenkins 10-12-2010 07:00 AM

That's strong work Nik, my PR is 135lb from last time , remembering I can not fail!!! Going to definately try and up my game seeing as the girls on main page got heavier and I am a big lump. Your becoming a morning workout person now, you finding it better training early?

Marianne Urbanski 10-12-2010 07:02 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;854330]''A.M. warm up'';)

1.145lbs
2.145lbs
3.150lbs
4.155lbs
6.165lbs f, got it
7.165f, got it

last time
3.145F,F got it
6.160f, got it
7.165lbs F, got it
8.170FFF

I didn't retry 170, it took all I had to get the 165 again, but I got some good work in. Real happy with it all.[/quote]

solid work, NIk!!

Ernie Guevara 10-12-2010 07:13 AM

Good stuff bud!!! I miss my early wod sessions! They made me feel so energized for the rest of the day. I can't seem to peel myself off the bed to workout that early anymore lol.

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;854330]''A.M. warm up'';)

1.145lbs
2.145lbs
3.150lbs
4.155lbs
6.165lbs f, got it
7.165f, got it

last time
3.145F,F got it
6.160f, got it
7.165lbs F, got it
8.170FFF

I didn't retry 170, it took all I had to get the 165 again, but I got some good work in. Real happy with it all.[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 10-12-2010 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;854333]That's strong work Nik, my PR is 135lb from last time , remembering I can not fail!!! Going to definately try and up my game seeing as the girls on main page got heavier and I am a big lump. Your becoming a morning workout person now, you finding it better training early?[/QUOTE]
Yea, I'm liking the morning, It is different, all though my stomach tries to get sick on metcons because it is empty, but only after the workout, not during.

The snach ballence was good. I was looking up my old numbers and you had posted that you couldn't drop them, that you dropped on rep and caught it at the waist high level. I say you pick a weight that is mid to 75% and do 7 reps of that. You prd at 135, say 125pounds all across the board, that is alot of work.
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;854335]solid work, NIk!![/QUOTE]
Thank you thank you!
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;854338]Good stuff bud!!! I miss my early wod sessions! They made me feel so energized for the rest of the day. I can't seem to peel myself off the bed to workout that early anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

man it is nice in the morning. Really wakes you up don't it? Maybe you are needing the extra sleep right now?

Scott Jenkins 10-12-2010 09:24 AM

Thanks for the advice Nik, I actually hit sets of 5 reps at 125lb as my warm up today, reckon the oly class did me good as it felt much more solid. Spent more time warming up and stretching and that really helped.

Glad the early mornings suit you, its great for you as then when you hit extras they are after the main WOD and you can judge better how much you do without over training.

Nik Nichols 10-12-2010 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;854405]Thanks for the advice Nik, I actually hit sets of 5 reps at 125lb as my warm up today, reckon the oly class did me good as it felt much more solid. Spent more time warming up and stretching and that really helped.

Glad the early mornings suit you, its great for you as then when you hit extras they are after the main WOD and you can judge better how much you do without over training.[/QUOTE]

Thats it exactly, but tomorrow i will hit the workout at lunch seeing Brady is back on board.

I'll check out your log now and see how you did today.

Nik Nichols 10-12-2010 01:33 PM

''don't squat in your good work shorts''

i was going to do a front squat back squat combo amd got up to my weight for front squat which was supose to be 185 10 set of 3 and got the first rep at 185 and RRRRIIIP. goes my short, well I finished the set and finished my shorts. Good thing I have extra gym shorts to wear.

So 3:00 break 1 set 3 reps 185pound front squat!:cool:

Nik Nichols 10-13-2010 06:39 AM

A.M. warm up

30 GHDs
30 Back ext, all I had time for.

Scott Jenkins 10-13-2010 06:51 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;854542]3:00 break

''don't squat in your good work shorts''

i was going to do a front squat back squat combo amd got up to my weight for front squat which was supose to be 185 10 set of 3 and got the first rep at 185 and RRRRIIIP. goes my short, well I finished the set and finished my shorts. Good thing I have extra gym shorts to wear.

So 3:00 break 1 set 3 reps 185pound front squat!:cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah and I see your in the rip up your shorts gang also Nik, shows you were going nice and deep at least!! Even when you start a workout and there's room sometimes when the blood gets pumping your legs grow and bust outą!!>

Nik Nichols 10-13-2010 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;854833]Yeah and I see your in the rip up your shorts gang also Nik, shows you were going nice and deep at least!! Even when you start a workout and there's room sometimes when the blood gets pumping your legs grow and bust outą!!>[/QUOTE]

HAHA, yea, I'm glad to have had an extra pair. Looking to beat 20>02 today. I will try your 321go tip from last time to cycle the MU's

Nik Nichols 10-13-2010 08:35 AM

10:00 break

I only had a few min, so I did a few streches and marked the wall ball 10 foot mark and did 1 MU to ''warm up'' a bit and get a few done.

Nik Nichols 10-13-2010 11:06 AM

For time:
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
10 Muscle-ups
40 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
8 Muscle-ups
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
6 Muscle-ups
20 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
4 Muscle-ups
10 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
2 Muscle-ups

time 14:00

That was really good.

MUs were in singles, but fast. I got 2 in a row a few times

Wall ball I got 36 and finished the 50
The 40 reps were the worst, I wanted 10s but got 6,4 splits with short breaks, the rest were in 10s.

Funny it was harder to get more then 1 rep on MUs after pushing so hard during wallball. But it was all faster. Breaks on MUs were 321go.

Went for a quick 400m run after, not timed.

Ernie Guevara 10-13-2010 12:17 PM

That's an awesome pr Nik! Great job on the quick breaks bud!!:highfive:

Scott Jenkins 10-13-2010 12:40 PM

That is a really fast time Nik, your muscle ups have improved massively and mixed up with one of your goats I am very impressed, looks like its veg for you also :pepper:

Nik Nichols 10-13-2010 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;855015]That's an awesome pr Nik! Great job on the quick breaks bud!!:highfive:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;855026]That is a really fast time Nik, your muscle ups have improved massively and mixed up with one of your goats I am very impressed, looks like its veg for you also :pepper:[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, really I'm really shocked at it myself, i keep going over it and thinking I missed something. Or sakipped, Brady pushed me through the last bit.

It went well, no pitty party on the wall ball, just short breaks and go. I was breathing like a train.

Nik Nichols 10-13-2010 01:33 PM

2 pos clean+jerk: work up to 75%x2+1x5 sets.

2 position cleas are from ground then from mid thigh weight 160lbs.

Nik Nichols 10-13-2010 07:56 PM

evening core TV workout.
50 ab rollouts
10 min sit in full squat
50 ab rollouts
2min each side hip strech with back foot on couch and back knee on ground.

Laurie Smith 10-13-2010 08:00 PM

Damn Nik! You killed that WOD, nice job!

Nik Nichols 10-14-2010 06:42 AM

Test: Overhead squat or long sit with your feet straight out and pull your toes back toward your face
Mwod: Mess around with the band ankle mobs 1-2 min each direction/each side
Stretch your calves, 2min
Roll out your leg gristle 4-5 min each side, or until you are out of vomit.
Retest: Improved Ankle ROM? How's that squat?

ok got all of it done. With 5 min each side rolling IT bacd. It was pain.

the ankle strech gave me 2or3 in rang of motion just like Kelly did on the video, it was cool.

The 30 reps GHDs.

Scott Jenkins 10-14-2010 06:51 AM

Oh yes, forgot to answer your question on my log. I watch the mobility WOD every day religiously and do almost all of them, unless he does not show what he's doing properly like in a video two days ago when you could not see below he's waist. I actually enjoy doing the IT band, just broke my cardboard tube that I use to roll it after weeks of using it, going to the store cupboard for a new one now.

Nik Nichols 10-14-2010 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;855324]Oh yes, forgot to answer your question on my log. I watch the mobility WOD every day religiously and do almost all of them, unless he does not show what he's doing properly like in a video two days ago when you could not see below he's waist. I actually enjoy doing the IT band, just broke my cardboard tube that I use to roll it after weeks of using it, going to the store cupboard for a new one now.[/QUOTE]

Man I don't like the IT band, well, it really hurts me, but I know it is good for me.

Nik Nichols 10-14-2010 08:22 AM

10:00 break
25 deadhang pullups 15,5,5
30 glute ham back ext
25 regular dips on forks of forklift no kip 15,10,5

Nik Nichols 10-14-2010 11:37 AM

1. 3 pos snatch: high hang, mid thigh, floor. work 6-8 sets including warm ups. go up to a medium weight....use good form.

2. sn pulls: work up to 3 x 3 reps

3. sn pp: 5, 4, 3, 3, 3

3 pos snach was
95lbs x3
100lbs x2
105lbs x2

these were rough, I was all obver thwe place and missed alot. It all boils down to form. It wasn't heavy, I was just missing, but that is what today is for.

sn pulls were at 155lbs. That is 10 lbs over max snach weight.

I didn't have time for the sn pp because of all the trouble on the 3 pos snach. Maybe make it up at 3:00

Nik Nichols 10-14-2010 01:30 PM

Shoulder press
3reps 5 sets
4 sets at 115lbs
last set at 120lbs.

Nik Nichols 10-15-2010 06:16 AM

Three rounds for time of:
135 pound Hang power cleans, 15 reps
15 Burpees
time 10:39
last time 8:39

yep 2 min slower. I don't know, no excuses. Cleans were hard today

first set unbroken just barely, sets2,and3 were in 5's with short count.

Burpees unbroken

the longest breaks was the transition, looked at the bar to long amd I knew it. Breathing really hard today.

Scott Jenkins 10-15-2010 06:39 AM

You cannot pr all the time Nik and those HP Cleans are almost as heavy as yourself, I would be there for a long time doing my BW, a lot longer than you took. Just a mind power thing I reckon, you said you stared at the bar for too long so remember that for next time.

Nik Nichols 10-15-2010 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;855826]You cannot pr all the time Nik and those HP Cleans are almost as heavy as yourself, I would be there for a long time doing my BW, a lot longer than you took. Just a mind power thing I reckon, you said you stared at the bar for too long so remember that for next time.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm trying not to get mad at it. I think it was all the snach and shoulder work from yesterday, I went into it fatigued a bit I think. I was talking myself up, but twards the end of each set of cleans it would catch lower, I was starting to hit failier, so I was pushing as best I could today.

I'm glad to have gotten the work done. I pushed hard, just not as hard as I have. Eh like you said, I can't pr every day, and today is not that day.

Oh and I wont beable to workout tomorrow either. Cathys brother is an indipendant film maker and I'm going to be filming with him all day tomorrow from 6:00am to late. I even have a bit part as a hired goon. It is a film about hit men and crim bosses ectra. I get to be a security good for the boss. I don't think I have lines(I hope I don't) Just stand arround looking mean with a gun. So at best it will be Sunday.

That is kind of why I worked out so hard yesterday, kind of making up for it.

You have class tonight, so you will miss out on todays workout.

Scott Jenkins 10-15-2010 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;855830]Yea, I'm trying not to get mad at it. I think it was all the snach and shoulder work from yesterday, I went into it fatigued a bit I think. I was talking myself up, but twards the end of each set of cleans it would catch lower, I was starting to hit failier, so I was pushing as best I could today.

I'm glad to have gotten the work done. I pushed hard, just not as hard as I have. Eh like you said, I can't pr every day, and today is not that day.

Oh and I wont beable to workout tomorrow either. Cathys brother is an indipendant film maker and I'm going to be filming with him all day tomorrow from 6:00am to late. I even have a bit part as a hired goon. It is a film about hit men and crim bosses ectra. I get to be a security good for the boss. I don't think I have lines(I hope I don't) Just stand arround looking mean with a gun. So at best it will be Sunday.

That is kind of why I worked out so hard yesterday, kind of making up for it.

You have class tonight, so you will miss out on todays workout.[/QUOTE]

That's got to be it, your still fatigued from yesterday and hitting a workout in the morning like that is much harder than having the whole day to get the muscles warmed up for an evening attack. I always have a dodgy Saturday morning after the class Friday night.

The filming sounds brilliant, I hope you got sun glasses and the full stubble going on Nik, you definately gotta get some pics and post them up for us seeing as your not posting any workouts.