CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 11-06-2008 08:36 PM

Re: The Bassman's Log (Steve Lampl)

[quote=Nancy Cohen;440161]Woooohoooo!! Isn't that amazing!!!

I assume that you feel better and stronger and healthier than you did 9 weeks ago, too, right?[/quote]

Absolutely! It is hard to believe........It's funny how I feel like a kid; I'm just stuck in an old fart's body! Things creak/crack/groan/pop all over the place, but I just bounce back. Wish I'd discovered this stuff years ago. Oh well.......coulda, shoulda, woulda.........but I'm still stoked!

[quote=Charles Bennington;440378]:eek: Damn...Simply awesome.[/quote]

Thanks, Chuck!

Nancy Cohen 11-06-2008 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;440444]It's funny how I feel like a kid; I'm just stuck in an old fart's body! Things creak/crack/groan/pop all over the place, but I just bounce back. [/QUOTE]

I hear ya, and I'm not even as aged as you are!!

I bet it all becomes easier on your body as you lose weight. It's hard on your joints and stuff to carry extra weight.

Stephen R. Lampl 11-06-2008 10:35 PM

[quote=Nancy Cohen;440456]I hear ya, and I'm not even as aged as you are!!

I bet it all becomes easier on your body as you lose weight. It's hard on your joints and stuff to carry extra weight.[/quote]

You are so right! I cannot wait to drop under 200#. If I could make it to 180, I'd be happy. BMI calls for me (at my height) to max out at 170, with the Dr. recommending as low as 155. Doing CF and adding the muscle as it appears I am, I think 180 - 185 is more realistic.

Thanks again for all the encouragement!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-07-2008 05:44 PM

[U][B]Friday, 11/07/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]Warm-Up:
Stationary Cycling. [/I][/B][I]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.7 mi / HR @ 104.

[B]Light Rowing:[/B] 300m.

[B]WOD:
Four Round for Time
400m Rowing (sub for run)
50 Squats. (broke into groups of 10 and 15).
[/B]
[B]Time = 17:45 as Rx'd[/B] (First time doing this WOD).

[B]General / Strengthening:
5 Rounds (not timed):
5 Pull-ups
10 Pushups

[/B]First 4 Pull-ups DH (2 overhand grip, 2 underhand). All remaining were Jumping PUs.

[B]Push Presses (Dumbbell)[/B]
[B]20# x 10

Good Mornings
45# X 8;

Felt L/Hamstring let go somewhere, so my WO for the day ended prematurely. Lots of ice, rest, and foam rolling if I can tolerate it. Hope it's just a level 1 tear.......
Getting old SUCKS!!! :ranting2:
[/B]
[/I]

Christin Street 11-07-2008 07:39 PM

Way to work your Pull-ups, Steve!! Nice row/squat work too!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-07-2008 09:20 PM

[quote=Christin Street;441401]Way to work your Pull-ups, Steve!! Nice row/squat work too![/quote]

Thank you, Christin!

Any suggestions for pulled/torn hamstrings?

Erin Davidson 11-07-2008 10:08 PM

Hey, Steve - I posted in Justin's log thinking I was posting in yours - but I don't think you actually tore anything did you? You didn't hear anything pop, yes? Because torn hamstrings are TERRIBLY painful (I've been there when it's happened and it is sooooooo scary).

I'll try to get some information together to send you.

Stephen R. Lampl 11-07-2008 10:39 PM

[quote=Erin Davidson;441484]Hey, Steve - I posted in Justin's log thinking I was posting in yours - but I don't think you actually tore anything did you? You didn't hear anything pop, yes? Because torn hamstrings are TERRIBLY painful (I've been there when it's happened and it is sooooooo scary).

I'll try to get some information together to send you.[/quote]

Thanks, Erin. Just saw your post there and replied. I didn't hear the pop, but I sure felt it. Know what it was, because I had it happen about 8 years ago to my right leg (running). That one was a L2 tear - - didn't run again for nearly a year! The pits with that one was I had done a lot of strength work for my poor running........was doing a sprint probably faster than I'd ever done, and felt really good, so I "put it into overdrive." Big mistake - - never, ever change your stride and "power up" in a hard run. I learned the hard way!

I'm not in a lot of pain. I was REALLY lucky, I think. Awaiting your info! Thanks so much, Erin. I'll let you know how it goes.....

Patrick Haskell 11-08-2008 06:27 PM

Rest up, Steve. Positive vibes -> It's just a mild pull. At least you weren't sprinting this time. Keep loose and focus on other activities. Got rings? ;)

Lee Ann McCall 11-08-2008 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;441330][U][B]Friday, 11/07/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]Warm-Up:
Stationary Cycling. [/I][/B][I]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.7 mi / HR @ 104.

[B]Light Rowing:[/B] 300m.

[B]WOD:
Four Round for Time
400m Rowing (sub for run)
50 Squats. (broke into groups of 10 and 15).
[/B]
[B]Time = 17:45 as Rx'd[/B] (First time doing this WOD).

[B]General / Strengthening:
5 Rounds (not timed):
5 Pull-ups
10 Pushups

[/B]First 4 Pull-ups DH (2 overhand grip, 2 underhand). All remaining were Jumping PUs.

[B]Push Presses (Dumbbell)[/B]
[B]20# x 10

Good Mornings
45# X 8;

Felt L/Hamstring let go somewhere, so my WO for the day ended prematurely. Lots of ice, rest, and foam rolling if I can tolerate it. Hope it's just a level 1 tear.......
Getting old SUCKS!!! :ranting2:
[/B]
[/I][/QUOTE]

Hey, Steve. I'm back from the dead and wanted to stop by to see how you were doing. Like on of the posters above, I also checked out about the time you got your first pull up back. This is a TON of progress!

Sorry to hear about the hamstring. hopefully it's a minor pull that will heal in a week or so. You are right - getting old TOTALLY sucks!

I've been sick so I haven't been doing too much, but hope to be back for real soon.

In the meantime, I wanted to send you good thoughts for a speedy recovery from the injury and kudos for all the hard work!!!:highfive: